IGNORED

Wycombe

Bassomylord

18 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I don't like the "must win" statement but it probably does apply to this game. 

Yes, but Wycombe "must win," otherwise I might lose and @GrahamC might win in our bitter 'Wycombe v Rotherham 16/17: who is more shit?' debate. And as we know from this venerable platform, being personally right about football is more delicious and delightful and satisfying than even City winning. We can finish 14th without beating Wycombe  (I think ....)

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

@Moments of Pleasure At present you are definitely on course to be correct.

From memory they lost the first 7 but have picked up a lot of draws since then.

I’ve seen them on Sky a couple of times & they look like what they are, a League One side playing in The Championship, but their ugly football is relatively effective & they certainly battle.

Terrible to watch, though.

Remind you of any other teams

I think this is a bit of a must win in a sense. Not especially worried about the drop but the reaction on here if we lose...

We won't lose but it won't necessarily be easy either. I also think they're and always thought this BTW, bit better than 2016/17 Rotherham. They had some bad bad decisions go against them in opening games.

They are gamely, they can compete to some extent but we should be looking at the win here.

Doubly important as I don't see us getting much at Luton and in particular Brentford!

Just the kind of game we do not need given:  

1. At home - where we are consistently poor

2. Against Wycombe - who will out do us for endeavour and commitment 

3. Our form / confidence - both destroyed by woeful recent performances 

4. The stats - so few efforts on goal tbh I can’t  see us scoring anytime soon 

5. Our injury list - say no more

Lets hope that the Football Gods do us a favour and somehow we win a game which we look set to lose. 

Archived