IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Taz said:

I honestly can't see them ever moving anywhere else.

They won't/can't buy land and build a new stadium anywhere, because they simply don't have the money to do it.

They also won't go anywhere to groundshare, unless the hosts are just completely stupid and want to lose their ground - let's be fair they have form for it!!

As others have suggested before, their best option is to rebuild their existing pit, stand by stand. It doesn't have to be all at once, and then that way all of the inmates can spread about elsewhere, and wouldn't have to worry about their capacity being capped because of the building works (don't laugh at the back). They own the land, what's stopping them? Oh yeah, money!!

Unless a big investor comes in (and I mean a real investor, not the fake one they have in charge at the moment), I really can't see them ever doing anything major. 

If the finances are there, and let's just say for arguments sake they have the  cash, then they just need to be realistic with a rebuild. They don't need a 20k+ seater, they just need something that will house them comfortably. Then if, and it's a big if, they ever get to the point where they're pushing capacity, you just expand what you've previously done by adding onto it.

If we were in their position and them in ours, I really wouldn't give a crap about having something shiny, new and just as big as them if you're never going to fill it. I'd just be happy with something shiny and new, and not something rusting and likely to blow away if you breathe on it too much!!

Be realistic. However we all know that that is impossible with them.

This is spot on and is the point most methane dwellers seem to miss.

Nobody gets something for nothing and, yes, they want a new stadium but they don't have the money. 

Nobody is stupid enough to build it for them without seeing a profit but the dwellers seem to think it's their right.

Unlucky saggies, just the £50-60M to find.

OTIB FTG.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swede said:

Here's two I've found, I think Berwick Rangers is available. Also isn't Scarborough's derelict old dump the McCain Stadium still there, almost intact. (That never put them off before) they could "find" and scab that.

Even the S*gs could get that, cheap as chips apparently.....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Nice couple if home wins on the Fylde coast. 

Even Fleetwood are above you now Joey and Stanley have games in hand. You only have to be in the bottom 4 at the final whistle of the final game remember 

Has anyone ever managed to do that?

They’d be the laughing stock of the football league if they did…

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, myol'man said:

Nice couple if home wins on the Fylde coast. 

Even Fleetwood are above you now Joey and Stanley have games in hand. You only have to be in the bottom 4 at the final whistle of the final game remember 

So that means Fleetwood must be in what, 5th or 6th to be above Promotion Chasing Bristol Rovers?

56 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

We will win League Two rhymes so much better

The Fewers approach to everything! 

If we ignore the absolute nonsense being written as a suggested chant, why are they constantly trying to get ex players and managers to return? Last year must have been the first time they didn't want to re-sign Barry Hales. It's no wonder they never progress when their ambitions seem to be limited to 'well, they played/managed us a while back, wonder if they'd be up for coming back, they CLEARLY love the club'.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CiderJar said:

We will win League Two rhymes so much better

This can`t be right surely? It must be a gurt Ted posing as one of them. Everyone knows that they are the bestest, most loved fans in the whole wide world and would never, ever turn on their own players or manager. Next thing is there`ll be a fake story going round that they spent an entire game shouting abuse at a young, low on confidence goalie.

#itswhattheydo

Some figures

In 2023 so far total home attendances look like this.

Rovers (5 games) 37462 (av 7492)

City (6 games) 111798 (av 18633)

If you add rugby’s 3 attendances of 45792 to City’s figure, it’s 157589.

To add to the total we have…

tonight’s England Womens game SOLD OUT (c26500)

Championship game v Hull City (c19000)

FA Cup Man City SOLD OUT (c26000)

So roughly c71500 to add.

Rovers have no more home games until March.

Add the c71500 to the 157589 and that is 229089

My conclusion 

The Mem attendances this year up to the end of Feb : 37462

The Gate attendances this year up to the end of Feb : 229089

The differences in revenue generated must be miles apart.

….and yes, I was bored ? 

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Some figures

In 2023 so far total home attendances look like this.

Rovers (5 games) 37462 (av 7492)

City (6 games) 111798 (av 18633)

If you add rugby’s 3 attendances of 45792 to City’s figure, it’s 157589.

To add to the total we have…

tonight’s England Womens game SOLD OUT (c26500)

Chamiopship game v Hull City (c19000)

FA Cup Man City SOLD OUT (c26000)

So roughly c71500 to add.

Rovers have no more home games until March.

Add the c71500 to the 157589 and that is 229089

My conclusion 

The Mem attendances this year up to the end of Feb : 37462

The Gate attendances this year up to the end of Feb : 229089

The differences in revenue generated must be miles apart.

….and yes, I was bored ? 

No wonder the pounders cherry-pick individual away attendances; must be hugely embarrassing for them.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This can`t be right surely? It must be a gurt Ted posing as one of them. Everyone knows that they are the bestest, most loved fans in the whole wide world and would never, ever turn on their own players or manager. Next thing is there`ll be a fake story going round that they spent an entire game shouting abuse at a young, low on confidence goalie.

#itswhattheydo

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxITjOC-Bn2X1CSsa0WstoXGalWYBndCNM

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

These attendance figures also pay tribute to the value of a Desso type pitch which is still looking pretty good despite the heavy use. It is vital that our academy players develop their touch on good surfaces, including the training ground.

Our ground staff deserve a lot of credit. It’s a great surface.

I seem to recall one of the victorious manager visiting the Mem recently (sorry, there are just too many of them to recall which one) remarked about the ‘difficult playing surface which had cut up badly’ which surprised me because every couple of weeks it’s covered in shit, so I would have expected better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2