IGNORED

Lies Lies and Damn Lies

Cidre Monita

Cardiff again... the Lies the club peddle. I wonder if they really believe what they are saying and if they think people are stupid enough to believe them.

The Owner talking

"It's the usual scene, although I haven't been in it for a while, we've got a lot of good applicants," Lansdown told talkSPORT.

"John Lansdown and Mark Ashton are sifting through those at the moment and drawing up a shortlist.

"We have a particular type of person we want to come in, there's been a lot of good work here by Lee, we don't want to lose that, someone has to come in and build on that.

"The aim is to get us into the Premier League as soon as we can."

"I'm very sad, as much as he is an employee of myself, I've known him a long, long time as a player here and the last four and a half years as a manager," he explained, on the decision to part company with Johnson.

"We worked very closely together, we spent a lot of time together and it's difficult when these situations arise. We're in a situation where Lee has done an awful lot of good work at the club in developing the pathway from the academy and fine-tuning our recruitment process.

"When it comes to the crunch, he hasn't got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

"We discussed it before, we felt if we beat Cardiff we would have still had a chance at making that sixth place in the play-offs but we lost and that put us out of contention.

"We felt if we were going to make a change we should start now, bring a breath of fresh air into the club, everyone was on a downer at the point and anybody coming in gets plenty of time for the new season."

51 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Cardiff again... the Lies the club peddle. I wonder if they really believe what they are saying and if they think people are stupid enough to believe them.

The Owner talking

"It's the usual scene, although I haven't been in it for a while, we've got a lot of good applicants," Lansdown told talkSPORT.

"John Lansdown and Mark Ashton are sifting through those at the moment and drawing up a shortlist.

"We have a particular type of person we want to come in, there's been a lot of good work here by Lee, we don't want to lose that, someone has to come in and build on that.

"The aim is to get us into the Premier League as soon as we can."

"I'm very sad, as much as he is an employee of myself, I've known him a long, long time as a player here and the last four and a half years as a manager," he explained, on the decision to part company with Johnson.

"We worked very closely together, we spent a lot of time together and it's difficult when these situations arise. We're in a situation where Lee has done an awful lot of good work at the club in developing the pathway from the academy and fine-tuning our recruitment process.

"When it comes to the crunch, he hasn't got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

"We discussed it before, we felt if we beat Cardiff we would have still had a chance at making that sixth place in the play-offs but we lost and that put us out of contention.

"We felt if we were going to make a change we should start now, bring a breath of fresh air into the club, everyone was on a downer at the point and anybody coming in gets plenty of time for the new season."

It doesn’t matter who is appointed in any managerial job - it’s always a lottery. No one knows if they’ll be a success or a failure.There are no guarantees.

If there was a foolproof method of appointing the right manager every club would use it. Fact is - there ain’t one.

Again, the question has to be asked, would SL put a complete novice in charge of his financial business? It really does beggar belief that he entrusts his football club with someone who's never managed. 

It has to be a covid based decision and Holden is only here short term. 

With the quality of manager available at the moment ie Howe, Bilic, Lampard I really think he should change things now and give a new bloke the rest of the season to evaluate the squad.. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Let’s be clear Dean Holden was not “a breath of fresh air”. He was the continuity “Yes Man” candidate. And on that basis, no one should be surprised if we have seen a very similar situation to what we had with LJ. It’s that simple.

The ‘continuity’ thing is just another lump of bull*** (Aimed at the Club not you)

1 What became apparent firstly is that DH clearly had different views and ideas to Johnson,  and certainly to McCallister (First for the guilotine)

2 Johnson never had a plan so not quite sure how you can invoke continuity for something that doesn’t exist

3 He’s also made it pretty clear  that he’s not overly keen on some of Johnson’s signings 

Not much continuity about , as far as I can see

Just Bull***t

33 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Again, the question has to be asked, would SL put a complete novice in charge of his financial business? It really does beggar belief that he entrusts his football club with someone who's never managed. 

With the quality of manager available at the moment ie Howe, Bilic, Lampard I really think he should change things now and give a new bloke the rest of the season to evaluate the squad.. 

Yes do like the idea of any of those three being given a go at the gate. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It doesn’t matter who is appointed in any managerial job - it’s always a lottery. No one knows if they’ll be a success or a failure.There are no guarantees.

If there was a foolproof method of appointing the right manager every club would use it. Fact is - there ain’t one.

Sounds like you're saying it's a lottery, when in reality it's no such thing.

Surely you aim to get the best person for the job by checking their credentials, their experience, their past successes. In so doing you can gauge one candidate against another. There are exceptions, when a person has been at the top of that type of business and has exceptional links to the top businesses, drawing on those contacts to help.

So an experienced manager in a different employment who was successful and proven to be able to cope with the business level that you have, should get the job, over an inexperienced,  previously unsuccessful person who just happens to have not managed and, certainly not at the level of your business. That is, unless you are willing to follow past failures, by employing the inexperienced candidate and, are willing to take a gamble. In most cases of business, the shareholders would be up in arms and selling their shares. In this business the shareholder doesn't seem to mind going down past routes, as they feel comfortable with that tried and tested formula for success.

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

Yer! Did we have covid when he appointed, Millen, Tinnion, M'cinnes, O'Driscoll, Johnson?

