IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 15/01/2023 at 23:32, Ashton Hero said:

As other contributors to this thread have informed me, its actually natural for a city fan to take an interest in rovers affairs and vice-versa. 

Its unfortunate that there aren't more forums where fans of both clubs can interact and communicate, preferably without resorting to cheap and stupid insults, as you have done - I see educational standards and general standards of civility haven't improved in south Bristol since I last visited. 

Laughable that you think North Bristol is still blue. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I've taken  a random-ish start point .
So in my lifetime, they have averaged higher attendances than us 5 times ...

1960, 1961, 1964, 1965 and 1983 

So Rovers finished higher than City for 13 consecutive seasons; 1948-49 to 1961-62, but they only had more spectators for five of those seasons.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

So Rovers finished higher than City for 13 consecutive seasons; 1948-49 to 1961-62, but they only had more spectators for five of those seasons.

As I said, in my lifetime. 

Looking at the years you mention, they did have higher gates 58, 57, 55, 54, 53, 49 , so much closer.

Here you go....

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/englandcontent.htm

Edited by 1960maaan

2 hours ago, Ashton Hero said:

You've definitely had better shirts - that looks like something that somebody designed after winning a competition. 

Of ours, the 94/95 versions (1st and 3rd kit) were the best I can remember. Soon followed by the nadir of the 'Tesco Bag'. 

Nah, we leave that sort of thing to you lot to get your pub team shirt sponsorship!?

Edited by BrizzleRed
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Ashton Hero said:

I genuinely thought the guy at the front was a Fleetwood fan when I saw the photo. You'll need to change the shirt for next season when you play them in the league after your forthcoming relegation. 

Talking of shirt changes, this is probably my favourite of all time. The year you won relegation 

D36397AE-7918-4FAC-A0A1-D1F79D099B26.jpeg

• Haha 15
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Lakeside Red said:

If our lot actually decided to like Nige , that could work here.

We've got super Nigel Pearson,
He knows exactly what we need,
Vyner at the back,
Nahki in attack,
He's gonna take us to the Premier League.

Doesn't matter if you believe it or not, we've been singing "we're by far the greatest team" for years and no one believes that. :clapping:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Those are the sort of tables that usually have old bubblegum stuck to the underside.

To be fair the rest of the room looks not too bad, but you can't feel comfortable with the furniture arranged like that - you expect Mr McKay to be walking down the aisles jangling his cell keys. Did Joey get the layout idea from previous experience?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Those are the sort of tables that usually have old bubblegum stuck to the underside.

To be fair the rest of the room looks not too bad, but you can't feel comfortable with the furniture arranged like that - you expect Mr McKay to be walking down the aisles jangling his cell keys. Did Joey get the layout idea from previous experience?

You failed to spot the new carpet and curtains ?

13 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Picnic or Banquet?

96A1BD7E-6DC9-4D93-A56D-9304DF1E474F.jpeg

Is the top one a singletons club? Facing towards Babestation at the end of the room with a table to hide how excited they are with either the TV or the bloke in front with either the words “Lambert” or “Windass” printed on the back of their quartered clown shirts 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Is the top one a singletons club? Facing towards Babestation at the end of the room with a table to hide how excited they are with either the TV or the bloke in front with either the words “Lambert” or “Windass” printed on the back of their quartered clown shirts 

Yes, that’s the one.
The photo must have been taken after Babestation had been turned off and they’d had a chance to clear up all the tissues that had been ‘tossed’ under the tables

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Close. Simpletons club 

• Haha 1