IGNORED

Sky games

Mattredrobin

Just wondering when sky announce there  games for the season ? Could we potentially be picked for the 1st game ? Brought my son a season ticket for last season, obviously covid put paid to that, so have brought him one for this season,being seperated from his mum i was keeping my fingers crossed i'd have him the weekends city play at home and thankfully the 1st game i have him but just thought it could be put back to the friday, sorry if i've missed this mentioned else where. ?

I'll be amazed if they pick our game for the first weekend.

They've got Bournemouth v West Brom, Fulham v Boro, or Derby v Huddersfield, all of which would pull far more viewers than City v Blackpool.

At this stage of the season they just go with ex-prem or the teams that give them big viewing figures like Derby or Forest.

I mean of course it's possible we get picked, but I'd be very surprised.

38 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

Hope not. Train ticket already purchased!

I think you should be OK, but after getting caught and costing ££££ I tend to wait until they announce their games. 

• Admin
14 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

Just wondering when sky announce there  games for the season ? Could we potentially be picked for the 1st game ? Brought my son a season ticket for last season, obviously covid put paid to that, so have brought him one for this season,being seperated from his mum i was keeping my fingers crossed i'd have him the weekends city play at home and thankfully the 1st game i have him but just thought it could be put back to the friday, sorry if i've missed this mentioned else where. ?

Assuming their contract with the EFL hasn't changed during the summer, SKY will give at least 5 weeks notice

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Would say Swansea or Cardiff best bet for first tv appearance 

Got my flights covered for QPR away. Have considered it's a Friday game if selected, so flying in Thursday. Will be stuffed if it is a Sunday gameas my flight is 9pm....unless a lunchtime kick off!

I've been to over 70 league grounds with City but never QPR's. Funnily enough, most of the unvisited (if that's a word) grounds are in the Premier League....as I didn't go to regular away matches until we reached the bottom of the 4th division. Coach 2 btw!

1 hour ago, Midred said:

City v Swansea moved to Friday 7.45 August 20th live on sky.

This is great news for me. We have a double 60th Birthday and staying in Malvern (I think). I had suggested going up late but it didn't go down too well with the Wife.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

Is that official or opinion? 

Are crowds allowed back as fully come on August?  

Opinion on basis that after July 19th majority of restrictions are ending 

I was talking earlier in the week saying there's been no indication anywhere about away support being allowed back this season 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Opinion on basis that after July 19th majority of restrictions are ending 

I was talking earlier in the week saying there's been no indication anywhere about away support being allowed back this season 

Ah ok fair enough, personally I am not convinced we will be going back to normal on the 19th and if we do I think it will be short lived. 

Surely as well if we do go back to normal this in turn means away fans will be allowed.  I can't understand how they could allow man city and Chelsea to fly to Portugal last month or nations flying around sporting the team's art the moment yet can't allow fans to travel from Bristol to Cardiff.  Of course this is all too do with £££ but it is an absolute joke how they make rules for one thing and not another. 

4 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Ah ok fair enough, personally I am not convinced we will be going back to normal on the 19th and if we do I think it will be short lived. 

Surely as well if we do go back to normal this in turn means away fans will be allowed.  I can't understand how they could allow man city and Chelsea to fly to Portugal last month or nations flying around sporting the team's art the moment yet can't allow fans to travel from Bristol to Cardiff.  Of course this is all too do with £££ but it is an absolute joke how they make rules for one thing and not another. 

Restrictions will be lifted on 19 July, but agree be interesting to see if reimposed later in the year (time will tell). If there are no restrictions then I can’t see how away fans will not be allowed to travel. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

TV coverage will all revert back to how it was pre covid 

It seems a long time ago and my memory is a bit hazy but didn't sky start the RB mid week games before covid? Maybe there were just a few selected games each week rather than every game. Can't recall the exact pre-covid situation.

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

It seems a long time ago and my memory is a bit hazy but didn't sky start the RB mid week games before covid? Maybe there were just a few selected games each week rather than every game. Can't recall the exact pre-covid situation.

Yeah, it started in 18/19, the season before Covid hit. Every midweek game was on the red button, with a couple per week on the main channel.

On 30/06/2021 at 19:46, Mattredrobin said:

Hi mate, I’m not sure I can answer your questions about Sky games on TV, but I just wanted to say that, given your domestic situation, I hope you and your lad have loads of brill days out following our club ... best wishes to you 

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, it started in 18/19, the season before Covid hit. Every midweek game was on the red button, with a couple per week on the main channel.

Not all midweek matches are RB. If a weekend game was re-arranged for a midweek fixture because of a postponement etc, that will not become RB. 

I think there is also an agreement for maximum number of RB games per team, 8 rings a bell.

Sky are listing the midweek games as being available on the red button, Info on their website. But as the Reading away game is on the Wednesday - 48 hours before the Swansea TV game on the Friday - I am assuming the Wednesday game will be rescheduled and therefore will not be on the red button for the rearranged fixture even though it's certain to be another midweek date 

Is that correct? Anyone know?

Archived