IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

So for at least the 21st game this season the officials conspired against rovers to stop us winning

???

But if they are everyone's favourite 2nd club, why on earth would the authorities be conspiring against them. It's like either one or both of those statements might be incorrect, it's so confusing for us outsiders. 

• Haha 3

From "Honest" Joe - "for what I think is a yellow card tackle for a bit of frustration from a young player, he gives a straight red card."

The tackle was late, from behind, performed with a scissor motion, likely to injure the opponent... oh and followed up with a headbutt (or putting the forehead forcibly into the face of joe morrell) in the confrontation that inevitably followed.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

Its small minded and belittling. He really should have the good grace and not get involved. These incidents tend to even out over a season. All this really tells us is that he's just as bad as the thug he employs as manager and turns a blind eye to. His silence is quite deafening especially when there's controversy afoot. 

9 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Just seen the “highlights”. Liverpool loanee, Quansah was, I’m sure, sent off for the headbutt he laid on Morrell shortly having kneecapped him. In fairness to Joey, he wouldn’t have seen anything wrong with a Liverpool kiss. 

Or nothing wrong with his 59 year old 92 cap ex International substitute setting a great example to his younger team mates by getting booked on the sidelines.

If you employ someone as controversial as that scouse headbanger who continues to moan about the referees or who publicly ridicules other teams and their coaches, he sets the example for the rest of that club. Its rotten to the core.

I would be pretty ashamed and embarrassed if that was my football club because by supporting it, you are condoning it.

Mind you, I don't have six fingers or more teeth than brain cells.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jesus. Yattongas, post another defeat, is talking of promotion next season. Apparently they only need half a team, and should sign 6 players while losing about 13.

If that level of their squad isn’t up to scratch, they’re in serious strife

57EF19C1-F004-4A1A-B031-A320FC989A86.jpeg

The delusion continues. Also, what’s all the “Division 2/Division 1” nonsense. They have NEVER been in Division 1 and only very rarely in Division 2. If we are using the old names, it’s Division THREE. It’s like when they were non league and it was all “5 tier”. Deluded. 

8 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Watch this interview from the arrogant ***** when they lost at Portsmouth 

Interviewer “second defeat in a week and away from home” ??? - Joey agrees.
The referee gives a penalty to them, contentious!!
Joey says that the lad throws himself on the to floor, the referee gives it.
His Bartonsh*t then says.
“not long after that, an incident down the other end and a stone wall penalty, but the referee doesn’t give it”

Followed by (and a classic in scouse maths)

Tide turns on that – we get to two two (assuming of course, they would have scored the penalty!!!) and we fancy our chances of going on and winning the game.

So in summary, to draw a game, the Barton logic is that you only need to score half as many goals as many goals as the opposition and to win, well who knows?

5 hours ago, zippycar said:

Interviewer “second defeat in a week and away from home” ??? - Joey agrees.
The referee gives a penalty to them, contentious!!
Joey says that the lad throws himself on the to floor, the referee gives it.
His Bartonsh*t then says.
“not long after that, an incident down the other end and a stone wall penalty, but the referee doesn’t give it”

Followed by (and a classic in scouse maths)

Tide turns on that – we get to two two (assuming of course, they would have scored the penalty!!!) and we fancy our chances of going on and winning the game.

So in summary, to draw a game, the Barton logic is that you only need to score half as many goals as many goals as the opposition and to win, well who knows?

To be fair, in respect of the interview, that was when they lost away at Portsmouth.

It is hard to keep up with the scale of defeats and number of whines though.

2 hours ago, Swede said:

I'll be glad when that tinpot going no where club is no more. Its a pathetic waste of a football league place.

this has been said many many times before and i almost agree with you but then i think if it did happen, what team in bristol could we have such a a laugh about and take the piss out of so much?  therefore i always reach the same conclusion that what id really like the most is to see them non league again, that season was a real hoot

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

this has been said many many times before and i almost agree with you but then i think if it did happen, what team in bristol could we have such a a laugh about and take the piss out of so much?  therefore i always reach the same conclusion that what id really like the most is to see them non league again, that season was a real hoot

It's Division 5 if you don't mind, and they loved going to all those new places and were glad to be there.  

They said so. Loyal and true , deluded though too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

I think Yate are trying their best.