IGNORED

Team for - Derby (A) - Sat 30th Jan 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome?

• Derby County Win
    • Draw
    • Bristol City Win
    • We got to see Wayne Rooney so we all win!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/21 at 15:01

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Derby have been steadily improving under Rooney . Don’t let their league position fool you. They were the better side box to box in the home game but they had nothing up front . 

He’s guided them to 1-0 wins over QPR away and Bournemouth at home. He also lost 1-0 at home to Rotherham. Looks like he’s sured them up at the back, but they are low scoring. 

Im not arguing he’s not improving them, but with half the season gone, they are the 21st best team in the league. If we have any aspirations of play-offs, we need to be targeting 3 points in matches like this. Single goal will win this one I think 

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

Yeah I'm worried our medical staff might have decided to amputate with Rowe and Gregor took back his Pato in the squad thing.

Unless there's a concrete bid I expect to see Fam, and why go for it with Lansbury just to sell Fam? If they're thinking that would soften the blow, that would be a huge PR mistake. And our PR game is... wait...

Hang on.... Gregor McWhathisface got it wrong..? Whatever next..?! 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Makes sense Nagy being back in I think.

Bit surprised Wells starts again. Thought Holden might have gone with Martin and Fam for this one.

But then Martin wouldn't be able to come. Off the bench to score a late winner... ?

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Makes sense Nagy being back in I think.

Bit surprised Wells starts again. Thought Holden might have gone with Martin and Fam for this one.

Agree on Nagy.

Wells had a good game against Millwall, then poor game against Huddersfield, no issue with him being given another chance playing centrally. Besides Martin seems to get less and less mobile with every game.

14 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

He’s guided them to 1-0 wins over QPR away and Bournemouth at home. He also lost 1-0 at home to Rotherham. Looks like he’s sured them up at the back, but they are low scoring. 

Im not arguing he’s not improving them, but with half the season gone, they are the 21st best team in the league. If we have any aspirations of play-offs, we need to be targeting 3 points in matches like this. Single goal will win this one I think 

He had to start by keeping clean sheets to turn it around. What I mean is , you can only judge him by the games he’s been in charge . League position is a little bit irrelevant when judging them under Rooney. Whoever we play , we have to get on the ball more and stop conceding so much possession . It’s become a real problem . When we do win it back we concede it too cheaply. Perhaps that’s why Holden wanted Lansbury 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

A boro team that stopped Norwich playmakers playing. Rather than giving them the freedom of the pitch like we did . It’s not usually like me but after the way we’ve been dominated the last two league games , I’m very pessimistic today. Bloody football ??

City will be alright a 4-4-2 Stevie.

Archived