IGNORED

Sky TV and their coverage

Mad Cyril

8 hours ago, IAmNick said:

The something for nothing generation are the boomers I'm afraid, certainly not anybody young - unless you'd like to compare house prices, university prices, cost of living and so on... ;)

Even if it were younger people it'd only be because they saw what their parents had handed to them on a platter!

I'd gladly give City my £10 for the match. Is it possible to buy a single game on Sky? I'm not forking out for a month+ subscription for one game, personally.

Oh dear another one who thinks all older people had it handed to them on a plate, you sound very bitter which does not reflect well on you at all I'm afraid. do some research about 15% interest rates on mortgages in the 1970s, the difference being is that the younger generation today with obviously some exceptions expect things like £50 a month contracts and £800 I phones. I could go on but I am off to book up another holiday in the Caribbean for when all this pandemic is over.  

17 minutes ago, pillred said:

Oh dear another one who thinks all older people had it handed to them on a plate, you sound very bitter which does not reflect well on you at all I'm afraid. do some research about 15% interest rates on mortgages in the 1970s, the difference being is that the younger generation today with obviously some exceptions expect things like £50 a month contracts and £800 I phones. I could go on but I am off to book up another holiday in the Caribbean for when all this pandemic is over.  

Together with 10 - 15% inflation rate in mid 70's!

1 minute ago, Midred said:

Together with 10 - 15% inflation rate in mid 70's!

The way some younger people go on you would think all people born in the 50s and 60s are sitting on a pile of cash and have had it easy, of course some people are but many are struggling I find this constant dig at anyone over about 55 a bit tiring I can remember my parents buying their house for £2,500 those days are long gone for all of us, you just have to work with the hand you have been dealt being bitter about it achieves nothing Christ what I wouldn't give to be 25 again.

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Get that, but there is also the argument that if people didn't stream games, the broadcaster would have more customers, make more money and come renewal time might need to pay more to win the rights to show games.

And where would the extra Sky pay to get those rights come from?

Increased fees for their customers.

41 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Heartily sick of baby boomers being blamed for everything. We all have to live in the Economy that presents itself to us. Yes I got free University Education, I also paid huge amounts of tax for forty years!  Please do not stereotype, it’s such a easy game to play. You cannot be sexist or racist but blaming over 60’s for everything you don’t like about your own life is free and fun, so let’s all pile on. 

36 minutes ago, pillred said:

Was just a tongue in cheek response to blaming "millennials", who are no doubt equally sick of it!

Need to watch your blood pressure these days no doubt so I'll leave it there ;) 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

On the basis that illegal streaming has been around for well over a decade and the amounts TV companies are paying to broadcast live fixtures, there isn't going to be any issue for years to come 

No agreed - I think it’s wrong and amazed more hasn’t been done like when Napster was stopped for doing same thing with music etc 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

The 2nd half is about to start and the commentary team have stated "Let's see if Brentford can finish off Bristol City".

That is not impartial commentating.

Not to mention the dubbed over crowd noise of "Come on Brentford!!" on a loop for every single second of the game. Way to show impartiality. ?

12 hours ago, IAmNick said:

The something for nothing generation are the boomers I'm afraid, certainly not anybody young - unless you'd like to compare house prices, university prices, cost of living and so on... ;)

Even if it were younger people it'd only be because they saw what their parents had handed to them on a platter!

I'd gladly give City my £10 for the match. Is it possible to buy a single game on Sky? I'm not forking out for a month+ subscription for one game, personally.

Utter bollox

2 hours ago, 22A said:

The 2nd half is about to start and the commentary team have stated "Let's see if Brentford can finish off Bristol City".

That is not impartial commentating.

Don’t fall into the trap of actively looking for something to get annoyed/upset/offended about - that comment was harmless - take a deep breath - just let it wash over you ... it doesn’t matter

4 hours ago, phantom said:

On the basis that illegal streaming has been around for well over a decade and the amounts TV companies are paying to broadcast live fixtures, there isn't going to be any issue for years to come 

Spot on,It’s been readily available for over 20 years now(so I’m told ?) and the premier league rights continue to rise in price so what is wrong with it

13 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Heartily sick of baby boomers being blamed for everything. We all have to live in the Economy that presents itself to us. Yes I got free University Education, I also paid huge amounts of tax for forty years!  Please do not stereotype, it’s such a easy game to play. You cannot be sexist or racist but blaming over 60’s for everything you don’t like about your own life is free and fun, so let’s all pile on. 

As a baby boomer growing up in Withywood I can assure you spoons were what you used to stir tea; they weren't silver gilt let alone silver and we weren't born with them in our mouths. They weren't for snorting  coke or boiling up smack, though last time I ventured there that appeared to be a popular pastime with the kids.

Life choices, eh?

On 04/02/2021 at 08:47, BTRFTG said:

As a baby boomer growing up in Withywood I can assure you spoons were what you used to stir tea; they weren't silver gilt let alone silver and we weren't born with them in our mouths. They weren't for snorting  coke or boiling up smack, though last time I ventured there that appeared to be a popular pastime with the kids.

Life choices, eh?

Yeah Sea Mills in the 1960's wasn't exactly sushi bars and cocktails :laugh:

Archived