IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

51 minutes ago, bert tann said:

******* Breaking news from The Mem ******

Rovers new signing Scott Sinclair has parted from fiance Elsie Tanner who is said to be "shacked up" with Jerry Booth in Minnie Caldwell's spare room.

The Weatherfield Gazette will have further updates throughout the night.  

Read that on the 'socials' earlier.

She said there were limits.

Chatting with a gashead earlier today he reckoned that there was loads of trouble kicking off around the side streets on the Mem after the game. Blamed the police for allowing both sets of fans leaving at the same time.

He also said that fans are delighted with the progress overseen and managed by Barton who according to my acquaintance is becoming something of a legend amongst the blue few. 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Chatting with a gashead earlier today he reckoned that there was loads of trouble kicking off around the side streets on the Mem after the game. Blamed the police for allowing both sets of fans leaving at the same time.

He also said that fans are delighted with the progress overseen and managed by Barton who according to my acquaintance is becoming something of a legend amongst the blue few. 

"Blame the police" well they have to blame someone I suppose, never their fault !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weepywall said:

"Blame the police" well they have to blame someone I suppose, never their fault !

If he’s right then it was down to the police. We don’t see large numbers of away fans leaving the Atyeo at the same time as the fans at AG.

Its common sense

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Progress? Like taking them over as a lower midtable league one team and they’re now…..a lower midtable table league one team?

• Like 6

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There has been a lot of history between Argyle and their dislike for Rovers, was always going to be problems at this game

On 22/10/2022 at 20:57, Bristol Rob said:

Thought it was about 12,500

It hasn't been anywhere near that for years

On 22/10/2022 at 23:44, slartibartfast said:

I thought they relaxed that after the first few games ?

It is all to do with the areas right behind the goals where people used to stand

People are unable to stand against the wall behind the goal now, the nearest is the area behind the first safety barriers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

he comes out with this on a regular basis when away fans have been let out at the same time as home ones for years. I think it`s even `illegal` to keep them back nowadays.

No it’s not illegal - the police say it’s to protect public safety.

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Are you sure he didn’t say Barton is becoming something of a bell end? 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No it’s not illegal - the police say it’s to protect public safety.

Ok but when I left the ground after Millwall they were all allowed to leave at the same time and I know that for a fact as there was plenty of facing off going in front of me.. and you would think if there’s one game they’d hold them back it’s this one or Cardiff currently 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Feral Williams said:

Ok but when I left the ground after Millwall they were all allowed to leave at the same time and I know that for a fact as there was plenty of facing off going in front of me.. and you would think if there’s one game they’d hold them back it’s this one or Cardiff currently 

We’ll see on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, Feral Williams said:

Maybe, maybe not but your argument is flawed unless it’s just based on the Swansea game and there’s not quite the animosity between the clubs fans as Millwall and Cardiff, or do you disagree?

I don’t disagree at all. City have history with both Welsh clubs, Milwall and back in the day Swindon. There have also been trouble over the years with Brum, Baggies, Stoke and Leeds.

Fortunately those kind of problems are few and far between these days, largely down to more professional policing.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I saw some 12 year old Argyle fans shouting 'Come on then' on Filton Avenue and one of them threw a punch at someone. that was about the size of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I saw some 12 year old Argyle fans shouting 'Come on then' on Filton Avenue and one of them threw a punch at someone. that was about the size of it.

Sounds about right, just handbags as usual. 

Anyway @Miah Dennehywhat`s the deal with this kiddie who`s gone back to Fulham? It sounds like his version of events is not the same as Mr Barton`s.

29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sounds about right, just handbags as usual. 

Anyway @Miah Dennehywhat`s the deal with this kiddie who`s gone back to Fulham? It sounds like his version of events is not the same as Mr Barton`s.

No idea I'm afraid. He didn't set the world alight with us, I was chatting to a mate at Exeter who said to me, that his Hibs mate had said he was dog shite for them, about two minutes later Jasper went on a great run and sent a great cross over for a goal, so who knows :)it does seem that Barton brooks no dissent whatsoever and once someone shows any rebeliousness, he bombs them out and I can only assume that is what has happened here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Gotta be number 3 for their new badge.

Nothing says ground theft more than a poorly produced picture of Richard O'Sullivan in his Dick Turpin days.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1