Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

An amusing read for a Sunday afternoon:-

https://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/21150/failed

My 7 yr old wants to see the s**t...

What do I do

Possibly the best response? ...

"I would be inclined to take them to a s**t preseason game, where the standard of play and atmosphere is usually poor, and then take them to a big game down at the Mem where its likely to be rocking."

That would really fool them! "Big game down at the Mem????"

Quite clearly a sensible child. Having found out watching the gash he will be stood next to a paedo each match he’s opted for the safer option.

• Haha 12

I find it encouraging that so many of them are seeing it fit to admit on their forum that their kids want to go to Ashton Gate because all their mates are.

It shows just how much their fanbase must be ageing with little or no new blood coming in to follow them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I find it encouraging that so many of them are seeing it fit to admit on their forum that their kids want to go to Ashton Gate because all their mates are.

It shows just how much their fanbase must be ageing with little or no new blood coming in to follow them.

It does seem like the only young fans that they get these days are those who have been forced to go by their deluded parents.

They’re forced into a Rovers baby grow before the umbilical cord has had a chance to be cut.

“I took my boy from when he was 18 months” and there you have it. So desperate that they’ll drag a baby there before they even know what day of the week it is?! ? 

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 1

From Swiss Gas, who I am sure is very close to @bert tann.

From the newspaper Schweiz am Sonntag

“Former Serbian under 21 international Slobodan “ big head” Lob is set to sign for English League 1 side Bristol Rovers. The attacking midfielder who can operate on the far right or far left was released by FC Sins following an incident in a Liga 3 game against Kickers Luzern when he was sent off for stabbing an opponent to death. Sources close to the deal say it will not be affected by Lob’s upcoming appearance before the European Court at The Hague where he is accused of crimes against humility.”

• Haha 12

13 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

It does seem like the only young fans that they get these days are those who have been forced to go by their deluded parents.

They’re forced into a Rovers baby grow before the umbilical cord has had a chance to be cut.

“I took my boy from when he was 18 months” and there you have it. So desperate that they’ll drag a baby there before they even know what day of the week it is?! ? 

A Fewer (and I have probably mentioned this before), who I used to use the same pub as, was struggling to get his kids interested in following Rovers, they'd watch sport on the telly, but for reasons he had nothing to do with, got in to Basketball.

He has taken them to a few Flyers games and reluctantly admitted him, the kids and his wife all really enjoy it.

He draws the line at taking them to Ashton Gate for football or Rugby (which I can understand), but the kids just hate going to the Mem. Possibly because it's not a nice environment to watch sport in, but I would hazard that they have been spoilt by looking at tentless stadiums on the telly. Either way, they are showing no interest in going to watch Rovers.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

An amusing read for a Sunday afternoon:-

https://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/21150/failed

My 7 yr old wants to see the s**t...

What do I do

Possibly the best response? ...

"I would be inclined to take them to a s**t preseason game, where the standard of play and atmosphere is usually poor, and then take them to a big game down at the Mem where its likely to be rocking."

That would really fool them! "Big game down at the Mem????"

Er. . . I wouldn't use the term rocking as that implies a sound solid structure. I'm thinking bellowing as in flapping tents in the wind. The only thing rocking would be the webbed feet morons to and fro & frothing at the mouth until they're stuck to a window.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Swede said:

Er. . . I wouldn't use the term rocking as that implies a sound solid structure. I'm thinking bellowing as in flapping tents in the wind. The only thing rocking would be the webbed feet morons to and fro & frothing at the mouth until they're stuck to a window.

A tent full of paedos and wife beaters, huddled together eating stale crisps and drinking out of date Fanta whilst shouting racist and offensive abuse.

And one of them wonders why his child wants to go to Ashton Gate...?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/06/2023 at 20:26, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

According to someone on Facebook they’re about to sign Jevani Brown who is up in Court next month for beating up a woman. 

