IGNORED

CoD and AW

Robbored

Haven’t heard heir names getting mentioned in terms of recovery from injuries. I appreciate that AW did his MCL but as for CoD,  I have no idea what his injury is.

Anyone any idea of how much longer they’re likely to be out for? As normal - no injury news on the OS.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Haven’t heard heir names getting mentioned in terms of recovery from injuries. I appreciate that AW did his MCL but as for CoD,  I have no idea what his injury is.

Anyone any idea of how much longer they’re likely to be out for? As normal - no injury news on thecOs.

I wouldn't like to speculate. I'd only believe the recovery times when they're on the OS.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wonder if Weimann will be let go end if contract 

If he can get back to pre injury fitness , he's definitely worth some sort of deal. I think the hesitation is a way of not offering as big deals as they may have had too. Maybe thinking there would be a lot of players floating around without clubs?

I'm waiting for COD to be rushed back and then be out until the end of the season. Baker and COD could add missing balance to the squad, hope it's soon.

25 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

COD’s the man for this sort of scrap.... NOT!!!! 

Thing is, since COD* has been out, and indeed AW, Baker etc, we have hardly been ripping up trees. 

So whilst he might not be your favourite, he can't be any worse than what we are seeing at the moment.

*COD - isn't that one of those Space Invader games?

I presume robbored doesn't listen to RobinsTV commentary for games then as COD himself said when he was on there (Derby game a couple of weeks ago) that he was hoping it would be a few weeks before he was back in some capacity (probably light training)

7 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

If a player like COD is viewed as part of the solution I don’t know what the question is anymore!!

What CoD can bring is his ability to tear any Championship full back a new asshole - unfortunately he rarely uses that skill and I wonder what his game instructions have been ............:cool2:

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Wonder if Weimann will be let go end if contract 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

If he can get back to pre injury fitness , he's definitely worth some sort of deal. I think the hesitation is a way of not offering as big deals as they may have had too. Maybe thinking there would be a lot of players floating around without clubs?

I'm waiting for COD to be rushed back and then be out until the end of the season. Baker and COD could add missing balance to the squad, hope it's soon.

I guess a big discussion point will be his year option.  If it’s an extension of current terms (tends to be minimum) then it may be time to think differently....either re-negotiating different set of terms of letting go.  I really rate Weimann too, but if he’s on £15-20k per week, you’ve got to question that post-ACL.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Anyone any idea of how much longer they’re likely to be out for? As normal - no injury news on the OS.

If there's nothing on the OS, I would assume that they are not injured then!

?

If anyone can't give DH some slack for these injuries (like CoD) they watch less even games than their posts suggest. 

He was described by Tinns, Gilmartin and most regulars as being one of the most influencial, creative players at the time he got injured. We all know what JD gives us going forward and suspect Sessegnon could be useful too. 

With Martin out, Williams and Walsh virtually unplayed and Big Rock Baker out, you'd have to be heartless to critics the management on this season so far. I know it means less emotional whinges on this forum but the vast majority of City fans appreciate the reality of this unprecedented injury-prone season. 

Just gotta stay up and go again in August 

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

If anyone can't give DH some slack for these injuries (like CoD) they watch less even games than their posts suggest.

eh?

why are you making baseless accusations?  Why can’t you accept there are an ever growing group of posters, many with very good understanding of football (that matters not), that don’t see it as wonderful as you do.  Ever thought you might be the one in the parade who’s walking out of step, not everyone else?

I watch every game as I suspect other posters with a critique to post, I think he’s been given slack by everyone, but his team’s performances have gone beyond any slack he’s been allowed.  Aside from Towler yesterday, was there any player selected not considered Championship-capable?  So where did that inept performance come from?  Players at fault, absolutely, but it’s up the head-coach to prepare and motivate them.  

He was described by Tinns, Gilmartin and most regulars as being one of the most influencial, creative players at the time he got injured. We all know what JD gives us going forward and suspect Sessegnon could be useful too. 

With Martin out, Williams and Walsh virtually unplayed and Big Rock Baker out, you'd have to be heartless to critics the management on this season so far. I know it means less emotional whinges on this forum but the vast majority of City fans appreciate the reality of this unprecedented injury-prone season.

When I see a team selected from those available, I gauge my expectations on it.  There have been far too many performances in the last 3 months that have fallen well beneath the levels expected from the eleven (and subs) selected.  I think the vast majority of fans understand the injury situation, but that is not an excuse.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Unless a miracle happens, we are going down. So let's do it this season and get it over and done with.

Rebuild then starts one year earlier.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Just said the same thing on a different thread. Injuries are not an excuse. Except for Towler who was shafted by management we are not relying on youngsters.

Not entirely an excuse, but partially they are, no doubt about it. Injury crisis doesn't mean relying on youngsters: it means playing more reserves than first-choice players, having to use players out of position and sometimes be forced change tactics, having to use some players almost every game (and at some point their form drops, like it happened in 2017-18), having more difficulties in the transfer market (difficult to pay more wages, but also to attract players and push them to sign for a team that simply can't stop injuries), searching for free agents, etc. If we were talking about a normal amount of injuries...

Saying that the quality of football and stats should be better despite injuries or that some players are underperforming is one thing (I agree with both), BUT wanting the same performance levels from Moore/Vyner and Baker, Bakinson and Williams, Semenyo and Weimann, Brunt and Paterson, or continuity from the undroppable Hunt and Rowe (no Sessegnon, no Dasilva, no O'Dowda to give them some rest in a compressed season) is another - less realistic - thing. Add to the list other players who had/still have injuries (Kalas,Mawson, Walsh,Adelakun,Pring,Martin,Watkins) and here is the nightmare.

I'd be happy to bring in a better manager if he could transform the team, but I don't think it would be easy for him to improve things. 

Archived