IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, supercidered said:

To be fair to have only 30 ejected and 2 arrests out of a travelling away support of 5,000 is only a small minority. You also need to take in to account that a massive gurt load traveled without tickets in the hope they may get in. 

Plus the thousands sat in the neutral part of the ground .

• Like 1

On one of the gas forums, posters have said that one of the stewards couldn't speak English. Surely that would be a pre-requisite for a safety steward at a football match? Not that it has anything to do with the issues on Saturday but I find this hard to believe.

Edited by 8menhadadream

10 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

On one of the gas forums, posters have said that one of the stewards couldn't speak English. Surely that would be a pre-requisite for a safety steward at a football match? Not that it has anything to do with the issues on Saturday but I find this hard to believe.

You don't need to understand English to steward the sags, just primordial grunts and beatings of the chest.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 3

• Admin
46 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Certainly not many English speakers at QPR

52 minutes ago, Super said:

so basically

Rovers "Please sell us the land on the cheap, we'll give you naming rights and let you use the car park (until we get board of you"

UWE "we've told you millions of time, the land is held in trust and can't be sold, you will have to lease the stadium from us at a peppercorn rent but we want naming rights, gate money and catering money as part of the deal"

Rovers " but thats not fair we are the massive bristol rovers, we take 21700 away each game, you'll make money just by being associated with our racist thugs.... i mean fans"

UWE "sorry we can't sell it to you"

Rover " you must be gert shit ed's we'll complain to the press that pantsdown is hold up our development"

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

August this year then . 6 months and counting.

Well it's been 6 years already, I'm sure they can keep stringing the deluded few along for another 6 months.

What was that song they were singing in the JPT game at Ashton Gate?

"We've got our stadium"..

Yes, you have, it's situated in Horfield and it's a ******* hole..!!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

The UWE response isn't very convincing is it.

4 straight forward questions asked and they respond with one sentence.

No doubt the blue few will see this as the green light they are hoping for and start getting excited 

it's the responce of some one who is waiting for planning permission to run out, and readying a court case for when rovers try and sue and force them to build something they don't want

• Like 1

Dont know about the Port Vale incident as I wasnt there but always amazes me and I am sure you have the sort of fans also thst turn up to a busy away game, 5 mins before kick off after having a few sherberts and then kick up a fuss because they cant sit/stand wherd they want, 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hello said:

Dont know about the Port Vale incident as I wasnt there but always amazes me and I am sure you have the sort of fans also thst turn up to a busy away game, 5 mins before kick off after having a few sherberts and then kick up a fuss because they cant sit/stand wherd they want, 

Didn't it all kick off after about an hour though?

48 minutes ago, Hello said:

Now as much as I think the majority of rovers fans are nauses ( despite knowing many sound gas heads ), I have seen myself first hand how provocative and aggressive stewards can be to some fans and I wouldnt be surprised if many were acting in self defence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hello said:

'Tis true......incidents like that happen up and down the country but then most, sorry, all other clubs don't then going running to the media and authorities

On 20/02/2017 at 16:33, Nogbad the Bad said:

It says 3 Rovers fans arrested and 30 ejected, but followed by 'further ejections' later.

For 30+ fans to be misbehaving to the extent it was felt they had to be chucked out, but not badly enough to be charged with anything, is in itself very unusual.

Read on the gas forum that 2 individuals who steward at Rovers but were attending as fans were ejected early in the game.

The real bother in the ground seems to erupted a few minutes after Port Vale took the lead, and the disturbance outside between 50 Rovers fans and the stewards/police looks serious, so surprising there weren't more arrests there.

Very likely to be a number of photos for the EP to plaster over their front page in the near future, you'd think.

Surely they can blame Wycombe Wanderers for this somehow...or was it just 'them pesky 'Teds' cos we're always in attendance whenever there is trouble involving their club don't ya know....or was it shifty Sainsbury's employees putting them through even more misery, or perhaps Ikea and Tesco staff rubbing it in that they took 'The Tote End' forever...either way, it won't be 'their' fault.....

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Surely they can blame Wycombe Wanderers for this somehow...or was it just 'them pesky 'Teds' cos we're always in attendance whenever there is trouble involving their club don't ya know....or was it shifty Sainsbury's employees putting them through even more misery, or perhaps Ikea and Tesco staff rubbing it in that they took 'The Tote End' forever...either way, it won't be 'their' fault.....

Don't forget ROSE, she fought them and won.....the gert beatch