IGNORED

SL on radio bristol

Curr Avon

22 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Imagine being desperate for that Lotto win, but not even bothering to buy a ticket.

14 minutes ago, Superjack said:

This is me to be fair.

Also to be fair, I don't ever promise anyone that I am trying to win the ****ing lottery. ?

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

It's a very "business" approach isn't it, making sure you have the right man in the right meeting with the right people

Well put ?

Cos that's what more than 20,000 people part with their hard earned for isn't it, Lansdown? 

We don't want to watch an entertaining team of a Saturday, we want "the right man, in the right meeting, with the right people" .

What an absolute pile of utter horse shit Lansdown comes out with sometimes. 

26 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Wait, genuine question... is this real?

19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes Nick - a whole ‘ Comic Sans ‘ range 

- Last season or one before 

The Man Utd season IIRC. Training top.

15 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Christ, must have blanked that from my memory...

There were a few of those beauties I think, couple of different colours.

How could you not remember something as beautiful as that :ermm::whistle::laughcont:

16 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Getd unfair stick ??

Getd unfair stick ??

Getd unfair stick ??

Getd unfair stick ??

Getd unfair stick ??

Getd unfair stick ??

15 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Getd unfair stick ??

Getd unfair stick ??

Getd unfair stick ??

I had a Rod Stewart record once that got stuck  like that..............

Wake up Maggie,

Wake up Maggie,

Wake up Maggie,

Wake up Maggie,

Wake up Maggie,

Wake up Maggie,

Wake up Maggie,

Maggie, will you wake the **** up?

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

Therein lies the problem:

For Hughton, Knockeart and Murray read Cotts, Gayle, Maguire. 

we prefer a strange false economy of brining in loads of mediocrity 

Not really. 

Knockaert not playing at F'lum nor likely to, at Brighton with Hughton. Murray, 37, not playing at Watford, nor likely to, at Brighton with Hughton.

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Honestly can’t see us winning any more games this season in fact based on our performances and stats we may not even score again this season. 

Winning??  We'll be lucky to have a shot on target before the end of the season!

16 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Not really. 

Knockaert not playing at F'lum nor likely to, at Brighton with Hughton. Murray, 37, not playing at Watford, nor likely to, at Brighton with Hughton.

I just meant spending money to back the manager with players he knows will do a job. 
the post is responded too said he demanded those players.... he was backed in a way he wouldn’t have been here.  

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Good to see that this post has had the most ‘likes’ in the thread.  I’m reassured that there are still some loyal City fans around who don’t spend all their time posting ‘witty’ and desperately repetitive one-liners about anyone who works at Ashton Gate.

Are you this boring at home mate? I hope not for your wife’s sake!!

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Imagine the scenes on here if Sl’s interview today was on the telly and he was wearing a "Bristol Bears - Top of the League" shirt. :shocking:

I heard that Lansdown was dressed in a full bear costume during the interview. Apparently he walks around growling, pretending to be a bear. He’s obsessed.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I heard that Lansdown was dressed in a full bear costume during the interview. Apparently he walks around growling, pretending to be a bear. He’s obsessed.

la-1541030622-k1kbw1dk8v-snap-image

4 hours ago, stevep38 said:

Could Ashton be keeping information from Lansdown senior and junior,  conspiracy theory i know but why else can't S L see what a smarmy  snake Ashton is.

He clearly can but sometimes people deliberately put utter ****s in charge on their behalf as they judge they are more trustworthy because they don't have consciences.  

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

For me, this is the most troubling statement because it highlights the problem. 

Nobody expects a club our size to sign Pep Guardiola or anyone at that level of football management. What it shows though is Steve recognises that we need the best manager we can get at our level. 

You will never convince me that the right man for the job at the time was Dean Holden. That it no way fits with the above statement. Managers who had achieved real success at Championship level, who were interested in the job and wanted to have it, were available. 

How come he didn’t appoint the best manger at our level back in august then if they were available go get ? (e.g hughton) or do you think he appointed Holden on purpose for COVID reasons ? 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

What he means is my position.

As in, "I admit I don't have a clue about football so I've employed someone who assures me he does".

As in, "I used to have a Chief Exec* who let Cotterill and Burt set up deals for Gray, Maguire, Gayle until I heard how much it would cost, refused to fund the deals, got shot of the Chief Exec, ruined my relationship with our most successful manager in years and employed a puppet CEO to make sure no-one but me decided how to spend my money - me, the bloke who has already confessed to knowing jack shit about football"     

* Wish I could remember the name of the CEO before Ashton - left un expectedly without any real explanation, obviously connected to the fact that, on his watch, Cotterill and Burt had pressed ahead with setting up deals for players Lansdown didn' want to pay for 

Was it Andrew Billingham?

Lansdowns rattled.

City being in League One removes a lot of potential buyer interest.

Being in the Championship leaves the door to the Prem open for new owners.

It's all about the possibility of relegation.

If we had 5 more points on the board, and relegation was all but impossible - SL would not have come on air.

5 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Lansdowns rattled.

If we had 5 more points on the board, and relegation was all but impossible - SL would not have come on air.

I get the impression he would walk away. Who would buy a football club right now? And how can you sell Bristol City when it’s so entwined in Bristol Sport?? 

13 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Lansdowns rattled.

I’d Actually disagree Rabbit

I don’t think he was thinking of the Club value tonight - I got the feel his pride has been badly dented

I think that may be a good thing / news for us fans 

5 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Mentioning 'hindsight is a wonderful thing'  is his way of indirectly admitting they may have made mistake back then. 

You never really use this word unless you are talking about something you could have done better.

A lift  out of the Boris Johnson phrasebook.

Make a clanging big error - which many people tell you is a clanging big error at the time - then months later when the chickens have come home to roost because of your error, blithely say "hindsight is a wonderful thing" when anyone criticises you for it.

It isn't hindsight you need be concerned, Lansdown, it's foresight: having the foresight to see that an inexperienced coach, wedded to the style of a bloke who you just sacked for his boring and inconsistent style of football, was not going to achieve your supposed play-off ambitions.

The foresight to see that the presence of a former West Brom youth team goalie on a vast salary for an, at best, extremely hit-and-miss recruitment strategy, is going to stop the club from ever recruiting any manager worth his salt.

In the shares business you were a sharp operator. What happened?! WAKE UP!!!

Archived