IGNORED

"11 Empty Shirts" - FBC Live Podcast @ 6.00 PM

headhunter

On seeing the starting X1 I experienced a flutter of enthusiasm, very rare these days! By 3.25 my hopes were dashed as we trailed 2-0 to two soft goals and played for the remainder of the game in the style of a growing list of woeful performances witnessed over the past 4 months.

Join us live at 6.00 and we'll try to keep on the right side of the happy clappers by trying to draw some positives from the performance but it'll be difficult.

https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=EEMPeFOwC6J   [Live link; recording in this thread by 9.00 tomorrow]

It doesn't matter what any of us think / say - this is Lansdown's club and his pride wouldn't let him pander to the demands of [I believe] the majority that Holden, nice human though he is is out of his depth.

Just now, headhunter said:

On seeing the starting X1 I experienced a flutter of enthusiasm, very rare these days! By 3.25 my hopes were dashed as we trailed 2-0 to two soft goals and played for the remainder of the game in the style of a growing list of woeful performances witnessed over the past 4 months.

Join us live at 6.00 and we'll try to keep on the right side of the happy clappers by trying to draw some positives from the performance but it'll be difficult.

https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=EEMPeFOwC6J   [Live link; recording in this thread by 9.00 tomorrow]

It doesn't matter what any of us think / say - this is Lansdown's club and his pride wouldn't let him pander to the demands of [I believe] the majority that Holden, nice human though he is is out of his depth.

Revamp required top to bottom - that was shit , no passion , no desire & no fight  

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Draw on the positives? There were no positives. Just be honest.

@headhuntersorry for the rant but Dean portrayals himself as a man of the fans. These our are local rivals (forget the blue few off the M32) , how many tackles did we make? How many fouls did we make ? Man of the people tag is becoming a bit boring now, still waiting for the front foot attacking football !! 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

@headhuntersorry for the rant but Dean portrayals himself as a man of the fans. These our are local rivals (forget the blue few off the M32) , how many tackles did we make? How many fouls did we make ? Man of the people tag is becoming a bit boring now, still waiting for the front foot attacking football !! 

No need to apologise - your sentiments echo mine 100%

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Honest, forthright, front foot football - he’s a joke just like his mate before him and the clowns who employ him. 

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

No need to apologise - your sentiments echo mine 100%

I’m so ****** off tonight - that was a team GOOD enough to compete. Why are we unable to defend balls into our box with Mawson & Kalas plus two coaches of the national set up time and time again 

13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Don’t worry about the happy clappers. They will blindly follow anything that’s served up to them. I believe you’re in the majority and I enjoy the debate/rants.... keep it up. 

42 minutes ago, daored said:

I’m so ****** off tonight - that was a team GOOD enough to compete. Why are we unable to defend balls into our box with Mawson & Kalas plus two coaches of the national set up time and time again 

Yep, just about every game, the co commentator, Reg, Tinnion or Weimann, say "We've got to stop crosses coming into our box".

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yep, just about every game, the co commentator, Reg, Tinnion or Weimann, say "We've got to stop crosses coming into our box".

Exactly , us uneducated can see it but our head coach and ex national coaches can’t. However, the players have to also take responsibility 

Listening now but nothing will change under the current set up. Until the Landowns clear out the top level management and yes thats Mark Ashton and put the right people in the right jobs including the head coach we will not move forward.

4 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Don’t worry about the happy clappers. They will blindly follow anything that’s served up to them. I believe you’re in the majority and I enjoy the debate/rants.... keep it up. 

And there we are, the "happy clappers" tag! I don't believe that any of us are happy at the moment but to dismiss a large group of supporters who don't necessarily agree with your views is a) disrepectful and b) incredibly arrogant that you are right so others must be wrong!

21 minutes ago, Midred said:

And there we are, the "happy clappers" tag! I don't believe that any of us are happy at the moment but to dismiss a large group of supporters who don't necessarily agree with your views is a) disrepectful and b) incredibly arrogant that you are right so others must be wrong!

I think you’ve missed my point a little. The OP said he felt he has to try to be positive on the podcast as “happy clappers” criticise. I just don’t think those who feel very negatively about the club at the moment should have to reign themselves in to please those who feel things are rosier... they’re equally entitled to their view. Blatantly I’m in the annoyed not happy camp. It’s been quite divided for a number of years - but everyone wants the best for the club, of that I’m sure. 
Didn’t really appreciate the term could be seen as disrespectful and I was following on from what was said before. Apologies if it came across that way. We’re all in it together!! 

