IGNORED

Jealous of Watford?

Hampshire Red

It seems their front six are so much better than anyone else: even Brentford and Norwich?

It raises again the moral and sporting question of parachute payments that potentially stop clubs going to the Premier who haven't been before. 

Either way, no surprise they have played crap most of the season (according to their forum and also their real fans) yet a good, short run and they now look like worldies. Mind you Brentford did a week ago such is the short term nature of our 'plastic' football this season

Best wishes to Deano and of course, to our team tomorrow v Barnsley 

CoYRs

Don’t worry we’re creating a mini Watford here. We’ve got former Watford CEO Ashton who appears to be universally hated by Watford fans (bit of a theme), Richard Lee (former Watford goalkeeper, current agent, and involved with us for 18 months or so in some capacity), Gilmartin (former Watford goalkeeper and outstanding human introduced to Ashton as a potential coach (I wonder who could have introduced him!), Andy Rolls (Watford’s former head of medicine who is doing outstanding work here), and Mariappa. 

Bit of a puzzling post but...

1) Watford, and Bournemouth for that matter had squads that shouldn't have dropped last season IMO. Not bottom 3 standard anyway.

2) Wages tend to fall on relegation, bulk of clubs have such clauses built in.

3) Parachute Payments I'm split on but a combination of these, wage cuts and Player Sale Profits give clubs if they want it, huge scope. PL also has up to £44m higher in FFP loss limits ie £35m to £13m. PL, Championship respectively.

4) A significant way to dampen this down would be Parachute Payments as 0% Interest Loans (whether repaid or not a different issue). Hits Balance Sheet, hits Cash Flow but not Profit and Loss. Would make a notable difference.

Newly relegated Clubs would have to cost cut more quickly.

5) Brentford went 21 unbeaten in the League and knocked 4 PL sides out of the Cup. Bit of a blip now probably.

Mr Pop, you seem to have grasped the post and got some good proposals for the thorny subject of finance between EPL and The Championship. 

I suppose I was also saying there should be a gap between a Premier 11 that was too good for Deeney and Andre Gray and City reserves - but perhaps not a 6 goal gap. 

13 hours ago, SuperRed said:

Don’t worry we’re creating a mini Watford here. We’ve got former Watford CEO Ashton who appears to be universally hated by Watford fans (bit of a theme), Richard Lee (former Watford goalkeeper, current agent, and involved with us for 18 months or so in some capacity), Gilmartin (former Watford goalkeeper and outstanding human introduced to Ashton as a potential coach (I wonder who could have introduced him!), Andy Rolls (Watford’s former head of medicine who is doing outstanding work here), and Mariappa. 

All we need now is a rock pianist as chairman/owner!

Oh, sorry we tried that one and it didn't work for us. But then we didn't have Barnes or Blisset.

Archived