IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I know what you lot are like.

You're not just looking forward to the Rotherham game and the England game are you ? 

You're manically straining at the leash because you simply can't wait to see pictures of the big screen and the hordes of Gasheads crammed into the Thatchers end on Saturday night.

Well here's a sneak preview

917380085_Scottslastcampb.thumb.webp.5f8e04a8c9d1ed15e265b961974792df.webp

Edited by bert tann
  • Haha 17
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"The screen will be located behind the goal at the Thatchers end of the ground, allowing fans to stand on the north terrace and watch the game as if you were there!"

???

Have you not noticed the fans in Qatar standing on a crumbling terrace under a rusting roof catching hypothermia? ? It’s the real deal I tell ya!

• Haha 2

If only they were able to call on the services of someone with experience of erecting temporary structures who could provide some sort of tent or marquee which would protect the faithful from the elements during the screening.

I`ve no idea who you could contact in such a scenario though. - it`s not something that`s widely used at football grounds.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bert tann said:

I know what you lot are like.

You're not just looking forward to the Rotherham game and the England game are you ? 

You're manically straining at the leash because you simply can't wait to see pictures of the big screen and the hordes of Gasheads crammed into the Thatchers end on Saturday night.

Well here's a sneak preview

917380085_Scottslastcampb.thumb.webp.5f8e04a8c9d1ed15e265b961974792df.webp

One in the tent, 4 locked out?

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If only they were able to call on the services of someone with experience of erecting temporary structures who could provide some sort of tent or marquee which would protect the faithful from the elements during the screening.

I`ve no idea who you could contact in such a scenario though. - it`s not something that`s widely used at football grounds.

Does Go outdoors do home delivery?

• Haha 1

On 08/12/2022 at 12:46, Red-Robbo said:

Unfortunately, the "rep" still attracts racists and arseholes from across the UK*, so, yeah, some of the biggest ******* I ever met when I lived in London were 'Wall fans. 

* Take Sidcup-born, Middlesbrough brought up, Wiltshire-domiciled media columnist and wife-beater Rod Liddle. Where else other than a Millwall online forum would you be able to get away with "jokes" about Auschwitz and calls for black people to be "repatriated". 

Liddle posted that?   I knew he was a ***t, but not one of such magnitude?

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Liddle posted that?   I knew he was a ***t, but not one of such magnitude?

Yep. At first claimed his computer had been hacked, but presented by evidence to the contrary said it was "banter" that was "taken out of context" but he "didn't regret it". 

On 07/12/2022 at 10:42, Taz said:

Agreed, it's actually something that they're doing that they can't be knocked for really. If enough people stay you get the atmosphere, extra revenue (from selling out of date crisps), and the chance to watch it with your mates.

It's actually a very good idea

You do realise that the purpose of this thread is to take the p!ss?

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bizyer said:

You do realise that the purpose of this thread is to take the p!ss?

Yeah, but every once in a while they're bound to do something positive at some point. I mean you can't be a bunch of fucktards 24/7 52 weeks a year can you? Even an idiot has something decent to say once in a while.

It's fine though don't worry, within another 24 hours they'll probably revert back to type when the screen doesn't turn up and/or work, so all will be forgotten ? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Taz said:

Yeah, but every once in a while they're bound to do something positive at some point. I mean you can't be a bunch of fucktards 24/7 52 weeks a year can you? Even an idiot has something decent to say once in a while.

It's fine though don't worry, within another 24 hours they'll probably revert back to type when the screen doesn't turn up and/or work, so all will be forgotten ? 

if the screen is as cheap as wallys other big investments,the lcd will be watered down and freeze before kick off. 90 mins of watching national anthem.  but he has got a nice watch

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

39th anniversary of the 2-1 FA Cup win at Eastville today, goals by Ritchie & Hirst, but if you were there of course you knew that.

Great day.

Bloody hell, 39 years..!!

The persistence of Riley to set up Hirst for the winner...what a moment. Magic.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

39th anniversary of the 2-1 FA Cup win at Eastville today, goals by Ritchie & Hirst, but if you were there of course you knew that.

Great day.

Poor quality by today's standards, but for those who haven't seen it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Terry Cooper coming off the bench , and changed the game

One of my favourite days ever

I was just about to say this. Hirst was at uni at the time. "One nil down, two one up, we knocked Rovers out the cup ..."

PS I was coming on the thread to see if there was a stream knocking about for the Port Vale game. Could do with a laugh.

Edited by Sleepy1968