IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Can’t remember the last time we were good . We’re I watched us and thought what a good side we are . Middlesbrough away probably. :yes:

Didn't enjoy first 10 games? Think we were at least outperforming varied aspects vs last season at that stage- seem to recall more goals, less chances conceded, more of the ball.

Long time ago though.

It was always going to be a weird season, with Coronavirus etc. Holden was a very uninspiring appointment at the time and tbh I've rather have stuck with LJ, if Holden is the alternative.

That said, he's only on a one year contract, so hopefully the board are treating this as a kind of transition year: Holdens here to steady the ship til we can make a proper appointment in the summer.

If thats the plan, then tbf it's going fine: we won't get play offs, but we won't get relegated either. 

However, I'll be very disappointed if Holden isnt replaced in the summer

31 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Their over control over the club. I believe they want someone with a weak backbone and won't kick up a fuss when told no. SL doesn't get along well with big personalities. 

DH & LJ are good yes men as they are happy to work with their system. I'm sure they'll be looking for a similar fit if DH were to leave. 

Well they are the owner and CEO so you do want them to have a bit of control over the club. 

Weak backbone is just insulting. 

Won’t kick up a fuss when told no. What are they being told no to? You can’t sign a better defender than Alfie Masson? You can’t sign a better midfielder than Joe Williams? You can’t have a better striker than the championships current leading scorer? You can only have a wage Bill that puts us 10m in red, not 11? 

SL doesn’t get along with big personalities  That’s very speculative and almost certainly wrong  Look at the most significant business relationship in SLs life. The man he built a multi billion pound business with. Hardly a happy go lucky wallflower is he? 

if your argument is about managerial selection missteps or a lack of clear philosophy when picking a manager, I can see that. But this ‘yes man’ thing is, I think, nonsense  

32 minutes ago, Kempson said:

From my viewpoint.

I'm not delighted with today, I'm not excited by this season, I feel things could've been done better overall.

But jesus christ if today is the worst football you've seen as a city fan be happy you weren't there for mcinnes and o'Driscoll. Wasnt even that long ago.

I was there, I was also there for Pulis and the dreadful Osman and over 20 years before him and this, unbelievabl, is worse than any of it

Theres 5 of us that travel to home games in the same car all season ticket holders we leave at 12oclock and make our way to the sports bar where we have a table booked we order food and drink a fair amount of beer we go down at half time for moor beer and sometimes after game for another couple ???????with the price of ticket and what we spend in bar must be quite a substantial sum of money over the course of the season sadly none of us are renewing despite the league position none of us could not stomach the thought of watching the diabolical shite thsts being served up i wonder how many more feel the same

1 hour ago, dREDful said:

Don't care where we are in the table, this is the worst football I've ever seen at any level. It's a disgrace. 

He might be a nice guy, but frankly he's not got a ******* clue what he's doing. 

For the love of God, give it a rest !!

20 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Someone should have warned you that drinking 3 gallons of hand sanitiser may sound a good idea as self vaccination

But it does strange side effects - bizarre thoughts , rants etc

?

Now you come back at me with the well researched facts and statistics. Good lad, you’re learning. Facts matter. 

4 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

I was there, I was also there for Pulis and the dreadful Osman and over 20 years before him and this, unbelievabl, is worse than any of it

With nothing but respect, was it really? We were in the game today and at times looked half decent. I'm not saying I was happy with the game by any stretch, quite the opposite. 

But we had our moments in the game, couldnt capitalise on them but we did, and I'd argue there aren't many games we havent had our moments in this season.

My opinion shall remain, is it good enough? No not really.

Is it the worst football I've ever seen city play? No not really.

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Millwall away a few days back ?

Was a joy to watch which makes this week even more annoying - thought we may have turned a corner of sorts. Guess those saying beware it’s a false dawn as it wasn’t Millwalls full team were right. 

1 hour ago, tin said:

The performances this season by and large have been shit, there’s no getting away from that. But I agree with @Numero Uno(would’ve liked your post but ran out of them!) Holden’s never been the right man, but if he were to go we’d regress even further due to the ineptitude of Ashton and the Lansdowns, IMHO.

Especially if they use the same recruitment strategy.

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Lansbury surely won't be on £40k per week here- the market has changed significantly since March.

That aside, we would surely be more cohesive with less players out- Holden can't be blamed for that, check the injury thread and games missed- think it's one of the worst in the Division.

Even so, we set up poorly and we often do- could we have tried, could we try something different? Always wondered if Wells and Semenyo might be a pair worth a go, horses for courses a bit some games- our setup gives us neither control or stability IMO.

Today was about getting the ball into wide areas and loading it into the box. The pitch dictated that. Did we do that? Only on the two occasions we came closest to scoring funnily enough. Trying to play football on a sea of mud up the middle was just plain stupidity. So you’re right, we set up all wrong.

36 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

That said, he's only on a one year contract, so hopefully the board are treating this as a kind of transition year: 

Not quite right there I’m afraid. It’s a rolling contract. He always has one year left on his contract at any given time. 

Sack him tomorrow and we would still have to pay him off a years worth of salary. 

43 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Well they are the owner and CEO so you do want them to have a bit of control over the club. 

Weak backbone is just insulting. 

Won’t kick up a fuss when told no. What are they being told no to? You can’t sign a better defender than Alfie Masson? You can’t sign a better midfielder than Joe Williams? You can’t have a better striker than the championships current leading scorer? You can only have a wage Bill that puts us 10m in red, not 11? 

SL doesn’t get along with big personalities  That’s very speculative and almost certainly wrong  Look at the most significant business relationship in SLs life. The man he built a multi billion pound business with. Hardly a happy go lucky wallflower is he? 

if your argument is about managerial selection missteps or a lack of clear philosophy when picking a manager, I can see that. But this ‘yes man’ thing is, I think, nonsense  

Disagree if you want but that's how I and others can see it. 

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They weren't jolly after the last win.

Let’s be fair about Tuesday, we got annihilated for the last hour of that game. One of the few occasions, ever, that I wasn’t actually that bothered that we won.

I may be in a minority but for me watching football is about enjoying the game not just saying “we won so it was great”. I don’t really enjoy watching players misplace 10 yard passes with monotonous regularity or clearances being lumped up to their centre halves who have time to bring it down and go again. I don’t want to watch us on the back foot for 60 solid minutes tbh.

If the above was the exception I would take it every day of the week but it isn’t the exception, it’s the norm. Points wise we are doing alright. Performance wise the football is complete and utter shite.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Let’s be fair about Tuesday, we got annihilated for the last hour of that game. One of the few occasions, ever, that I wasn’t actually that bothered that we won.

I may be in a minority but for me watching football is about enjoying the game not just saying “we won so it was great”. I don’t really enjoy watching players misplace 10 yard passes with monotonous regularity or clearances being lumped up to their centre halves who have time to bring it down and go again. I don’t want to watch us on the back foot for 60 solid minutes tbh.

If the above was the exception I would take it every day of the week but it isn’t the exception, it’s the norm. Points wise we are doing alright. Performance wise the football is complete and utter shite.

If you're in a minority it is then a minority of at least 2!

A City side with players of the quality of Bentley, Mawson, Kalas, Nagy, Palmer, Fam and Wells should not be looking fragile and shapeless in almost every game they play. It's obvious where the problem lies - as it has so often in the Lansdown era, which is now almost 20 years...we simply don't appoint managers with proven talent.You can have all the clubs in the bag you like but if you don't know what to do with them you are wasting your time.

Dean Holden!....I mean...seriously...

Archived