IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

That and they are finally question dwyne sport and the fact wael has yet to spend a penny of his own money,

i'm going to predict that the mem will be sold from under them for property and then ending up homeless again,

except this time they will have nowhere to turn for help having burnt all their bridges at bath, forest green and Cheltenham 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That and they are finally question dwyne sport and the fact wael has yet to spend a penny of his own money,

i'm going to predict that the mem will be sold from under them for property and then ending up homeless again,

except this time they will have nowhere to turn for help having burnt all their bridges at bath, forest green and Cheltenham 

It think he's enjoying himself at the moment so they are safe. The training ground suggest they are at least in it for the medium term, will just be interesting to see how they intend to finance everything, and the fees Rovers will pay to Dwayne Sports to use their facilities and give DS a decent ROI

26 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It think he's enjoying himself at the moment so they are safe. The training ground suggest they are at least in it for the medium term, will just be interesting to see how they intend to finance everything, and the fees Rovers will pay to Dwayne Sports to use their facilities and give DS a decent ROI

They haven't got a training ground they have some land,

the gas have already back tracked on the plans for the site all of 1 day after the announcement 

somthing stinks about their ownership,

im not saying it as a dirty ted ether or out of jelousy something just isn't right their,

they have a multi millionaire yet to spend a penny, the have a chairman whoring himself around London to anyone that will listen for investment

tgings just don't add up, their board are lucky that they have such a deluded fanbase

i mean we aren't perfect but we have prob the best owner in the country it doesn't stop any of us criticising him and question motives,

they just don't seem capable of it

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They haven't got a training ground they have some land,

the gas have already back tracked on the plans for the site all of 1 day after the announcement 

somthing stinks about their ownership,

im not saying it as a dirty ted ether or out of jelousy something just isn't right their,

they have a multi millionaire yet to spend a penny, the have a chairman whoring himself around London to anyone that will listen for investment

tgings just don't add up, their board are lucky that they have such a deluded fanbase

i mean we aren't perfect but we have prob the best owner in the country it doesn't stop any of us criticising him and question motives,

they just don't seem capable of it

Not trying to pick apart your post or anything but you cant build a training ground without buying the land first right?

Also buying 20 odd acres of land cant be cheap!

Agree with you on the investment side though. Modern stadia cost a fortune and their owner isnt rich enough to fork up 30 odd mill without help.

The whisper I heard is, they won't go ahead with the deal in place. Te one that Higgs negotiated . I understand they want a deal that gives them ownership and revenue.
I don't know how that staccks up with the land that the UWE were given, aren't there some clause as to what they can do with it?

They were apparently budgeting £1000 a seat, apparently all that gets you is the concrete the seat is on, the seat and the roof NOTHING else. During his visit I understand Wael  was a little surprised at the quality, finish and infrastructure on the new Gate. A quick Google with give you an idea of the cost per seat of a new build stadium, estimates vary but range from £1500 - £6000 per seat, I stand to be corrected but as I said a quick Google. 

Up until recently , no one from the football club had contacted the UWE and all contact had been through businessmen and Lawyers. Worrying?  A mate spoke to someone that works there and they, at least he was still unsure if it would go ahead or not. This was only a couple of months ago

Dwayne sports own the new land , if that was us the rabble on gAss chat would be screaming about dodgy deals and not being owned by the club, that and off shore ownership. They conveniently gloss over that one.

No one, and I mean no one , out side of the family and maybe close allies know what Wael's plans are. He may have the best intentions and really is being sensible and frugal , who knows. What I do know is if roles were reversed OTIB would have gone into melt down long ago and questions would have been asked.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The whisper I heard is, they won't go ahead with the deal in place. Te one that Higgs negotiated . I understand they want a deal that gives them ownership and revenue.
I don't know how that staccks up with the land that the UWE were given, aren't there some clause as to what they can do with it?

They were apparently budgeting £1000 a seat, apparently all that gets you is the concrete the seat is on, the seat and the roof NOTHING else. During his visit I understand Wael  was a little surprised at the quality, finish and infrastructure on the new Gate. A quick Google with give you an idea of the cost per seat of a new build stadium, estimates vary but range from £1500 - £6000 per seat, I stand to be corrected but as I said a quick Google. 

