IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They’ll be home on August 12th, because that’s the weekend of the balloon fiesta & we never are home then.

Said this before, if they were really serious then they could develop the Mem one stand at a time, in a smaller version of what we did.

They don’t have the money to do so, though.

Or the motivation of their Billionaire owner to fund it either....

The same Billionaire that Barton has to reign in from spending on Uber transfers for the club ???

Ultimately Wael wants someone else to do all the hard work for him by the looks of it.

Edited by NcnsBcfc

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Problem is the whole of Bristol ( in there words ) is shitehead territory. As mentioned on other threads I don’t know of an area which they have as a stronghold , 

Frampton cotterill , coalpit heath maybe , possibly Cadbury Heath that’s about it I would say .

there old strongholds ie Yate Kingswood Hanham all very much city now 

I was in school Cadbury Heath area & there was always more City then, 06-12. Grange? City. Kingsfield? City. SBL? Don't know.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Always make me laugh the fewers, Fruit market is a great location with great transport links. Be brilliant 

Now it’s not happening apparently it’s, glad it’s not happening, it’s a shithole and shit head territory, wrong side of the river .

Hope they stay in their little shitty ground 

Thing is everywhere in Bristol now is 'Ted territory.......

Only one thing to do,, jog on out of Bristol - again!!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The fact they have announced a new stand (of sorts) with no drawings, planning permission or even a decision on what it is, says all you need to know about the announcement.  They haven't even completed surveys to check if they can actually do anything at all!  They have just thrown the dogs a bone to cheer them up with this.

Nobody with any integrity or common sense would announce anything at all until it was at least agreed what you were planning to build and what it was to look like, and indeed whether you could actually build it at all!

The vagueness of the information combined with completely unrealistic timescales of the start of next season is mind boggling from a CEO!

Todays news that the FM has fallen through confirms that the news of the news stand was 100% announced as they knew the FM had fallen through.  I think this could really see the cat amongst the pigeons with Wael, can't see why any owner would stick around paying out money to keep them afloat with zero chance of a return down the line

4 hours ago, redkev said:

Problem is the whole of Bristol ( in there words ) is shitehead territory. As mentioned on other threads I don’t know of an area which they have as a stronghold , 

Frampton cotterill , coalpit heath maybe , possibly Cadbury Heath that’s about it I would say .

I don't know about that... even Bedminster isn't a strong hold for us Teds anymore because it's full of Londoners!

bluebiro

Club Legend

is ther any heartlands in Bristol anymore?Eastville is certainly not rovers and as for Bedminster you are more likely to bump into London supporting fans then city.the advantage of the fm is that it is accessible to the fan base wherever it is in the city or even the country. All roads railway and public transport links far outweigh anywhere else as a location

#gasĺogic

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yate would probably a good place for them to pitch up the circus .  It’s got a station, it’s expanding massively, is relatively easy to get to from their ever diminishing heartlands, there’s provision for a stadium in the South Glos local plan and it’s miles away from Bristol. 

I live near Yate and don’t want them around here. Like @bcfc01 I would become a nimby.

Better fire the muck spreader up just in case.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

24 minutes ago, PhilC said:

I don't know about that... even Bedminster isn't a strong hold for us Teds anymore because it's full of Londoners!

bluebiro

Club Legend

is ther any heartlands in Bristol anymore?Eastville is certainly not rovers and as for Bedminster you are more likely to bump into London supporting fans then city.the advantage of the fm is that it is accessible to the fan base wherever it is in the city or even the country. All roads railway and public transport links far outweigh anywhere else as a location

#gasĺogic

There has been a huge influx of Londoners in BS3, especially in Southville & Windmill Hill but there are still plenty of City here.

7 minutes ago, Old Rascal said:

I live near Yate and don’t want them around here. Like @bcfc01 I would become a nimby.

Better fire the muck spreader up just in case.

6 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I guess Parkway is hundreds of miles away, along with no public Transport going anywhere near the Mem. 

I honestly can't see them ever moving anywhere else.

They won't/can't buy land and build a new stadium anywhere, because they simply don't have the money to do it.

They also won't go anywhere to groundshare, unless the hosts are just completely stupid and want to lose their ground - let's be fair they have form for it!!

As others have suggested before, their best option is to rebuild their existing pit, stand by stand. It doesn't have to be all at once, and then that way all of the inmates can spread about elsewhere, and wouldn't have to worry about their capacity being capped because of the building works (don't laugh at the back). They own the land, what's stopping them? Oh yeah, money!!

Unless a big investor comes in (and I mean a real investor, not the fake one they have in charge at the moment), I really can't see them ever doing anything major. 

If the finances are there, and let's just say for arguments sake they have the  cash, then they just need to be realistic with a rebuild. They don't need a 20k+ seater, they just need something that will house them comfortably. Then if, and it's a big if, they ever get to the point where they're pushing capacity, you just expand what you've previously done by adding onto it.

If we were in their position and them in ours, I really wouldn't give a crap about having something shiny, new and just as big as them if you're never going to fill it. I'd just be happy with something shiny and new, and not something rusting and likely to blow away if you breathe on it too much!!

Be realistic. However we all know that that is impossible with them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

There has been a huge influx of Londoners in BS3, especially in Southville & Windmill Hill but there are still plenty of City here.

Indeed Graham! In fact only the other day I overheard some cockney rhyming slang in Aldi North Street. Something along the lines of -

"Elephant and Castle, Joey Barton is an ******"...

32 minutes ago, PhilC said:

bluebiro

Club Legend

#gasĺogic

Plenty of Reds still here, mate.

You just won't see us round and about embarrassing ourselves wearing crapkit and desperate for someone to validate our shit lives by telling us we're their favouritist team ever. 

Although I must say the price of a chai latte and vegan croissant on East Street is an absolute outrage these days, darling. 

East Street! 

The game's gone, I tell ya. 

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

There has Graham, but personally I haven't noticed it. I doubt that Sag has even been to Bedminster recently though to be fair.

Slightly off the current issues, when I heard the booing of wigan no11 My initial thought was that he was an ex gashead. Obviously not but it did make me think we now rarely come up against any ex rovers players, they have not produced upwardly moving players for many years now. Don’t want to every see them at the gate but liked the odd player turning up we could all boo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimatno9 said:

Slightly off the current issues, when I heard the booing of wigan no11 My initial thought was that he was an ex gashead. Obviously not but it did make me think we now rarely come up against any ex rovers players, they have not produced upwardly moving players for many years now. Don’t want to every see them at the gate but liked the odd player turning up we could all boo.

James McLean

He would be perfect for Barton & the 15ers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimatno9 said:

Lockyer for Luton is the only one that springs to mind in recent times.

6 hours ago, redkev said:

Well you’re forgetting Fantasy Island, Never Never Land and of course the fact that the majority of them come from a different planet..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 20/02/2023 at 18:19, TheReds said:

Are they looking for land or another Stadium grab?? They want to find one, not build one?

"Gorringe insists the club's priority is finding a new stadium"

Here's two I've found, I think Berwick Rangers is available. Also isn't Scarborough's derelict old dump the McCain Stadium still there, almost intact. (That never put them off before) they could "find" and scab that.

Just now, Swede said:

Here's two I've found, I think Berwick Rangers is available. Also isn't Scarborough's derelict old dump the McCain Stadium still there, almost intact. (That never put them off before) they could "find" and scab that.

Last time I was in Hull the old Boothferry Park was still there. Falling down mind but still there.

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

Surely there must be somewhere they could steal in Baghdad.

They could revert to their old name as well.

”The Cack Arabs”

• Haha 1