IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I never knew it was so high up compared to surrounding area. How were there ever any draining issues?

the heavy rain washed a load of shit down the drains and blocked them, so much so they didnt have enough shit left to make up a full team

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Isnt their plan to build a stand as big as the Atyeo? 

This is a point, relevant I think, to the planning application. I didn't realise the ground over looked nearby property so much either, never having been there. If the ground was in a dip, raising the roof height would be less likely to cause complaint by the neighbours, but if the new roof height affected the sky line then they can't just assume that planning permission is a given. Maybe that is why they are in constant touch with the council, to avoid refusal and delays.

I am guessing that the new stand will move a lot nearer the goal so that the roof line will be at a lower angle relative to nearby houses.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

This is a point, relevant I think, to the planning application. I didn't realise the ground over looked nearby property so much either, never having been there. If the ground was in a dip, raising the roof height would be less likely to cause complaint by the neighbours, but if the new roof height affected the sky line then they can't just assume that planning permission is a given. Maybe that is why they are in constant touch with the council, to avoid refusal and delays.

I am guessing that the new stand will move a lot nearer the goal so that the roof line will be at a lower angle relative to nearby houses.

Normally, a lot of work on computers would be undertaken to calculate angles between properties to ensure any potential loss of light is calculated and design adjusted to ensure ‘acceptable levels’. Additionally, detailed analysis would normally be done to ensure anybody new development is not  ‘overbearing’ on neighbouring properties.

An alternative approach, to quote myself at a public inquiry ‘this development was designed on the back of a fag packet, the only problem being they didn’t even manage that’. 

Wonder which design method has been adopted for The Sags Cow Shed?

4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Normally, a lot of work on computers would be undertaken to calculate angles between properties to ensure any potential loss of light is calculated and design adjusted to ensure ‘acceptable levels’. Additionally, detailed analysis would normally be done to ensure anybody new development is not  ‘overbearing’ on neighbouring properties.

An alternative approach, to quote myself at a public inquiry ‘this development was designed on the back of a fag packet, the only problem being they didn’t even manage that’. 

Wonder which design method has been adopted for The Sags Cow Shed?

It’ll be a random bloke just “keeping his hand in”, shielding his eyes from the sun and sighing “it’ll be reet”.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JBFC II said:

It may come as a surprise, but this is a football stadium for a league one club...

img_2_1685045174457.jpg

Can't wait to watch the highlights next season, just to see their goalkeeper climbing that tree to retrieve the ball..

• Haha 4

Just seen they’ve announced a new deal for someone who’s hardly played for the last few years due to injury.

Would say that’s not exactly a great sign that they’re confident in bringing in what they want….given Barton says they aren’t “running a charity” then give a new deal to someone who didn’t kick a ball last season!