IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 04/04/2023 at 22:09, Barrs Court Red said:

So a loss of £3.7m in the latest accounts. Their future is bleaker than choosing the left overs at 3am jn Chasers. 

Absolutely pathetic, we have Championship crowds, Championship ticket prices, a superb new stadium with facilities such that we earn substantial income beyond just match days and we at least managed to lose £28m.

These guys simply aren't trying.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

• Haha 7

55 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Absolutely pathetic, we have Championship crowds, Championship ticket prices, a superb new stadium with facilities such that we earn substantial income beyond just match days and we at least managed to lose £28m.

These guys simply aren't trying.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

Imagine how much we could have lost if we'd have had PREMIER LEAGUE ready sprinklers.

That would have been a real statement of intent. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BS30 City said:

A Company that is not BRFC buys land, so they think they are a tiny bit closer to a new stadium. In other news, man buys lottery ticket and is a tiny bit closer to winning the lottery.

Nothing to get excited about, look at Ashton Vale. I guess it's more of an advert for Wael to offload the club to potential buyers.... just like he went in when thought the Sainsbury's stadium was happening. Planning then the actual work starting is when they can start creaming themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chowie said:

A Company that is not BRFC buys land, so they think they are a tiny bit closer to a new stadium. In other news, man buys lottery ticket and is a tiny bit closer to winning the lottery.

Nothing to get excited about, look at Ashton Vale. I guess it's more of an advert for Wael to offload the club to potential buyers.... just like he went in when thought the Sainsbury's stadium was happening. Planning then the actual work starting is when they can start creaming themselves.

I think you've missed something chowie. The creaming starts, when you lose a JPT tie away from home whilst singing 'we've got our stadium' and then about a billion years later, all you've got are some clean carpets, a telly you got from uncle Steve , 3 new tents and you've spray painted your toilet doors as a mark of respect to your favourite players.

Unlucky da shit, indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Malago said:

Had to read it twice.  It’s not the Gas that’s bought the Fruit Market site, but an investment company they hope will build them a stadium.

Typical Gas wet dream stuff.

It's desperate even by Gas standards. Nothing has been bought by anyone.

£450k for a 1 year option to explore planning permission for a number of different possible developments with no obligation to acquire the land.

Even Gas say conditional contract. EP having a stormer by reporting investors bought land while linking to press release which says they haven't.

The Board of Conygar announces that Conygar Bristol Limited, a joint venture between Conygar and Urban and City Ltd (owned 80% by the Company and 20% by Urban and City Limited), has acquired an option for £450,000 from Wholesale Bristol Fruit Market Limited to acquire the land at St Philips Marsh where the market is currently located. The site comprises 14.7 acres and is located to the east of Bristol Temple Meads railway station.  The consideration will be funded by Conygar from existing cash resources.

The acquisition is at Conygar's discretion and is subject to the receipt of planning permission for a number of development options. The conditional contract expires on 31 March 2024 in the event that a planning application has not been made by Conygar Bristol Limited for the development of the site. 

So they want planning permission for a number of options or they're buying nothing, just first option.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

It's desperate even by Gas standards. Nothing has been bought by anyone.

£450k for a 1 year option to explore planning permission for a number of different possible developments with no obligation to acquire the land.

Even Gas say conditional contract. EP having a stormer by reporting investors bought land while linking to press release which says they haven't.

So they want planning permission for a number of options or they're buying nothing, just first option.

wow, 2.5 years just to get to that point.

• Haha 1

Theres jumping the gun and then there’s this, they could potentially make themselves look pretty stupid here. As Rob says, they’ve basically paid half a million quid to give themselves a year to explore what may be able to be done. 

I couldn’t imagine a worse place for a ground either. There’s absolutely nothing nearby, compared to the Mem which granted is a shithole but has so much to do nearby drinking wise etc. 

8 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Are this Conygar outfit going to build a stadium, and then GIVE it to the 15ers ?  

