IGNORED

Le Tour 2021

Antman

12 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just seen it on the highlights. I hope that ***** with the banner is proud of himself. ********.

It was some German woman trying to say hello to her grandparents apparently, she wasn’t even watching the race. Absolute ****. 

Awesome final 2km from Alaphillipe, mind. 

The Tour organisers have said this morning that they intend to sue the stupid woman with the placard.

Be interesting to see how that goes and what she is actually sued for - the implications for `spectator interference` cases in all sports could be defined here. Imagine if a supporter ran on a football pitch and cleared a goal bound shot resulting in a club not getting promoted to the Premier League - could that person be sued for loss of (millions) in lost revenue?

What a ridiculous incident. Stupid woman. 

Looking forward to seeing the start today in Perros Guirec and riding through Lannion. A regular holiday destination of mine. Lovely area and wish I could’ve been there today. 

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm amazed it doesn't happen more often. I'm not a massive fan , but even I've noticed loads of times people step into the path of bikes to celebrate, absolute madness.

The difference is usually that they are looking at the bikes and are experienced enough to know when to get out of the way. This silly cow was facing the other way and just stepped into the road in front of them.

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The one thing that yesterday's crashes did do was whittle down the 4 'leaders' for Ineos Grenadiers to 2. If Geoghan-Hart was ever a contender for GC it's gone now and Porte is not likely to get over 2 minutes back, so the work is on for G and as a back up Carapaz. 

Not a great day for G though - forty seconds back now. Although, he is a rider that`s capable of a great day and getting all that back.

A poor 2 days of results for Ineos. Even though they have looked comfortable during the majority of the stages there has been a lack of power at the end. 

There is a long way to go and things can change but conceding time to Rogic and Pogacjar this early is not good. Carapaz is their best placed rider at present but I see him more as a Giro, or even Vuelta rider than a true TDF contender. I'd like to be proved wrong but unless G comes good I don't see Ineos winning this tour. 

On 27/06/2021 at 08:26, tin said:

It was some German woman trying to say hello to her grandparents apparently, she wasn’t even watching the race. Absolute ****. 

Awesome final 2km from Alaphillipe, mind. 

As far as I know they don't say Opi and Omi in other German-speaking countries so I think she must be German.

13 minutes ago, Rob k said:

How many times does GT crash ffs 

I should add I’ve not seen the crash but he just seems to be on the deck quite a bit!! 

He's well into double figures for crashes in the TDF, incredible for someone who has won the race and by definition therefore be a good bike handler. Ineos must be confident he can continue as they've sent 3 riders back to get him back to the peleton. Thoughts are he had a dislocated shoulder put back so he will be in awful pain tonight.

31 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

She may well be German, but the familiar term for grandparents in Germany is Oma and Opa.

I assumed that Opi and Omi were the diminuitive forms of Opa and Oma. I speak German reasonably well and things are usually made diminuitive by adding an i to the end - Bierli, Hundeli etc. It might also be a dialect thing. I know that it isn't used where I live, but they don't say Opa and Oma here either!

28 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I assumed that Opi and Omi were the diminuitive forms of Opa and Oma. I speak German reasonably well and things are usually made diminuitive by adding an i to the end - Bierli, Hundeli etc. It might also be a dialect thing. I know that it isn't used where I live, but they don't say Opa and Oma here either!

You may well be right, i.e. that it might be a dialect thing.

You are certainly correct that Christian names are often made diminutive with an 'i', but both my mother and father-in-law are called respecticively (by my children) Oma and Opa.

I shall make some enquiries.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You may well be right, i.e. that it might be a dialect thing.

You are certainly correct that Christian names are often made diminutive with an 'i', but both my mother and father-in-law are called respecticively (by my children) Oma and Opa.

I shall make some enquiries.

I'd never heard anyone use Opi and Omi either. For godparents people here use Gotti and Götti so I just assumed that it was the same kind of thing.

Archived