Up until recently , no one from the football club had contacted the UWE and all contact had been through businessmen and Lawyers. Worrying?  A mate spoke to someone that works there and they, at least he was still unsure if it would go ahead or not. This was only a couple of months ago

Dwayne sports own the new land , if that was us the rabble on gAss chat would be screaming about dodgy deals and not being owned by the club, that and off shore ownership. They conveniently gloss over that one.

No one, and I mean no one , out side of the family and maybe close allies know what Wael's plans are. He may have the best intentions and really is being sensible and frugal , who knows. What I do know is if roles were reversed OTIB would have gone into melt down long ago and questions would have been asked.

UWE are not allowed to sell the land which is the main clause, however we all know how businesses always find schemes to work around things like that (following the letter of the law, but maybe not the intention of the clause). there is no money in football, unless they push to get into the Premiership, so hes looking at years of losses from the club as well as however much the training faciltities costs, and the stadium. Maybe he has some scheme where he thinks he can make some money, maybe someone who just fancied owning a football club.

On 07/02/2017 at 08:50, Hello said:

I guess it will be funded by the Dwane Sports Group in whichever way they acquire finance.

They maintain finance (again however it has been sourced) has never been a problem for UWE, just getting the deal done.

Perhaps some of the funds from the sale of The Mem will go into the training facilities.

For noe the aim is to get the minimum set out so the youths can play there and the the first team to train. They are visiting Fleetwoods training centre, so I guess future development s will require further PP anyway first

Meet the chairman of Dwayne Sports , Mr Dwayne Dibley .

IMG_1526.JPG

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fiale said:

UWE are not allowed to sell the land which is the main clause, however we all know how businesses always find schemes to work around things like that (following the letter of the law, but maybe not the intention of the clause). there is no money in football, unless they push to get into the Premiership, so hes looking at years of losses from the club as well as however much the training faciltities costs, and the stadium. Maybe he has some scheme where he thinks he can make some money, maybe someone who just fancied owning a football club.

He could have sold their star forward for 10,000,000 £ 

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Isn't it common practice in football for the assets to be owned by a different company than the actual footall club (liability).  This was the case under the old regime, a different company owned the ground.

@Monkeh What have they backtracked on with the training ground?

Yes, it is very common.

That doesn't make your assets being owned by an offshore company, run by people you'd never heard of a year ago, who haven't spent a penny on the club (in footballing terms) any less concerning from your point of view. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, it is very common.

That doesn't make your assets being owned by an offshore company, run by people you'd never heard of a year ago, who haven't spent a penny on the club (in footballing terms) any less concerning from your point of view. 

Maybe slightly less concerning than Higgs and his watertight contract, and how that would have ended though?

21 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Isn't it common practice in football for the assets to be owned by a different company than the actual footall club (liability).  This was the case under the old regime, a different company owned the ground.

@Monkeh What have they backtracked on with the training ground?

I might be getting my wires crossed on it to be honest net, but I think they aren't building everything that the press said they are building,

i will try and find out

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:
Police launch investigation over suspected fraud at Bristol Rovers Supporters Club

In the supporters' club published accounts for the last financial year details that the club's current/business premium bank accounts had a total of £4,441.
The year before the account had a total of £152,887.(which in footballing circles is known as "Half a Matty Taylor")

So it's not only Wael who has duped gasheads into believeing that there is money in the coffers, over the last year. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:
Police launch investigation over suspected fraud at Bristol Rovers Supporters Club

In the supporters' club published accounts for the last financial year details that the club's current/business premium bank accounts had a total of £4,441.
The year before the account had a total of £152,887.(which in footballing circles is known as "Half a Matty Taylor")

After all their ridiculous 'tax fraud', 'tax avoidance', 'dodgy dealer' taunts at Mr Lansdown they then give us this gift! 

They might as well just walk around with a post-it note stuck to their foreheads with 'please laugh at us' scrawled on each one...!

• Like 3