IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

They’ll be in for Greenwood next.

Just a small point I guess, but are you aware Mason Greenwood had all charges against him dropped by the CPS? Yet you chose to associate him with certain activities to make a case as to why Rovers may employ him?

It’s always dangerous to call out people online when you have no evidence of their alleged misdemeanours, especially when they subsequently have all charges against them dropped.

A work colleague of mine got into serious bother when he re-tweeted a false allegation against an MP - the politician concerned instructed his legal team to go after everyone who had defamed him online - on every social media platform ... it’s the way of the world just now ... it’s a minefield out there ... 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

As you (rightly) point out, after Simpson we are in no position to mock here.

It does seem like a very, very, strange signing.

We, and anyone else, are absolutely within our rights to mock. 

This signing completely contradicts the image they have of themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just a small point I guess, but are you aware Mason Greenwood had all charges against him dropped by the CPS? Yet you chose to associate him with certain activities to make a case as to why Rovers may employ him?

It’s always dangerous to call out people online when you have no evidence of their alleged misdemeanours, especially when they subsequently have all charges against them dropped.

A work colleague of mine got into serious bother when he re-tweeted a false allegation against an MP - the politician concerned instructed his legal team to go after everyone who had defamed him online - on every social media platform ... it’s the way of the world just now ... it’s a minefield out there ... 

Whether the CPS dropped the charges or not is largely irrelevant in so far as it concerns the truth.

As I am sure you are aware, the reason the CPS sometimes decide not to prosecute is generally based on whether they consider a conviction is likely and, occasionally, whether proceeding to trial is in the public interest.

In the Mason Greenwood case, not only did the main witness, i.e. his girlfriend, refuse to testify, but she was also back living with MG and, indeed, was pregnant with his child - she may now have even given birth.

If you have seen and heard the video of the ‘alleged’ assault, I am sure you will be able to judge whether or not MG is the sort of young man you might welcome as a son-in-law.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 6
  • Flames 3

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

As you (rightly) point out, after Simpson we are in no position to mock here.

It does seem like a very, very, strange signing.

Hadn't Simpson been prosecuted though?  Not excusing it, (can't, it's indefensible), but if someone has served their sentence, the slate is supposed to be wiped clean.  Also, the victim on the Simpson case was saying it was over-hyped, this victim is putting herself through the ordeal of a trial.  Not saying Simpson was OK by any stretch, just that this is a different situation.

16 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Another signing that looks delighted to be there ?

8A37EE16-6E11-4A7C-AFD5-24331212CDE5.jpeg

His face tells the story as reality hits "Is this really it, no other offers and I'm left with a few tents and plastic chairs and a manager who didn't want me in the first place. I'm sacking that agent

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is interesting.

”By all probability we all stand next to a wife beater/paedo on the terraces every Saturday too”

Just think about that, this is from someone who goes to their games. ?‍♂️?

Doesn’t say much about the average Gashead does it? 

DDF1D256-BA57-46C9-A513-8130415D7D45.jpeg

Well it does, they all beat wives.

24 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

For fairness 

IMG_0573.png

Indeed.

And let's be fair here, I expect that the majority of Rovers' playing and coaching staff have never been in court for assault.

The Evening Post should be highlighting the good guys that they have on their books instead of repeatedly focusing upon the many criminals in their employ.

I suspect that the BEP sports department is staffed by City fans given how often they keep printing stories about Rovers' players and staff being arrested.

• Haha 2

On 20/06/2023 at 11:55, richwwtk said:

This guy certainly seems to not have a lot in terms of experience or qualifications for an in depth role at a football club.

He went into Fleetwood as a 'consultant' and somehow bagged the DoF role while there. And is now just hanging around in the background for the fewers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/eddy-jennings-joey-barton-bristol-7107802?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ex-footballer-accused-calling-pc-neil-9600614.amp

Small world, isn’t it?

Was just looking up something about their Chief Scout Christopher Spendlove & the court case that saw him get off & Barton’s good mate Andrew Taylor sentenced to prison for the manslaughter of a policeman, and you’ll never guess who appears as a defence witness? Eddie Jennings..

Lovely people.

Not a Merseyside crime syndicate, no, not at all..

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I must admit this signing made me have some degree of pride when reading through gaschat, a number of them rightly not happy. 

This is my favourite input though…

apparently he’s comfortable with it if he just spat at her!

99D1CAE4-53B0-4C13-AFEA-E4E31D7F8010.jpeg

What a charmer! 

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is interesting.

”By all probability we all stand next to a wife beater/paedo on the terraces every Saturday too”

Just think about that, this is from someone who goes to their games. ?‍♂️?

Doesn’t say much about the average Gashead does it? 

DDF1D256-BA57-46C9-A513-8130415D7D45.jpeg

Absolutely classic Gash......................does he actually realise what he's just said ?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Absolutely classic Gash......................does he actually realise what he's just said ?

You know that thing people say sometimes about how you’re never more than 6 feet away from a rat….

This Gashead is literally saying that at the Mem you’re never more than a few feet away from a Wife Beater or a ‘Paedo’ ?

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

48 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

An amusing read for a Sunday afternoon:-

https://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/21150/failed

My 7 yr old wants to see the s**t...

What do I do

Possibly the best response? ...

"I would be inclined to take them to a s**t preseason game, where the standard of play and atmosphere is usually poor, and then take them to a big game down at the Mem where its likely to be rocking."

That would really fool them! "Big game down at the Mem????"

I liked the one that took his kid to away games only to get him into the gas before he got to see the horrors of the memorial ground

• Haha 4