IGNORED

Sunderland fans loving POMO’s and USP’s

NickJ

31 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Whatever anyone’s thoughts on LJ, for Sunderland to sack him when sitting 3rd was mental in the extreme, such a gamble as you never know how players will react, the last 2 games were wins for the taking, but it looks as though the players arnt too happy, I bet the fans arnt now either!

Well that'll learn those moaners who feel their club's too big to lose in League one. Hopefully they drop like a stone now. They'll soon miss the hot air, buzz phrases and jargon of a LJ tenureship.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Loving seeing the Sunderland fans go mad. Maybe they shouldn’t have driven out a manager who was doing well for them. Now they are begging Roy Keane to join!  

Ipswich are coming for them! ???

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Whatever anyone’s thoughts on LJ, for Sunderland to sack him when sitting 3rd was mental in the extreme, such a gamble as you never know how players will react, the last 2 games were wins for the taking, but it looks as though the players arnt too happy, I bet the fans arnt now either!

Absolutely.  They could drop out of the top 6 if others win their games in hand.  They panicked that Rotherham were streaking clear and so would Wigan with 4 games in hand at that point.  Wigan just got 2 points from 3 games.

I do wonder if there were things in the background, saw one story that LJ didn’t want Defoe.  No idea if true.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ipswich are coming for them! ???

Absolutely.  They could drop out of the top 6 if others win their games in hand.  They panicked that Rotherham were streaking clear and so would Wigan with 4 games in hand at that point.  Wigan just got 2 points from 3 games.

I do wonder if there were things in the background, saw one story that LJ didn’t want Defoe.  No idea if true.

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Let's just say, I don't think LJ was sacked solely due to results. 

Correct. 
I’m sure you’ve heard something from your end mate, but I’ve also heard that it’s not just the Defoe situation and that there is talk of maybe it’s not even Dreyfus himself who in fully in charge of everything up there (someone else pulling the strings above Dreyfus?) 
The Defoe signing certainly wasn’t an idea that LJ had, nor the Recruitment Head, Stuart Harvey, that he’d recently brought in from Blackburn. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Correct. 
I’m sure you’ve heard something from your end mate, but I’ve also heard that it’s not just the Defoe situation and that there is talk of maybe it’s not even Dreyfus himself who in fully in charge of everything up there (someone else pulling the strings above Dreyfus?) 
The Defoe signing certainly wasn’t an idea that LJ had, nor the Recruitment Head, Stuart Harvey, that he’d recently brought in from Blackburn. 

I have no knowledge whatsoever of any 'behind the scenes' action at Sunderland, but Dreyfus, an extremely wealthy young man, as I am sure you are aware, is Chairman and majority shareholder. 

Who, or what group, might be acting above Dreyfus?

24 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have no knowledge whatsoever of any 'behind the scenes' action at Sunderland, but Dreyfus, an extremely wealthy young man, as I am sure you are aware, is Chairman and majority shareholder. 

Who, or what group, might be acting above Dreyfus?

I’d heard of rumours of another party being involved and that Dreyfus was perhaps not the only major shareholder. 
Totally unconfirmed, so just rumour 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d heard of rumours of another party being involved and that Dreyfus was perhaps not the only major shareholder. 
Totally unconfirmed, so just rumour 

The Defoe and Keane stuff reminds me of the slightly vapid marquee signings Lansdown has made in the past.

Perhaps it’s a similar sort of thing there.

• Like 4

To have a shortlist with Alex Neil and Grant McCann on it, both with a L1 promotion to their name and Alex Neil much more besides, but decide that your no.1 candidate is instead someone who hasn't been a manager for 10 years, tells you everything you need to know about the basketcase that is Sunderland AFC.

Letting your heart rule your head only ends in tears. Just ask Steve Lansdown. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

To have a shortlist with Alex Neil and Grant McCann on it, both with a L1 promotion to their name and Alex Neil much more besides, but decide that your no.1 candidate is instead someone who hasn't been a manager for 10 years, tells you everything you need to know about the basketcase that is Sunderland AFC.

Letting your heart rule your head only ends in tears. Just ask Steve Lansdown. 

Insane that anyone would consider Keane over Neil, they have struck lucky here.

Neil actually has a promotion to the Prem on his CV as well & if Nige had decided to step down I’d have been happy with him.

Overachieves with his resources.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Insane that anyone would consider Keane over Neil, they have struck lucky here.

Neil actually has a promotion to the Prem on his CV as well & if Nige had decided to step down I’d have been happy with him.

Overachieves with his resources.

Yes got the right man - but more by luck than judgement. Doesn't say much for their judgement does it?

In which case, we can expect the soap opera that is Sunderland to keep on c0cking up for a while longer yet. Shame as they are by far and away the most acceptable team from that neck of the woods imo. Why aye. 

I'd have a wager Neil will get them up though. After that.... 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

37 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes got the right man - but more by luck than judgement. Doesn't say much for their judgement does it?

In which case, we can expect the soap opera that is Sunderland to keep on c0cking up for a while longer yet. Shame as they are by far and away the most acceptable team from that neck of the woods imo. Why aye. 

I'd have a wager Neil will get them up though. After that.... 

Can’t be arsed with any of that “Sunderland until I die” Netflix nonsense but saw the footage last season of when their fans were abusing Charlie Wyke (a 30 goal striker) & LJ after a home game.

Obviously there are far more of them, but they were gas level in their stupidity..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t be arsed with any of that “Sunderland until I die” Netflix nonsense but saw the footage last season of when their fans were abusing Charlie Wyke (a 30 goal striker) & LJ after a home game.

Obviously there are far more of them, but they were gas level in their stupidity..

Not watched any of that netflix stuff. But their fanzine was one of my favourites, back in the day. And Jonathan Wilson of course. So not all bad. And little of the delusional entitlement found on the other side of the Tyne. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not watched any of that netflix stuff. But their fanzine was one of my favourites, back in the day. And Jonathan Wilson of course. So not all bad. And little of the delusional entitlement found on the other side of the Tyne. 

Me neither, Ozark or Money Heist definitely but life is far too short to spend watching stuff about other football fans…

Jonathan Wilson is great, but still somewhat of a rum cove (Norman Bates?) but you’re right, Sunderland are a very big club but don’t get the “best fans in the world” bollocks that Sky always spouts about their Tyneside neighbours.

For some reason in my mind Alex Neil seems like he should be a lot older than he is - but he's actually the same age as Lee.

I think he's a really good manager though. Will be interesting to see what he can do with a bit of money at Sunderland, compared to Preston. Shame really as I quite like him, but don't particularly want Sunderland to do well...

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You are missing out, it’s an interesting football documentary

17 hours ago, IAmNick said:

For some reason in my mind Alex Neil seems like he should be a lot older than he is - but he's actually the same age as Lee.

I think he's a really good manager though. Will be interesting to see what he can do with a bit of money at Sunderland, compared to Preston. Shame really as I quite like him, but don't particularly want Sunderland to do well...

His record certainly stands up but if his Preston side are anything to go by he'll soon have them diving, time wasting, faking injuries and whinging to referees.

Good manager but hard to like for me. Mind you some might say the same about Nigel I suppose.

8 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Got the right man for the job there I think.

Football will be dull and functional but he does get more out of a group than the individuals.

Struggles with signings though.

To be fair at Preston he was selling players for good money and being told to replace them on 10% - 20% what he was selling the player for 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1