IGNORED

Lansdown doing a “Nero”

Ziderarmy

After watching the interview yesterday which was good in some ways albeit it rather staged.

A few things such as really worry me such as -

The Ashton “long list”

The first and second interviews.

The buying into our way and not watching to destroy the last few years. 

Is Lansdown doing a Nero and letting Ashton Gate and our championship status burn whilst him, Jon Boy and the used car salesman fiddle and tinker...

To paraphrase: “Time is of the essence”.

In other words, SL pull your finger out and don’t dither around with MA and his ridiculous recruitment processes. The only requirement of the new appointment is the ability to keep us in this division at the end of this season. Nothing more, nothing less.

22 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

After watching the interview yesterday which was good in some ways albeit it rather staged.

A few things such as really worry me such as -

The Ashton “long list”

The first and second interviews.

The buying into our way and not watching to destroy the last few years. 

Is Lansdown doing a Nero and letting Ashton Gate and our championship status burn whilst him, Jon Boy and the used car salesman fiddle and tinker...

I think you have summed it up perfectly. As big a  worry is how he was stupid enough to have appointed Holden and the other two and believed they could push for the playoffs. If ever you wanted proof of an owner completely out of touch with reality then this was it.

And what is the Chairman currently up to?  Out of the country sat in a deckchair without a care in the world.  Still picking up his paycheque though.

Looks like Chris Hughton may have been right with his reported statement "Have a clearout and start again", though I'm not sure that he was thinking of including Mark Ashton in that clearout.

Lee Johnson could not manage Ashton's team, Dean Holden couldn't manage it and it looks like Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee can't do a lot with it either, so it does seem that the coaches are not the ones responsible for this mess.

Bottom line seems to be that Mark Ashton needs to be given his P45 before anything is going to change.

And before anyone blames COVID, well that affects every club, not just ours.

Archived