IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sheffield playing with a pair of Bristols tonight. 

On the Blades forum someone posted that this was the first time the Sheffield teams had played Bristol'steam on the same day. Any stattos know different?

As the Sheffield Supertram goes as far as Rotherham how about R'ham and Weds or Utd on the same day?

13 hours ago, nickolas said:

Barton - ‘the lino has guessed, as they do at this level’. 
‘when i saw the ref i knew we were in for it’. 

My god this bloke simply cannot take a defeat. I swear he blames officials after every loss!! ????

Love hearing his awful excuses. The man is a clown ??

14 hours ago, nickolas said:

Barton - ‘the lino has guessed, as they do at this level’. 
‘when i saw the ref i knew we were in for it’. 

My god this bloke simply cannot take a defeat. I swear he blames officials after every loss!! ????

Using the 6 yard line as a guide, I would have thought he was clearly offside, how Barton can see better from roughly the same position but at pitch level I have no idea. 

As far as "playing the right kind of football" only one of those goals last night was route one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 22A said:

On the Blades forum someone posted that this was the first time the Sheffield teams had played Bristol'steam on the same day. Any stattos know different?

As the Sheffield Supertram goes as far as Rotherham how about R'ham and Weds or Utd on the same day?

1/23 chance of getting Sheff Utd at x date, they also have a 1/23 chance of getting Wednesday, both at the same time is (1/23)*(1/23) = 1/529

I'm sure you could add two games a season + different divisions + more variables for a better average, but that seems somewhat accurate

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

1/23 chance of getting Sheff Utd at x date, they also have a 1/23 chance of getting Wednesday, both at the same time is (1/23)*(1/23) = 1/529

I'm sure you could add two games a season + different divisions + more variables for a better average, but that seems somewhat accurate

I would say that the chances of it happening at least once this season were a lot shorter than that. We have 2 opportunities to play shuff u at 100% likelihood, on each of those opportunities there would be a 1/23 chance of rovers and wednesday also playing so 1/23 + 1/23 so I make it a 2/23 or 1/11.5 probability. This ignores international weekends and weekends when the fixtures don't allign. It's probably more a case that rovers are rarely at a similar level so it doesn't occur.

On a different topic, I heard that joey had some afters in the tunnel after the game with the officials and was shown a red card so should face a touchline ban. Not entirely sure on how accurate as it was relayed 2nd hand to me.