If their preseason friendlies include a chap called ‘Trialist’, we’ll immediately know who it is!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

If their preseason friendlies include a chap called ‘Trialist’, we’ll immediately know who it is!

From henceforth they’ll still be BRFC, but will be officially renamed Bristol Remanders FC.

Top 6 guaranteed as they’ll bully and assault their way to the top of league one.

The ground is being renamed ‘The Priory’

What a basket case of a club! The gift ? 

18 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Sometimes it's easy to think we might overreact to the happenings at Rovers because of our rivalry. 

But on this and Barton and even as far back as Agogo they come out of it looking pretty effing appalling. 

The @jbcfc__ twitter account has been finding some absolutely ridiculous tweets from Barton that demonstrate his misogyny is deep routed. 

I'm fairly confident that if such a man led this club we'd be far more vociferous in our condemnation. I think the response to Danny Simpson showed that and his case was far more nuanced than that of Brown and Barton.

The growth of the women's game and female participation in the men's game have been absolutely brilliant for the sport over the last few years. Clubs like Rovers remain a massive hindrance to that progress. Absolutely despise them. 

Glen Humphries?

The sad fact is that society is littered with people who have a propensity towards violence. I suspect every team has had such a player, we just didn't always get to hear about it. 

6 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Morning Chaps/Chapesses,

Long time no speak. Thought I’d drop in to see what was happening, bit quiet in the world of BRFC isn’t it? 

I’m officially done with this club now and consider myself an ex-supporter. Done with the constant bullshit from the Merseyside Mafia and every decision that’s made being further and further away from the club I grew to love, that used to be a genuine family club (stop laughing). 

Barton can do what he likes for all I care now, the reaction from a lot of fans shows me they deserve him and his band of merry *****. 

Rivalry aside I hope you’re all keeping well, and if anyone can help change my profile name from ‘Fordingbridge Pirate’ to ‘Former Pirate’…!

Much love,

FP

Hello F.P., always good to hear from you.

Do you post on ass-shat or ass-heads; and if so, what names do you post under ?

You might want to change to Former Pirate on either or both, it will spark a reaction, for sure ! ?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Morning Chaps/Chapesses,

Long time no speak. Thought I’d drop in to see what was happening, bit quiet in the world of BRFC isn’t it? 

I’m officially done with this club now and consider myself an ex-supporter. Done with the constant bullshit from the Merseyside Mafia and every decision that’s made being further and further away from the club I grew to love, that used to be a genuine family club (stop laughing). 

Barton can do what he likes for all I care now, the reaction from a lot of fans shows me they deserve him and his band of merry *****. 

Rivalry aside I hope you’re all keeping well, and if anyone can help change my profile name from ‘Fordingbridge Pirate’ to ‘Former Pirate’…!

Much love,

FP

You can change your name once every year under your account settings.

• Thanks 1

Obviously posted in jest, but (on the subject of his child wanting to follow City) I thought this was quite amusing:

For heavens sake … he is only seven - you haven’t had him around that long.

Drive him to a camp site in South Bristol and swap him for a puppy.

You will forget him in no time - think of all the fun you can have with a puppy- will be great at ball games as well and definitely more loyal.

In a few months time when we are riding high in L1 you will have forgotten what all the fuss was about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Morning Chaps/Chapesses,

Much love,

FP

Always welcome here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Hello F.P., always good to hear from you.

Do you post on ass-shat or ass-heads; and if so, what names do you post under ?

You might want to change to Former Pirate on either or both, it will spark a reaction, for sure ! ?

No - in fact there’s a thread on there titled ‘Fordingbridge’ dedicated to little old me and calling out the clubs bollocks on Twitter ?

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Before my time and I'm in my 30's... not even sure what the story is with that but the key bit is he wasn't the Manager or leader of the club.

And yes, we had a few of ours sent to Prison in my lifetime. But your fans seem to worship Joey Barton, a psychopath who has only avoided killing a few people through sheer luck. 