5 hours ago, daored said:

Really? No recognised left back, no wide players, two midfielders lacking match fitness and making club debuts, an unbalanced midfield, and minimal options on the bench. Just look at the thread suggesting formations for today, just Titanic deckchair shuffling. We have a horrible injury crisis, no options in key areas, a lot of young players, two games a week, and lacking confidence. 

6 hours ago, daored said:

I'm with you brother... I need to take time away from them... They're making quite a shit time for all of us (lockdown etc) a bit shitter

8 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Really? No recognised left back, no wide players, two midfielders lacking match fitness and making club debuts, an unbalanced midfield, and minimal options on the bench. Just look at the thread suggesting formations for today, just Titanic deckchair shuffling. We have a horrible injury crisis, no options in key areas, a lot of young players, two games a week, and lacking confidence. 

A lot of young players in our starting 11, I think we had two. Semenyo & Massengo. 
I accept the left back position, but we’re constantly being targeted down our left , and we will continue to be. Maybe we have to play a youngster there who is left footbed to give us the balance. But we’ve been weak defending set pieces & crosses into the box for a while, even with a left footbed player on the left. However we still have Mawson & Kalas and SHOULD be defending these balls in better. 
Unbalanced midfield? - again disagree Williams & Lansbury are two players who’ve played at this level (admittedly the first time they’ve played together), massengo has promise but I don’t think that’s a weak midfield. If everyone is available who do you play instead of those three?
Whilst i disagree with your points , it was a performance that lacked passion, desire & fight that is inexcusable and worryingly is happening too frequent for my liking 

This is a recording of last night's live Podcast:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/11-empty-shirts/

Thanks to Ian, Mark & Liam and all who listened live and contributed on the message board for what was our record audience since we started last June.

We pull no punches in our criticism of the play and off the field apparent blinkered view on how most of us our feeling - as the previous poster put, it is bad enough being in lockdown but City aren't exactly filling us with joy at the moment!!!

14 hours ago, headhunter said:

The saddest thing is Lansdown would probably let Dean take us down than sack him just to stick it up the fans noses

43 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

The saddest thing is Lansdown would probably let Dean take us down than sack him just to stick it up the fans noses

He did remind us, I think around March 2017 when LJ was under pressure [1-2-11 in league running up to Burton game when Tomlin blazed his penalty over the bar], that he puts the most money in so he'll decide on the changes so that was a 2 fingers to the fans. Thing is in relative terms to a Billionaire the average fan probably puts as much in as a % of their income / wealth.

2 hours ago, daored said:

A lot of young players in our starting 11, I think we had two. Semenyo & Massengo. 
I accept the left back position, but we’re constantly being targeted down our left , and we will continue to be. Maybe we have to play a youngster there who is left footbed to give us the balance. But we’ve been weak defending set pieces & crosses into the box for a while, even with a left footbed player on the left. However we still have Mawson & Kalas and SHOULD be defending these balls in better. 
Unbalanced midfield? - again disagree Williams & Lansbury are two players who’ve played at this level (admittedly the first time they’ve played together), massengo has promise but I don’t think that’s a weak midfield. If everyone is available who do you play instead of those three?
Whilst i disagree with your points , it was a performance that lacked passion, desire & fight that is inexcusable and worryingly is happening too frequent for my liking 

Some fair points, but key with both Williams and Lansbury is that neither looked match fit, as you’d expect. 

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

He did remind us, I think around March 2017 when LJ was under pressure [1-2-11 in league running up to Burton game when Tomlin blazed his penalty over the bar], that he puts the most money in so he'll decide on the changes so that was a 2 fingers to the fans. Thing is in relative terms to a Billionaire the average fan probably puts as much in as a % of their income / wealth.

He lost a lot of respect from me on that day.

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

This is a recording of last night's live Podcast:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/11-empty-shirts/

Thanks to Ian, Mark & Liam and all who listened live and contributed on the message board for what was our record audience since we started last June.

We pull no punches in our criticism of the play and off the field apparent blinkered view on how most of us our feeling - as the previous poster put, it is bad enough being in lockdown but City aren't exactly filling us with joy at the moment!!!

Fevs dropped = record audience.

The message is clear.

Will take a listen later.

KUTGW.

Archived