IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, One Team said:

Bastards won again then. They couldn’t could they? ?

They could but…..highly unlikely I’d say….played more games than all those above them and those teams are certainly better than them.

Let’s let them keep believing….

More important for us to focus on us and ensure that we stay in the Championship

21 minutes ago, One Team said:

They could but…..highly unlikely I’d say….played more games than all those above them and those teams are certainly better than them.

Let’s let them keep believing….

More important for us to focus on us and ensure that we stay in the Championship

35 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Easy to sit pretty in the league when you’ve played more games than everyone tbf 

Their wage bill is also comfortably top half of the table too. The owners have loosened the purse strings for Barton. They're doing roughly as they should be given wage bill. 

They're not quite the plucky underdogs that Barton and their weirdo fans like to make out. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Their wage bill is also comfortably top half of the table too. The owners have loosened the purse strings for Barton. They're doing roughly as they should be given wage bill. 

They're not quite the plucky underdogs that Barton and their weirdo fans like to make out. 

I'd say the fans are fully aware of our budget but given some of the teams in this League it would feel as if 5/6 years ago we'd have a top 6 budget whereas now it's like top 12 even though it's improved drastically. WAQ has gone all in on Barton and he's financially backed him to be fair.

Barton on the other hand... my opinions are known and I don't want to keep wasting time talking about him. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I'd say the fans are fully aware of our budget but given some of the teams in this League it would feel as if 5/6 years ago we'd have a top 6 budget whereas now it's like top 12 even though it's improved drastically. WAQ has gone all in on Barton and he's financially backed him to be fair.

Barton on the other hand... my opinions are known and I don't want to keep wasting time talking about him. 

Fair enough, I don't take much interest. But was told wage budget is top 10. 

Big year for the fruit market too, if you don't sign up to the stadium project in the coming months then the opportunity will be gone. 

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

With well known heroes carrying them such as Sinclair (6 month contract) and Coburn (loanee) after their biggest hero of all (Anderson, another loanee with them for 4 months) getting them promoted single handily last season. Some ‘team’ spirit to build on that is

43 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough, I don't take much interest. But was told wage budget is top 10. 

Big year for the fruit market too, if you don't sign up to the stadium project in the coming months then the opportunity will be gone. 

Could well be, it's there or abouts. I'd say there's for sure 9 teams you'd expect to have bigger budgets including Plymouth, Sheff Weds, Ipswich, Derby, Bolton, Barnsley, Peterborough, Charlton and Portsmouth and then you probably have the likes of ourselves, Oxford and Possibly Wycombe for the 10-12th places. (Wycombe seem to have been able to recruit really well since their stint in the CH)

I also don't take much interest anymore. Haven't seen Rovers since JB and have only watched 3 or 4 live games elsewhere since. Find a way to take yourself out of the football world and you realise you don't really miss it.  

Though, I do enjoy the mini panic attacks on here recently about the possibility of a derby next season.

Edited by Seventeen

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

You lot can relax as there is no chance they will get 39 points in 20 games they'll need for the play offs

Certainly wouldn't say no chance with the offensive players they've got, there's some good teams above them, so just about outsiders still, but they may go close ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, One Team said:

Part of me wants them to because its getting very boring supporting city the last couple of seasons. 

Im sure rovers finish just outside the playoffs every season back in league one. Happened with trollope and clarke. Will happen again.

20 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Certainly wouldn't say no chance with the offensive players they've got, there's some good teams above them, so just about outsiders still, but they may go close ..

Can get 40/1 for them to get promoted if you fancy a consolation bet, can't see it myself, they don't beat teams above them, don't necessarily lose tho, played more games than most aswell. They will finish mid table ish. Jailbird Joey will be off if he get miraculously gets a better offer and so would most of the players.

11 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Part of me wants them to because its getting very boring supporting city the last couple of seasons. 

Im sure rovers finish just outside the playoffs every season back in league one. Happened with trollope and clarke. Will happen again.

The part of you that wants that mob to get promoted .....you need to get rid of that part !!!!

• Haha 3
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes. Joey Barton isn’t exceeding expectations. He has them where they should be. 

6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

They’ve only won one more game than they’ve lost, have a negative goal difference and have the third worst defensive record in the league. I wouldn’t be too concerned about them.

Over the full season, yes. They always seem to start the season slowly.

But recent form, especially since Coburn has been fit, their record is much better (excluding Boreham Wood in the cup, of course). 

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not sure how they've got the cheek to mock a crowd (12,145) they can only dream of achieving right now.

Well it is ONLY 3,000 more than their biggest home crowd of the season, and probably for many seasons, even though it was a 12.30 Sunday ko and admission wasn’t  included with season tickets. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2