IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, RedRock said:

Think Council’s in the past had the power to CPO land ‘for the proper planning of the area’. Uncertain whether that power still exists. If the ‘Sporting Quarter and the Region’s premier entertainment facility was fully backed by the local Councils, with a bit of creative thinking, that power - or others available in the administrative toolbox - could prove to have some leverage in the matter. 

I’ve always found where there’s a will, there is invariably a way. Seems to me that nobody can be arsed to put any effort in to resolving the issue or supporting the only real decent sporting and entertainment facility in the South West. Typical of the mentality of those in control.  Compare and contrast the relative ease by which Exeter Chief’s Sandy Park gets supported….major pedestrian road bridge and link to nearby station, junction works, hotel, close P&R, trains, entertainment licences, stadium development …the list goes on. 

Ever tried to park near the football ground in Exeter,the rugby ground was built on a  more or less  blank canvas,so not as straight forward as you say.

2 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Ever tried to park near the football ground in Exeter,the rugby ground was built on a  more or less  blank canvas,so not as straight forward as you say.

On readiung this, the hierarchy at rovers will be adding it to their list of places they can "squat on and then nick"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I see Connor Wickham has been released by Crapdiff. Fair chance the Blue Few will be sniffing around I reckon...

For clarification I am NOT ITK...?

Pretty sure Wickham would swiftly put the collective sniffy gas nose out of joint should they enquire.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-set-make-former-8519072

This makes sense on a certain level, if Wilson wants to return to the area, but I would have thought there were better options out there for him.

He’s 35 next season, so my guess is he has been offered longer by them than by Plymouth.

He’s from this part of the world (Chepstow) so makes sense, plus he’s going to find League One a darn sight easier than the Championship these days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He’s 35 next season, so my guess is he has been offered longer by them than by Plymouth.

He’s from this part of the world (Chepstow) so makes sense, plus he’s going to find League One a darn sight easier than the Championship these days.

2 hours ago, Mayes86 said:

Jesus Christ that article is making out their about to sign Bobby Moore in his prime. 

I liked Wilson when he was with us and thought he would be a top player but for whatever reason it never worked out that way for him. 

Agreed, had a look on their forum and it’s a ‘statement of intent’ apparently….

Hes 34 and just wants to move home. And will probably no doubt be one of their top earners!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-set-make-former-8519072

This makes sense on a certain level, if Wilson wants to return to the area, but I would have thought there were better options out there for him.

Quote 'with the Gas stealing him'.

Sound familiar?

Edited by Open End Numb Legs

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Quote 'with the Gas stealing him'.

Sound familiar?

It makes it sound like Argyle were desperate to keep a 34 year old defender with very limited Championship experience. I am surprised they haven't gone down the route of saying how it's put our noses out of joint and we are all fuming about him going there.

How low have you fallen boys? Taking a player we rejected as a lad in the final stages of his career and acting like it's a coup.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It makes it sound like Argyle were desperate to keep a 34 year old defender with very limited Championship experience. I am surprised they haven't gone down the route of saying how it's put our noses out of joint and we are all fuming about him going there.

How low have you fallen boys? Taking a player we rejected as a lad in the final stages of his career and acting like it's a coup.

Yes, some coup.  From the bare facts Plymouth were happy to keep him on as a reserve defender for another year but were offering lower wages than a mid-table L1 club was prepared to pay.

I doubt that Plymouth's manager will be crying himself to sleep tonight as the "second major piece" of his team departs.

The 34-year-old is out of contract at Home Park this summer and the Gas have presented him with a longer and more financially appealing contract than the one offered to him by Plymouth who could now lose the second major piece of their title-winning side after Niall Ennis joined Blackburn Rovers last month.

• Haha 11

You can just feel the bitterness in the air from over the river. 3 great signings, 2 for solid money, and already rumours of a 4th. Their first marquee signing is a 34 year old who probably only wants to be there to be closer to home. 

Only 12 more signings to go for our Joe. Pre-season camp meals will be cheap for the club to put together at this rate, at least. 

3 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I think you are all missing the advantages of signing a 34 year old. No good signing a promising 24 yo who can't handle an allen key and flat pack furniture. The new stand must be due for delivery any time now and a 34 yo will have had experience in getting by when the diagrams don't match the parts. Great signing.

I’m looking forward to viewing the Stand Cam similar to what we had for the ground redevelopment and the HPC. 

Surprised it’s not up and running already showing the prep work being carried out?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I’m looking forward to viewing the Stand Cam similar to what we had for the ground redevelopment and the HPC. 

Surprised it’s not up and running already showing the prep work being carried out?

It's already there, but to give a sense of progress, it will only take a photo once a month. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s via subscription only just like everything they show on their screen.

Bristol R*vers Fans only site won't pay for the new ground, you'd just get them all sharing one account like they did with season tickets.

20 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Bristol R*vers Fans only site won't pay for the new ground, you'd just get them all sharing one account like they did with season tickets.

My god, I initially read that as Bristol Rovers Only Fans, and now I think I'm going to have to gouge out with a rusty spoon not only my eyes but also my brain. So thanks for that.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1