IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

STATEMENT: MATTY TAYLOR TRANSFER

Bristol Rovers will not be pursuing its complaint to the EFL following the transfer of striker Matty Taylor to Bristol City, it was announced today.

The decision comes after Bristol Rovers had discussions with the EFL who had pointed out the clause in Schedule 4.8 Section 85 Part 3 of the EFL Code of Conduct which refers to complaints coming from "whinging tossers"

Bristol Rovers will be making no further comment on the matter. 

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/statement-matty-taylor-transfer-3573547.aspx#3ybIlT0G8QQPOp4L.99

:clap:

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

There is definitely one with Gerry Gow holding Frankie Prince. I saw it in an old football programme years ago. Frankie Prince was trying to pull away and had his head turned to the side. Gow looked like he was going to batter Prince. I have seen the one with Kenny Stephens and it is not as good as the Frankie Prince one.

I think I know the one you mean, it always reminded me of this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bremner.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

STATEMENT: MATTY TAYLOR TRANSFER

Bristol Rovers will not be pursuing its complaint to the EFL following the transfer of striker Matty Taylor to Bristol City, it was announced today.

The decision comes after Bristol Rovers had discussions with the EFL who had pointed out the clause in Schedule 4.8 Section 85 Part 3 of the EFL Code of Conduct which refers to complaints coming from "whinging tossers"

Bristol Rovers will be making no further comment on the matter. 

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/statement-matty-taylor-transfer-3573547.aspx#3ybIlT0G8QQPOp4L.99

Typical Gas. They make themselves look total idiots by bringing the matter up. then drop it after the FL has a quiet word with them.

On 2/12/2017 at 12:47, SirColinOfMansfield said:

It sounds like Nick Higgs is starting to run a bit short of readies ....

"I thought I knew the answer to this but as things can change I saw Nick Higgs after todays game and he assured me that NONE of the previous Directors have been repaid and said "I can guarantee you 100% that is the case", in fact he was quite indignant that anyone is suggesting otherwise."

http://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/9192/dwane-sports?page=16

I wonder when Wally is going to stump up the cash ...there seems to be a lot of money missing over there ... and none of it seems to be in Wally's Wallet

47581d1218559450-whats-your-wallet-right

Didn't he also say a certain case was '100% water tight?' :banana:

4 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

There is definitely one with Gerry Gow holding Frankie Prince. I saw it in an old football programme years ago. Frankie Prince was trying to pull away and had his head turned to the side. Gow looked like he was going to batter Prince. I have seen the one with Kenny Stephens and it is not as good as the Frankie Prince one.

You know what,I do believe you're right,seem to remember it was in one of the old Bounty Hunter fanzines,I'm going to have to have a rummage around to see if I can find it.

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

You know what,I do believe you're right,seem to remember it was in one of the old Bounty Hunter fanzines,I'm going to have to have a rummage around to see if I can find it.

Would be great if you could find it. I know the Kenny Stephens one was in the Bountyhunter but can't remember if the Frankie Prince one was? I even think it was under a "What's the Caption?" section in the programme that I saw it in. I can imagine the responses weren't printable! 

So, if the  unthinkable should happen and we do go down........City is above Gas alphabetically, so we will start the season above them,  and the clock can carry on ticking away.   

How long is it now?

All we have to do is win our first match by more goals than them (hopefully it will be against them), and normal service will be resumed.

Small mercies eh?

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

So, if the  unthinkable should happen and we do go down........City is above Gas alphabetically, so we will start the season above them,  and the clock can carry on ticking away.   

How long is it now?

All we have to do is win our first match by more goals than them (hopefully it will be against them), and normal service will be resumed.

Small mercies eh?

It will be 6000 days around Easter.

I see the BP have published a completely pointless article that attempts to perpetuate the myth of sag heads singing and supporting the team throughout and that the mem is a "fantastic" stadium creating an "excellent" atmosphere.

The writer is meant to be impartial but is clearly blowing smoke up their arse, amongst other things comparing it favourably with the Pirelli, kingsmeadow and priestfield stadiums (not really raising the bar much) however, I can't help thinking this article may be some sort of boardroom propaganda pushed out to the media to start sowing the seed for staying at the mem......?

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/comment-at-look-at-bristol-rovers-and-the-memorial-stadium-with-fresh-eyes/story-30139480-detail/story.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I see the BP have published a completely pointless article that attempts to perpetuate the myth of sag heads singing and supporting the team throughout and that the mem is a "fantastic" stadium creating an "excellent" atmosphere.

The writer is meant to be impartial but is clearly blowing smoke up their arse, amongst other things comparing it favourably with the Pirelli, kingsmeadow and priestfield stadiums (not really raising the bar much) however, I can't help thinking this article may be some sort of boardroom propaganda pushed out to the media to start sowing the seed for staying at the mem......?

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/comment-at-look-at-bristol-rovers-and-the-memorial-stadium-with-fresh-eyes/story-30139480-detail/story.html

The freelance guy who wrote that, he can't be that good a journo - he spelt Darrell Clarke's name incorrectly. Anyway, as you say, comparing their atmosphere to Burton, Wimbledon and Gillingham hardly fills me with dread that the gap/chasm is narrowing!

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

And does anyone seriously think that IF he'd slagged the whole experience off, this arsehole-smoke blowing exercise would have seen light of day ?

Edited by slartibartfast

13 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

250k sounds a steal with a two bed flat above it given prices in Bristol.

You would of course need to have it fumigated but that wouldn`t cost too much.

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't imagine that's a freehold price otherwise it is a bargain.

QUEEN VIC BRISTOL. Free house on Gloucester Road close to Memorial Stadium, University population and Victorian housing.

Single Bar with two bedroom Flat above. Ref No: 41823.

Freehold £250,000, plus VAT.

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/queen-vic-in-bristol-freehold-for-sale.aspx

So ...... what is the catch .....

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>