A vile bigoted bully. I'd not engage with Bristol City for as long as someone like him remained in charge or the owners who employed him. 

I'd like to also add, the owners, who continually cast a blind eye to anything that goes on and therefore condone it as well. Any parent taking their children to a place knowing all that must seriously think again.

Family club, I don't think so.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Morning Chaps/Chapesses,

Much love,

FP

I don't support any one man at the club now or who has ever been at the club. I support Bristol Rovers and I always will. There may possibly  come a time I no longer attend matches- although I doubt that- but I could never describe myself as an 'ex-supporter', it kinda goes against everything about what being a fan of any club is. City fans have the expression 'City as ****' and I totally get it, I suspect you don't or ever will.

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't support any one man at the club now or who has ever been at the club. I support Bristol Rovers and I always will. There may possibly  come a time I no longer attend matches- although I doubt that- but I could never describe myself as an 'ex-supporter', it kinda goes against everything about what being a fan of any club is. City fans have the expression 'City as ****' and I totally get it, I suspect you don't or ever will.

Nope I’m just sick and tired of what the club has become and cannot or will not ever, ever support anything to do with Joey Barton. The latest news just backs up my view. This isn’t the club it was when I first became a fan. It’s a rich man’s plaything and he doesn’t give a toss about any of you. 

But sure, you can be as condescending as you like. I just have morals. 

• Like 6

Just now, Percy Pig said:

Your position is admirable and correct. In a reversed situation I would have to take a hiatus until such a time that everyone complicit in the employment of a rampant thug had left the club. 

He hasn't taken a hiatus, he is done with the club, his choice obviously- would you do the same?

23 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

No - in fact there’s a thread on there titled ‘Fordingbridge’ dedicated to little old me and calling out the clubs bollocks on Twitter ?

You are not alone in seeing the light….

IMG_2986.thumb.jpeg.7b922fbb5ad15824842a9e0533040fa6.jpeg

All banter aside I’d have serious concerns if this was the way things were going at City.

Looking at it without blue-tinted specs it seems like the only way Rovers can mount a serious challenge in League One is to pick up flawed players on the scrounge and put some sort of rehabilitation spin on it. Smacks of a club without a pot to piss in who will sink as low as you can go as long as it’s done on the ‘cheap’.

At the same time the lines being fed to the supporters are that the club is on the up, serious about a top 6 challenge and hard to hold back Wael from splashing the cash on players.

The fruit market appears to be another non starter and it’s all about trying to find someone else to fund it or lease it for years for free and the only progression appears to be the consultancy that Rovers are ‘talking to’ have paid to assess the site. This is how it appears to me. Just feeding the fans bullshit and then not too far in the distance there is yet more controversial news that reflects negatively on the club.

To top it off you keep giving us Ted’s plenty to take the piss out of. Must be uncomfortable to be a Gashead, humiliating and embarrassing.

Not surprised that you’ve become disillusioned by it all fella. It’s hard to completely give up on a club once it’s in your blood though. Red or Blue!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

He hasn't taken a hiatus, he is done with the club, his choice obviously- would you do the same?

I don’t think you can ever be done with the club you chose to support, but you might take a break from it if you felt that the club was in the wrong hands.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Might just be me but I don't recall ever hearing that expression. Is it new? old? on social media alot? 

Maybe it's just my City mates then. I was pretty friendly with Mark , AKA 'Divvy' although I never called him that in my life, and he certainly used to use the term and I have seen 'CAF' on tee shirts . Possibly it was something he said and others picked up on it? Anyway, it's a good expression :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Jailbird Joey and the Merseyside Crime Syndicate are gonna assist with Jevani Brown's rehabilitation (should he be found guilty) are they?

Brilliant! In the same vein I'm gonna ask the McCann's to do some babysitting for me, and ask Harold Shipman to keep an eye on a couple of elderly relatives.

**** me...?‍♂️

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Nothing wrong with Fordingbridge, lovely little place, just drop Pirate.

• Like 1