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

The ‘continuity’ thing is just another lump of bull*** (Aimed at the Club not you)

1 What became apparent firstly is that DH clearly had different views and ideas to Johnson,  and certainly to McCallister (First for the guilotine)

2 Johnson never had a plan so not quite sure how you can invoke continuity for something that doesn’t exist

3 He’s also made it pretty clear  that he’s not overly keen on some of Johnson’s signings 

Not much continuity about , as far as I can see

Just Bull***t

I know what are you saying in that DH may not have always agreed with LJ, but it’s hardly a complete reset if the assistant becomes the boss.

And at the moment it really doesn’t seem to be working.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Sounds like you're saying it's a lottery, when in reality it's no such thing.

Surely you aim to get the best person for the job by checking their credentials, their experience, their past successes. In so doing you can gauge one candidate against another. There are exceptions, when a person has been at the top of that type of business and has exceptional links to the top businesses, drawing on those contacts to help.

So an experienced manager in a different employment who was successful and proven to be able to cope with the business level that you have, should get the job, over an inexperienced,  previously unsuccessful person who just happens to have not managed and, certainly not at the level of your business. That is, unless you are willing to follow past failures, by employing the inexperienced candidate and, are willing to take a gamble. In most cases of business, the shareholders would be up in arms and selling their shares. In this business the shareholder doesn't seem to mind going down past routes, as they feel comfortable with that tried and tested formula for success.

Regardless of a managers CV there is still no guarantee  that they’ll be successful and in that regard it’s a lottery. Even eminent managers like Van Haal and Mourinho fail somewhere. Pep is probably the only exception to that.

As I posted above - there is no foolproof method of appointing a manager.

The quotes you have picked out in bold in the original post really do highlight the fact that this recruitment process simply didn't go to plan. We didn't get our man because they didn't want to work in our setup (whatever that even means at this point) and we ran out of options.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Regardless of a managers CV there is still no guarantee  that they’ll be successful and in that regard it’s a lottery. Even eminent managers like Van Haal and Mourinho fail somewhere. Pep is probably the only exception to that.

Of course managers fail, fail to win silverware, as in reality so few can. Are you saying that only winning silverware is classed as a success? I'm sure we'd all fancy a bit of the failure Chris Wilder has made of his managerial term at SUFC. They can still be successful, it just depends on how you gauge success. Would a novice have succeeded where Mourinho failed, Would Klopp and Pep been successful at the highest level, had they been novices? I think you know the answer.

I will agree that there is no foolproof way of appointing a manager but, there is a way you can improve your chances of making that appointment succeed. That's by employing the best you can, by not gambling on an outsider.

7 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

The quotes you have picked out in bold in the original post really do highlight the fact that this recruitment process simply didn't go to plan. We didn't get our man because they didn't want to work in our setup (whatever that even means at this point) and we ran out of options.

So we need to change our set up and quick. Relegation is coming closer each week.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

I will agree that there is no foolproof way of appointing a manager but, there is a way you can improve your chances of making that appointment succeed. That's by employing the best you can, by not gambling on an outsider/insider

Thats what MA and Junior claimed they’d done and why it took so damn long to appoint anyone - ‘due diligence’ in other words.

Its early days in Deano’s reign so no need to panic just yet.................:cool2:

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not necessarily,a proven successful manager will at best do what he was appointed to do and at worst still being doing a better job than the current plum in charge

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thats what MA and Junior claimed they’d done and why it took so damn long to appoint anyone - ‘due diligence’ in other words.

Its early days in Deano’s reign so no need to panic just yet.................:cool2:

Why did you alter my post, when adding "insider" to it? By outsider, I referred to someone with not much chance, as in horse racing.

Do you honestly think it was down to due diligence that an appointment took so long? You don't think it was down to the situation where it would seem nobody else wanted to work within the framework on offer. That's why we ended up with an "insider" and a gamble on an "outsider".

I'm not panicking by any means. I hope Holden is a success, doubt it though, as I don't feel he has the tools to mould a team out of a squad obtained for him.

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Agreed, but some clubs seem much much better than we are at choosing managers. Southampton and Swansea being two examples for starters. 

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Why did you alter my post, when adding "insider" to it? By outsider, I referred to someone with not much chance, as in horse racing.

Do you honestly think it was down to due diligence that an appointment took so long? You don't think it was down to the situation where it would seem nobody else wanted to work within the framework on offer. That's why we ended up with an "insider" and a gamble on an "outsider

I put that very point on here and got slated ( not that that is unusual ) for it. I absolutely think that there’s definitely mileage in that claim.

Btw - I never changed but added a word to your post ‘insider’ because that’s what Deano was......

No, but let's be honest....anyone with half a brain in their head knew Holden wasn't the right man for the job 

Don't give me all this shit about "we just didn't know". We did know....he hadn't done anything for last three years....so why anyone thought he would do anything now absolutely baffles me 

Holden out 

Ashton out 

Lansdown Junior out

All three of them not fit for purpose and are stealing a living from this club 

The third name on that list has to show his face eventually. Non existent this season and allowing Mr Ashton to take all the flak 

Spineless. Like the team on the pitch 

?

Archived