I don't think so.

Where is the MONEY coming from Wally ?

I'm not about to plough through their thread but as far as I remember the proposed deal was that Conygar bought the Fruit Market and then built them a, presumably freehold, ground with parking in exchange for the Memoral Stadium and surrounding grounds which Conygar will develop.

It may happen, it may not.  Such complicated developments on brown field sites tend to have fairly fine financial margins and they may end up wanting a balancing payment from Rovers.

Edit: part of my job used to be helping out on the financial side of complex developments, including land swaps and sales, and it could take five years or more before the first demolition crews moved in.

If this took another five years or more to begin to materialise I would not be surprised, or with the new higher interest rates and house prices (and hence profits) falling it may be put on hold.

The key feature to note is that Conygar has not bought the site, it has bought an option to buy the site.  Typically these are extended several times over.

Now it needs to make the funding work.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Are this Conygar outfit going to build a stadium, and then GIVE it to the 15ers ?  

I don't think so.

Where is the MONEY coming from Wally ?

Basically the whole funding of this scheme is dependant on the Memorial ground being redeveloped for housing, and all the funds going to Conygar. They will use that to build the Fruit market, as they have no funds either.

Cue uproar from residents of Horfield when any major housing development planning application comes in. You only have to look at the fun and games Luton have had with a similar proposal, and they actually own both sets of the land.

As it stands the Gas are celebrating a new stadium that has no submitted planning applications or even funding. It's just an agreement to explore the potential together.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

'Over the next few months, we will work with Conygar to play our part in creating a vision for the site'

They don't have a vision yet?

'........ in Nottingham City Centre – a mixed-use scheme for over three million square feet to include new homes, life sciences, grade A office space, creative market, a lifestyle hotel, retail units, student accommodation and associated public realm.'

Sounds like this company have built multi use schemes in the past to get the best return on investment, no mention of a football ground anywhere?

26 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Basically the whole funding of this scheme is dependant on the Memorial ground being redeveloped for housing, and all the funds going to Conygar. They will use that to build the Fruit market, as they have no funds either.

Cue uproar from residents of Horfield when any major housing development planning application comes in. You only have to look at the fun and games Luton have had with a similar proposal, and they actually own both sets of the land.

As it stands the Gas are celebrating a new stadium that has no submitted planning applications or even funding. It's just an agreement to explore the potential together.

I seem to remember that the £30m that Sainsburys were going to pay for the site, was a fair bit higher than it would be worth for housing. Add that Wimbledon's 9,000 capacity ground came in at around £3k per seat,  that would make their 20,000 ground come in at £60-70 million. As they are not selling the ground out and they are losing money a new stadium could be a massive gamble. The only way I see this going is, get outline planning. Basic agreed funding and sell up. Roughly the same position as when Wael took over, they just have to find another enthusiastic Mug.

This tallies with what I was told in January, that Conygar had told Rovers that they had to let them know this year whether they wanted to be involved in the site, or not. 

Conygar are obviously keen to progress things, and have a number of viable development options for the site. One of which includes a new stadium.

The option agreement will apply a bit of time pressure to Rovers and other potential stakeholders. It'll flush out the timewasters, one of whom could certainly be Rovers; as their statement doesn't say much. 

A one year option is interesting, as there's no way they'll get planning permission through in Bristol in that time period. Yes, they can be extended, but one year feels a little light and non-committal for such a large development site. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

From BBC Sport:-

Wael - “The council are pro investment. I see no reason why they shouldn’t be on board with us.”

How will you fund it? - “It’s inappropriate to talk about it at this point.”

If he is talking about the Council investing in their new build can you imagine the feedback ?
During a cost of living crisis, Council Taxes rising , can you imagine the responses .

56 minutes ago, chowie said:

It’s the same ald bollocks from them 

Another company will OWN the land and the “tent huggers” will lease/rent from them 

Own the stadium YES but not the land. 

Look what happened to Coventry 

• Like 1