IGNORED

Accumulate to speculate

BLRed

In light of MA comments Re: contract renewals and the fact times are tough financially so forthcoming contracts are about ‘timing’, Is anyone thinking that possibly the club are waiting to receive offers for players like nagy, (as an example who had interest from abroad recently), that would release the funds to tie down other players such as Walsh, fam et al?
Or is MA simply playing poker with representatives to ensure we’re not paying over the odds for players we want to keep?

what assets in relation to the nagy example do we have that could be deemed dispensable as a form of cash influx?

Bentley is easily a 10m+ keeper IMO. Semenyo could make us money. I think Bakinson could be worth a wedge if he consistently played how he started the season. I wouldn’t want to lose any of those three. Better to make money by letting the likes of Baker and O’Dowda go and saving wages.

9 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Bentley is easily a 10m+ keeper IMO. Semenyo could make us money. I think Bakinson could be worth a wedge if he consistently played how he started the season. I wouldn’t want to lose any of those three. Better to make money by letting the likes of Baker and O’Dowda go and saving wages.

Easily a £10 million GK.... Seriously. 

He's doing well but let's get real. 

26 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

what assets in relation to the nagy example do we have that could be deemed dispensable as a form of cash influx?

The coffee machine in the training ground canteen hasn't been used since lockdown restrictions came into force.

16 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Not about how much each player is worth but who has value that is potentially dispensable to fund the aforementioned contract renewals. Would say bentley, semenyo and bakinson are indispensable IMO

30 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

I would think that virtually, if not all Championship clubs and below are in the same financial straights due to lack of crowds and means that there’s very little available cash to wheel and deal. 

Deano did say that there has been interest in some of our players but no actual offers. No surprise there.

6 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Not about how much each player is worth but who has value that is potentially dispensable to fund the aforementioned contract renewals. Would say bentley, semenyo and bakinson are indispensable IMO

In my mind there is no such thing as an indespencible man. All can (and one day will) be replaced. The same can be said for all of us.

I'm sure @Robboredcould lose his place as skip one day from the Nailsea P team in the over 80' bowls.

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

In my mind there is no such thing as an indespencible man. All can (and one day will) be replaced. The same can be said for all of us.

I'm sure @Robboredcould lose his place as skip one day from the Nailsea P team in the over 80' bowls.

I have never played bowls for Nailsea  BC Tone. My outdoor club is West Backwell and has been since 1988. Nailsea are our local rivals. 
I do play indoor for them tho.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have never played bowls for Nailsea  BC Tone. My outdoor club is West Backwell and has been since 1988. Nailsea are our local rivals. 

So you play for them then one way or the other. Oui ou Non ?

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Do the “Derby” games get a bit feisty?

It’s very competitive but played in good spirits. We all know each other having played against each other home and away every summer for years.

Several of us play for the same indoor club.

49 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

We’d do well to get £5 million for Bentley in the current climate let alone 10!

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

We’d do well to get £5 million for Bentley in the current climate let alone 10!

48 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Easily a £10 million GK.... Seriously. 

He's doing well but let's get real. 

I really stand by 10! He’s consistent, got spectacular saves in his locker, very strong in one on ones and tidy enough with his distribution. Maybe my glasses are just very rose tinted but if someone took him off us for 5 million I’d be gutted.

easily £10m to an EPL club. What i expect to see with no crowds and little money from media companies to bail football out in this country is Premier League clubs take their pick of Championship players for 'current prices' like little Burnley did with Brownhill and little Bomo did with Kelly etc.

Champsionship clubs offer their players half their current rates to stay on, League 1 clubs struggle to play out next season and go part time and league 2 clubs go regional part-time and maybe merge with current non-league

That way there are just two full time Professional leagues in England and this whittles down with a Euro Super league sponsored by the bookies in 2022/23 season.

Easy to see this with no crowds and despite optimistic politicians i dont think any of us expect to see crowds in grounds before mid next season ie this time next year? 

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Bentley at £10m is fantasy in this climate of zero (or next to zero) income. only the very top clubs can afford fees of £10m and Football finance has been monopoly money for far too long, Covid is the cold wind that will blow reality in

Indeed. Don’t get me wrong pre covid and with Bentley playing the way he has been i’d have no doubt we would of got £10m for him, possibly even more in fact. 
As you have said though Covid will be a massive reality check for football worldwide. 

20 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed. Don’t get me wrong pre covid and with Bentley playing the way he has been i’d have no doubt we would of got £10m for him, possibly even more in fact. 
As you have said though Covid will be a massive reality check for football worldwide. 

Yep, easier to turn his head with big wages and offer a lower fee.  He’s in the £5-10m bracket, but I’m not sure we’d get top end of that currently.

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Baker - our best and most fearless defender by a mile ...

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Baker - our best and most fearless defender by a mile ...

I was thinking about Baker and could actually see him staying on vastly reduced wages now due to Covid, There won’t be many teams who will match what we’re paying him and his injury record makes him unattractive - we all know there is a decent player when fit so if the money’s right I’ve got a feeling we might keep him 

Just now, Rob k said:

I was thinking about Baker and could actually see him staying on vastly reduced wages now due to Covid, There won’t be many teams who will match what we’re paying him and his injury record makes him unattractive - we all know there is a decent player when fit so if the money’s right I’ve got a feeling we might keep him 

....I think the post covid world will see many people rethinking their priorities, and that includes pro footballers, I think you are spot on with your post 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Robbored’s West Backwell BC? :) 

Archived