IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Up to their old tricks again.

Fortunately for the phew, it won't cost them anyhing like it would most clubs.

The food they sell is already out of date so another week or two in storage won't hurt.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't get them postponing the game, it's been a bit cold and a bit damp but conditions have been worse this year than they have been in the last 24/48 hours.

What happened to the fantastic playing surface and the championship ready sprinkler system? 

I guess they must have some injuries, though when they cheated to avoid Stockport that time it was because their opponents were on a 10 match unbeaten (winning?) run (games took place at Eastville park on the same day!) & when they called their league game off before the second leg of the JPT with us (when Lambert scored) it was clearly so they had a free weekend whilst we played up at Oldham.

Remember being due to play them around ‘84 at Eastville, their goalie was injured so they said their pitch was “waterlogged”, I lived in St. George at the time & it hadn’t rained in 2 days.

It’s what they do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I guess they must have some injuries, though when they cheated to avoid Stockport that time it was because their opponents were on a 10 match unbeaten (winning?) run (games took place at Eastville park on the same day!) & when they called their league game off before the second leg of the JPT with us (when Lambert scored) it was clearly so they had a free weekend whilst we played up at Oldham.

Remember being due to play them around ‘84 at Eastville, their goalie was injured so they said their pitch was “waterlogged”, I lived in St. George at the time & it hadn’t rained in 2 days.

It’s what they do.

New signings to bed in. Cancelled because standing water that was "left on the pitch" had frozen. How can the "best pitch in the football league" be in that state?

• Like 1

I have to say I'm surprised that a club can just call a game off with a feeble excuse.

I thought the ref had to make that call to ensure they are not taking the piss and don't want to face a good team because they don't fancy it, or have injuries.

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I have to say I'm surprised that a club can just call a game off with a feeble excuse.

I thought the ref had to make that call to ensure they are not taking the piss and don't want to face a good team because they don't fancy it, or have injuries.

It was a ref who called it off......................who has no control over the pitch being left in an unplayable position with frozen standing water all over it somehow.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It was a ref who called it off......................who has no control over the pitch being left in an unplayable position with frozen standing water all over it somehow.

All those salty tears from yet another defeat to Stanley and our wins over Brum and the mutton molesters.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BS3City said:

There's a fiddle going on here. Even thirty plus years ago we've covered our surface to ensure the game went ahead. Perhaps they'd be better off watching the local weather forecast on TV rather than Babestation.

Absolute tossers...

It's incredible to call it off now, been 8 or 9degC this afternoon so it's not like it could have been frozen solid? Any remaining frost could have been locally thawed surely and then covered over night. Tinpot doesn't do this justice

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

It's incredible to call it off now, been 8 or 9degC this afternoon so it's not like it could have been frozen solid? Any remaining frost could have been locally thawed surely and then covered over night. Tinpot doesn't do this justice

Forecast is for milder conditions overnight and into tomorrow 

I suspect it was more to do with stopping Wycombe travelling 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BS3City said:

There's a fiddle going on here. Even thirty plus years ago we've covered our surface to ensure the game went ahead. Perhaps they'd be better off watching the local weather forecast on TV rather than Babestation.

Absolute tossers...

they cant do that,they used their pitch covers to make a stand a few years back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

it was clearly so they had a free weekend whilst we played up at Oldham.

Close….we were at Blackpool, won 1-0 Wayne Andrews iirc.

Didn't they also get the original Trumpton fixture postponed in 89/90 when we were on fire* and Bob Taylor wasn’t injured? 

*no pun intended

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a convicted felon on but your local was out of Fred West cups?

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a really bad illustration possibly infringing on DC trademarks?

Look no further…

It say,s bag on the back.

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Close….we were at Blackpool, won 1-0 Wayne Andrews iirc.

Didn't they also get the original Trumpton fixture postponed in 89/90 when we were on fire* and Bob Taylor wasn’t injured? 

*no pun intended

Yes called off and moved to the second of may which they still **** over now 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It’s what they do.

Didn’t they sign on Bob Wilson on loan who was about 40 then and the only  active thing he was doing was reading the autocue on Football focus.I’m sure the “impartial” ref who called the game off was the gashead who ran the newsagents next to giovannis at temple meads.Steve ?

Everything about that club winds me up.It did then and I’m 52 now.I’m sure those ***** will give me a heart attack one day.Thank god for this thread so we can release our pent up feelings.Such good therapy.ftg

1 minute ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Didn’t they sign on Bob Wilson on loan who was about 40 then and the only  active thing he was doing was reading the autocue on Football focus.I’m sure the “impartial” ref who called the game off was the gashead who ran the newsagents next to giovannis at temple meads.Steve ?

Everything about that club winds me up.It did then and I’m 52 now.I’m sure those ***** will give me a heart attack one day.Thank god for this thread so we can release our pent up feelings.Such good therapy.ftg

That all rings a bell, undoubtedly the local ref who called it off today will be someone from Fishponds or Kingswood..

Weird how things stick in your head, Ron Green was the injured goalie in ‘84 or so.

FTG indeed.

• Like 2

• Admin
52 minutes ago, daored said:

Playing Wycombe, could call it off at 10 in the morning tomorrow and not impact either the away fans or team. Would understand if playing a northern team , could give benefit of doubt but not a club c.100 mile away 

Surely the team would have stayed in Bristol tonight? 

Isn't there a ruling about a home team paying expenses for the away side? 

Certainly wouldn want to be paying out twice