IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

Disagree - he doesn't talk in 'Brent', big himself up at every opportunity, talk in platitudes all the time and chuck the players under the bus.   DH seems a genuine bloke but he is just in way way too deep now.  

What about the 352 is my system, this is how I will set my teams up. We will play eyes forward attacking foot ball. 

Total bulls***

13 minutes ago, joshthomson said:

Hello, f*cking wake up.We are in the middle of pandemic..... no bloody cash flow, injuries galore. We are fine, this season was always going to be a nothing season. Look at the contracts going out in summer. The board know we need to take a risk, this summer willbe it. Next season will be the one. Stop be optimistic, take it for what it is and let's enjoy next year ?

Josh this is not the place to be talking sense 

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

What about the 352 is my system, this is how I will set my teams up. We will play eyes forward attacking foot ball. 

Total bulls***

Yeah agree - think I was just so glad to get rid of the 'LJ speak' that I may have been slightly blindsided!

42 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Out of your depth Deano, real shame but you have to go NOW before this becomes a serious situation at the club. We are going backwards FAST. Needs an experienced coach at this level. Today clearly shown to me that there is no game plan. We have a weak under belly against physical teams and we have no leaders.

Not only that, but we hit the ball long or hit high crosses- how easy does that make it for big 6 foot opposing centre backs?

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

I actually feel for them. They've been offered the jobs, and they are now showing their credentials. Both in personality, leadership, respect, presence and decision making.

They are just very grey and are not engaging or charesmatic. They don't instill you with confidence. As a player, with experience, would you be thinking Wtf with some of their decisions? Even as fans we are looking on at dismay. It's the worst I've seen in a very long time.

I can't help but think the people that employed them have personal agendas to protect their own positions.

They do not inspire. Nice blokes, not up to this task. I don’t blame them. Ask for the accountability from the people who employed them and make those decisions. Lansdown has to trust a new set up with people who have a plan and know how to really go about implementing. Less bullsh*t from the likes of Ashton, more knowhow - spend the money on the right management to get your club where you want. Think Brentford, Swansea, in fact all those clubs who punch above their weight that have passed us since we were last in the top flight.

1 hour ago, tin said:

Today caps the latest in a long line of dismal performances under Holden, IMO. Off the top of my head:

Boro (h), Norwich (h), Huddersfield (a - for 70 minutes), Cardiff (a), QPR (a - for 45 minutes), Rotherham (a), Millwall (h), Preston (a), Luton (a), Norwich (a), Huddersfield (h - for 70 minutes), Derby (a), and now Cardiff (h). 

That’s ten whole games and at least three more halves — more than a quarter of the season. This is consistently the worst football I’ve seen since Millen or McInnes and that might be harsh on them.

Now I don’t expect us to win every game and I empathise with the injuries, but is it too much to expect us to compete with a Cardiff side with a sub ‘keeper in goal? I don’t think so.

The bottom line is the performances under Holden are largely abysmal and the results are starting to reflect that. Four defeats in the last six games now. Holden’s inexperience is being shown through tactical ineptitude. For example, Lansbury hasn’t even had an U23 game and is thrown in for most of the game today — in defensive midfield, ahead of others who’ve done well in that role this season. 

The board will start tapping us up for ST money soon. Who in their right mind wants to watch this dross? The worrying thing for me is there’s little hope of this getting any better as no manager worth their salt will accept working under Ashton. Drastic change is required otherwise I think we are in real danger of relegation next year. 

All my opinion, of course. 

Harsh to stick Norwich in that one IMO- I'd also say Huddersfield for 45-60 mins rather than 70 was poor, in the home game. 2nd half at Preston seemed alright?

Digress, vs Norwich we actually did create chances- what let us down was conceding at key times and the way we did, but we had mid 40's possession and created chances- Wells penalty miss, Martin hit post- Bentley made some good saves but so did Krul and also weighted for opposition I wouldn't generally struck Norwich at home in that list.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Harsh to stick Norwich in that one IMO- I'd also say Huddersfield for 45-60 mins rather than 70 was poor, in the home game. 2nd half at Preston seemed alright?

Digress, vs Norwich we actually did create chances- what let us down was conceding at key times and the way we did, but we had mid 40's possession and created chances- Wells penalty miss, Martin hit post- Bentley made some good saves but so did Krul and also weighted for opposition I wouldn't generally struck Norwich at home in that list.

Why is harsh to stick Norwich in? IMO, we were awful in the first half, Norwich had the game sewn up and the eased off in the second half, much like Brentford did the other night.

To be fair, if those are the only three bad performances you can pick holes in, my point stands that these performances on a consistent basis are neither sustainable if we want to compete in this division or acceptable if they want to sell season tickets. 

Just now, tin said:

Why is harsh to stick Norwich in? IMO, we were awful in the first half, Norwich had the game sewn up and the eased off in the second half, much like Brentford did the other night.

To be fair, if those are the only three bad performances you can pick holes in, my point stands that these performances on a consistent basis are neither sustainable if we want to compete in this division or acceptable if they want to sell season tickets. 

Don't agree, sloppy goals conceded but saw more positives from the Norwich game than the bulk on that list.

Agree, the overall performance level has been very poor for some time now- here have been some reasonable or halfway decent performances since say Huddersfield away but the overall standard is not up to much.

40 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Sounds like a Holden has thrown a few hand grenades in the dressing room 

Make or break time for most managers / Head Coaches

With most of the players thinking (probably) Who the **** are you?

We have no idea how you want us to play! And you're a rookie.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

With most of the players thinking (probably) Who the **** are you?

We have no idea how you want us to play!

That’s the danger Apoy

Thought the same thing myself - There’s a danger you get some grenades back

More difficult For them  if you’re Warnock , McCarthy or even a Ex top player

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think the club will be sounding out possible replacements this week, we will know how serious they are about making a run at the playoffs as we all can see where this season is heading otherwise.

Would love them to be doing so but there’s no chance , Holden will have next season due to the injures this season and COVID still being bad 

3 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think the club will be sounding out possible replacements this week, we will know how serious they are about making a run at the playoffs as we all can see where this season is heading otherwise.

Your first eleven words are contradicted by the rest.

5 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Would love them to be doing so but there’s no chance , Holden will have next season due to the injures this season and COVID still being bad 

Sadly, I have to agree. He'll be here until there is a serious threat of relegation.

Meanwhile, might be worth a flutter on the next outstanding candidate to eventually take over from Deano

Tommy Roe

20 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Think the board will be much more ruthless with Holden as they don't have the same affinity to him they did with LJ. No idea who would be a likely replacement as the Johnson family has been exhausted now!

19 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

They should be but they won’t, because Ashton treats recruiting a manager like recruiting a new business executive. So they advertise. Then have a paper sift. Then first interviews. Then a controlled assessment before inviting the top 2 or 3 for a second interview. They then offer it to the candidate who’s given the best modern power point presentation. Which is why we end up with the managers we do. Because whether your after a Lampard or a Warnock football doesn’t really work like that.

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think the board will be much more ruthless with Holden as they don't have the same affinity to him they did with LJ. No idea who would be a likely replacement as the Johnson family has been exhausted now!

And they won't have to pay out so much in compensation

Archived