IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Full of families, shoppers and locals, most of whom will be Red rather than Blue.

They’ll be claiming the Lodekka next. The Hungry Horse chain pub crawl…

What a barrel of laughs that will be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

There's that Craft Beer place just off the Cattle Market Rd if they are happy paying around £7 a pint or it's drinking near TM before walking to the ground, Knights Templar of whatever that pub across the road is called these days. 

Edited by Port Said Red

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Try and claim the Sandringham too which is full of city attire on any day of the week you go in there. The more you think about the whole thing the funnier it is 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BS30 City said:

There isnt many, The Fox, The Thunderbolt across the bridge and I think theres some sport bar that has sprung up in the industrial estate

The Fox is a cafe/b&b now. I’d imagine the Knights Templar would be where they’d likely drink, but could see the OB designating that as an away pub, straight out the station and easy to police that area. 

Not that I can see this happening anytime soon. 

Just now, glynriley said:

The Fox is a cafe/b&b now. I’d imagine the Knights Templar would be where they’d likely drink, but could see the OB designating that as an away pub, straight out the station and easy to police that area. 

Not that I can see this happening anytime soon. 

Yeah i know, they do still serve beer though?! At least they did when i last went a year or so ago. Its a weird cafe / school cantine syle place though 

18 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just getting rid of the portaloos would be a win for the locals you would imagine. What must they smell like in August?

not as bad as a football ground backing onto a stinking sweaty river avon bank mixed with the stench from those huge refuse dumps that are also on the back of the land

• Like 1

• SC&T Board Members
5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Like Leyton Orient with the flats in the corners?

Brisbane Road has a capacity of 9.2k. Much better suited to Rovers given their current gates. Model it on Brisbane road and they might be able to squeeze a tidy little 9-10k seater in amongst the flats and commercial use stuff.

For a bit of fun, I just had a look at the site on Google Maps and copied and pasted aerial shots of the Mem (also from Google Maps, same scale) onto it.

As you can see, the site is actually quite large (assuming my yellow lines correctly demaracate the boundaries), with space to spare even if you put two Mem stadiums onto it.

Fruit market site BRFC.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

For a bit of fun, I just had a look at the site on Google Maps and copied and pasted aerial shots of the Mem (also from Google Maps, same scale) onto it.

As you can see, the site is actually quite large (assuming my yellow lines correctly demaracate the boundaries), with space to spare even if you put two Mem stadiums onto it.

It is a large area, however by the time you build a car park you will lose a fair bit. Then you take away space for what the developers need to build to actually make money and there isn't a lot left. If money is tight they could build with canvas, sure I have seen that done before somewhere? ?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

How many Brisbane Roads can you fit on the site?

I presume that any new stadium would be intended to have full all seater stands, fully roofed and with integrated concourses. I also presume that takes a bigger footprint than tents and temporary bleacher seating?

33 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Is that the whole development site or the bit set aside for the stadium?

56 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is that the whole development site or the bit set aside for the stadium?

11 minutes ago, old parkender said:

I’m intrigued about that! If that’s the whole site,rovers would require approx 60% of it to build a 20k stadium. 

It will be a squeeze for any development, with or without a stadium, by the time access roads are added. I wonder if the 1 year option Conygar have taken is to see if they can persuade some of those satellite businesses to sell up as well. e.g. those on Albert Rd at the bottom of that picture?

I think the Fruit Market site is not totality of the development- which amongst other things has had things like a cinema proposed (strange, as showcase is only up the road) 

Getting planning permission to build houses on the Mem will be an absolute doddle, so I can certainly see this happening, though ownership, and whose taking what from any stadium revenue streams will probably be very interesting. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

Do the same with our ground over the fruit market land. Include the car parks. Be interesting to see as they are looking at a stadium with the same footprint. 

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

Is this a projection onto the fruit market site or the Leyton Orient site? 

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

How many Brisbane Roads can you fit on the site?

I presume that any new stadium would be intended to have full all seater stands, fully roofed and with integrated concourses. I also presume that takes a bigger footprint than tents and temporary bleacher seating?

Two.

Brisbane Road, including flats, x2 on the fruit market site.

Fruit market site BRFC 2.jpg

21 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Do the same with our ground over the fruit market land. Include the car parks. Be interesting to see as they are looking at a stadium with the same footprint. 

Coming up shortly...

• Thanks 1

• SC&T Board Members
38 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Here you go. AG fits nicely, with plenty of space for parking (if that's what they wanted to use the space for).

Fruit market site BRFC 3.jpg

• Like 1