IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

When the current Mrs R first moved down we looked at a house here that was being sold by a Gashead.

We got chatting football and I asked him if he got to many home games. 

"The last one was at Twerton when Gerry Francis was managing us ... but I've been to Ashton Gate to see you lot a few times since then!"  :laughcont:

I know just a few Gasheads (thankfully) and not one goes regularly 

They must all be waiting for a trip to Wembley, just like @Robbored ?

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

When the current Mrs R first moved down we looked at a house here that was being sold by a Gashead.

We got chatting football and I asked him if he got to many home games. 

"The last one was at Twerton when Gerry Francis was managing us ... but I've been to Ashton Gate to see you lot a few times since then!"  :laughcont:

There’s hope for him. 

On 24/03/2023 at 13:24, Kodjias Wrist said:

Funny you should mention that but only a couple of gashead mates had season tickets. The other 5 or 6 went to big home games and mostly away games. Apparently thats more the culture for them lot.

It makes sense to mostly go to away games as you visit grounds with decent facilities 

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It makes sense to mostly go to away games as you visit grounds with decent facilities 

And less likely to get salmonella from out of date food.

Also, you would be sure that, as a loyal and true supporter of everyone`s second favourite team, you would be made welcome and not have to buy a drink all day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And less likely to get salmonella from out of date food.

Also, you would be sure that, as a loyal and true supporter of everyone`s second favourite team, you would be made welcome and not have to buy a drink all day.

do they steal everything everywhere?

• Like 1

The Sammy Igoe stand?!? He played 5 minutes for them at the end of his career when he was desperate. If he made that sort of impression in that short time it really does show how 5hit they are.

How much more desperate can you get?

A trainspotting tinpotter.

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sammy Igoe Stand? ?

A bloke more associated with Portsmouth,  Swindon, Reading and Havant & bloody Waterlooville than the Gas

This is one of many things I don’t get about the blue few.

Geoff Bradford was the only Rovers player to play for England whilst with them, I’m also pretty sure he scored on his only appearance.

Mike Barrett died tragically young whilst still a player, Stuart Taylor is their record appearance holder, others like Harold Jarman & Alfie Biggs are legends to them.

None of them have any part of their ramshackle ground named after them, every club, no matter at what level, has stands or standing areas named after people associated with the club the way we do with Atyeo & Dolman.

They don’t even possess the thought process to do this.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Geoff Bradford was the only Rovers player to play for England whilst with them, I’m also pretty sure he scored on his only appearance.

Mike Barrett died tragically young whilst still a player, Stuart Taylor is their record appearance holder, others like Harold Jarman & Alfie Biggs are legends to them.

None of them have any part of their ramshackle ground named after them, every club, no matter at what level, has stands or standing areas named after people associated with the club the way we do with Atyeo & Dolman.

But they do have superb sprayed images of "legends"....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Well done to him creating that despite the inaccuracies compared to the real thing. In fact, so clever they could clearly do with him at the ground to 'keep his hand in' maintaining it.

Some bobbles and puddles on the pitch would improve the realism. Also needs some more canvas:-

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/miniature-tent

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Clearly you’ve forgotten their explosive French winger from the 70’s, Por T’aloo. 

• Haha 11

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Surprised not to see the Dean Windass stand ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

no picture of an old slapper with a queue of customers waiting to have.................................................

whatever you get from an old slapper thats done most of them already

Talking of old slapper, if this one doesn't convince you to buy a season ticket I'm not sure anyone will...

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Talking of old slapper, if this one doesn't convince you to buy a season ticket I'm not sure anyone will...

How many does the Thatchers Stand hold these days? 33 left sounds impressive, but it's difficult to know without know the full figure.

• Like 1