IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Rovers had one player go off with concussion giving them an extra sub.

They used seven subs, five were as normal, the 6th was a concussion sub.

Unless Bolton also subbed a player with concussion, giving both teams an extra sub, Rovers appear to have used one sub too many.

Bolton's manager said after the match they only picked up one injury a hamstring. Nothing about a concussion.

30 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Rovers had one player go off with concussion giving them an extra sub.

They used seven subs, five were as normal, the 6th was a concussion sub.

Unless Bolton also subbed a player with concussion, giving both teams an extra sub, Rovers appear to have used one sub too many.

I think there’s been a **** up and they’ve used one too many. But surely all of the management staff and the ref and the fourth official can’t all get it wrong??

11 hours ago, Tyna said:

Bolton's manager said after the match they only picked up one injury a hamstring. Nothing about a concussion.

Maybe they found out he have concussion after he came off when the player referred to the tents as a 'stand'?

• Haha 2

Just now, Laner said:

Maybe they found out he have concussion after he came off when the player referred to the tents as a 'stand'?

One of their coaching staff held up his hand and asked “how many fingers am I holding up”, he didn’t say 6 so they had to bring him off.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Wow! The season has only been over for one day and they are already making incredible progress on the new stand ...

construction-site-square.jpg

In fairness to them the Family enclosure is progressing well

tent-types.webp

• Haha 3

If I read a post on their forum correctly, they are going to start to dismantle the temporary stands they have at the moment in anticipation of the new stand going in.

So either they have had the nod from the planners there won't be any issue, or they are oddly confident that everything will be fine.

This could be classic #GasLogic

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If I read a post on their forum correctly, they are going to start to dismantle the temporary stands they have at the moment in anticipation of the new stand going in.

So either they have had the nod from the planners there won't be any issue, or they are oddly confident that everything will be fine.

Well it is quite breezy today, I suggest they just stay at home and let nature take its course.

If they don't get planning permission then just put them back up again in August.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

That’s a fairly standard procedure, to proceed at risk.

I am more than happy to take the piss but I’d be amazed if a structure of similar height doesn’t get formally approved in the end.

If they wait until it was officially approved they’d lose a lot of the summer.

It will still look shit, though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I am more than happy to take the piss but I’d be amazed if a structure of similar height doesn’t get formally approved in the end.

Indeed, but as @bert tann pointed out, the (admittedly rudimentary and amateurish) illustration they published appeared to show a structure almost twice the height of the existing tents. 

That's got to have a pretty big impact on the neighbourhood, so if due process is followed, it can't happen overnight.

If, on the other hand, they bully their way through the 'red tape', blaming NIMBYs and backward-looking councillors for any obstruction, I imagine gashead Marv will be able to expedite the necessary consents with near-miraculous speed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

it will be funny as fnuck if they don't get planning .

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1