IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, David Brent said:

“If you look at the city, we are the people’s club of Bristol, hard-working, give everything you’ve got, a community club, authentic, unbelievable fans,

Ah, the people's club claim as an excuse for being crap. Otherwise known as the Everton Delusion.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

Funny how he stopped responding to getting called out and moved on to something else, isn't it? As if he has no clear evidence for his weird fantasy...

City / the police proved he was a lying piece of crap!

As for the gasheads calling the bullshitting pr@t out for being a pathological liar, fair play to them. ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

City / the police proved he was a lying piece of crap!

As for the gasheads calling the bullshitting pr@t out for being a pathological liar, fair play to them. ?

JulieH (liason officer at the time) also offered to speak to him and/or the "victim" on more than one occasion as well I believe. 

Henbury Ass. Even disliked by his own kind - that tells you everything you need to know about him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taz said:

JulieH (liason officer at the time) also offered to speak to him and/or the "victim" on more than one occasion as well I believe. 

Henbury Ass. Even disliked by his own kind - that tells you everything you need to know about him.

I think the fella has serious issues TBH, shocking actions from a supposedly sane grown man. I'm past laughing at the berk and am starting to feel sorry for him. 'Look at me, look at me, I make stuff up to try and make myself popular'.

Certainly needs assessing as he must be on the spectrum somewhere (with all possible respect for those with any kind of issue).

• Like 1

How does the fake sheikh square this comment from a couple of years ago , having now signed a player who has plead guilty to assault…? Joseph has obviously converted him to the dark side. These things take time.

In an open letter on Rovers website, president Wael al-Qadi said the club had "in no way meant to belittle charges of domestic abuse" and "we stand firmly against any form of violence". 

He said any club employees who are convicted of such offences "will be dismissed immediately" and said he understood concerns that had been raised by supporters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-57990366

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Thanks to Henbury Gas, it had a happy ending!

HenburyGas-Attack02.jpg.d021d319a95fd7023175a15cd42b90bf.jpg

Making up lies for other gullible Slagheads to lap up without question and they think that makes them superior ?

Worth mentioning as well that it was later claimed that the disabled City fan who was supposedly viscously attacked in front of 19k fans, stewards, cops and dozens of CCTV cameras had teeth ‘knocked out’. 

To this day no witnesses, no report to the club or Police, nothing.

10 hours ago, Taz said:

There were plenty on Slagchat who were desperate to believe what he was saying despite the lack of any evidence. Absolutely tragic behaviour from that forum in general bar the one or two who thought it sounded suspicious. 

Meanwhile the story on Twitter about an elderly Gashead giving up his ST because of the abuse he kept getting from fellow fans at the Mem has been ignored.

1F9E1407-E11B-4810-8426-DCBC2B5DD830.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

It’s a shame Twentyman has retired. I could have absolutely seen him, when Wally came on the radio, reminding him of the prior statement about sacking those convicted of assault and asking him simply “What’s changed”

And the answer is nothing. It’s that they’ve always been a lying immoral cesspit of a club. 

As the phrase goes - When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Making up lies for other gullible Slagheads to lap up without question and they think that makes them superior ?

Worth mentioning as well that it was later claimed that the disabled City fan who was supposedly viscously attacked in front of 19k fans, stewards, cops and dozens of CCTV cameras had teeth ‘knocked out’. 

To this day no witnesses, no report to the club or Police, nothing.

Think I remember a gashead coming on here and defending him, very bizarre behaviour from a very bizarre fan base and definitely club. 

12 hours ago, glynriley said:

How does the fake sheikh square this comment from a couple of years ago , having now signed a player who has plead guilty to assault…? Joseph has obviously converted him to the dark side. These things take time.

In an open letter on Rovers website, president Wael al-Qadi said the club had "in no way meant to belittle charges of domestic abuse" and "we stand firmly against any form of violence". 

He said any club employees who are convicted of such offences "will be dismissed immediately" and said he understood concerns that had been raised by supporters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-57990366

Obvious question (that the media won’t ask) how does he square this with the fact he’s already admitted one assault?

What was that? A (literal) free hit?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Obvious question (that the media won’t ask) how does he square this with the fact he’s already admitted one assault?

What was that? A (literal) free hit?

Just look at Barton, multiple assaults, jail time.

However the live cases since he has been employed by Rovers have both ended in acquital.

It is, I agree, a very odd balancing attack that Wael is undertaking here in order to retain his jailbird manager and sign players which other clubs wouldn't touch.

I noted Lee Power era Swindon as plumbing the depths with their player signings, made cheaply and on low wages because no other club wanted them, and Rovers are now emulating that model - low morals mean low prices.

It does genuinely surprise me that they are doing this.

The "nice guy" owner is clearly not a nice guy and I would also suggest that he remove his very nice watch before shaking hands with either his staff or players.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

However the live cases since he has been employed by Rovers have both ended in acquital.

It is, I agree, a very odd balancing attack that Wael is undertaking here in order to retain his jailbird manager and sign players which other clubs wouldn't touch.

I noted Lee Power era Swindon as plumbing the depths with their player signings, made cheaply and on low wages because no other club wanted them, and Rovers are now emulating that model - low morals mean low prices.

The "nice guy" owner is clearly not a nice guy and I would also suggest that he remove his very nice watch before shaking hands with either his staff or players.

Their CEO Gorringe appeared on Neil Maggs’ podcast last January and also appears to just muddle his way through any tough questioning that goes against what they’ve said previously. 

Neil asked him how does Barton fit into the ‘authentic family club feel’ they parade with what he’s done In the past, and landed on “well he’s been wonderful to work with since I’ve been here”

It seems like they’re really going for broke. Brown, horrific signing for the off field stuff and image, but also I’m sure the big reason he’s gone there is they’ve thrown cash at him. Same with James Wilson, except he wanted to be local too. 

As @Kid in the Riot said last season, they boast about being plucky Rovers but they no doubt have a top 8/9 budget and appear to be wanting to raise that higher. Probably because Barton has bleated on so much about promotion they’ve probably realised they need to try and back it up, but in no way have the set up to do so outside of paying over the odds wherever they can. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Barton, and some of the people he's brought in, ensures low morals.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, TheReds said:

What I don't understand about this is he's already admitted and been charged for one assault against a woman already?

So where do they stand on that? 

As I understand, the other assault was at the same time as the one he pleaded guilty to, he’s pleading not guilty to the second so it’s an ongoing case. 

8 minutes ago, old parkender said:

As I understand, the other assault was at the same time as the one he pleaded guilty to, he’s pleading not guilty to the second so it’s an ongoing case. 

So they are still happy to work with them for one already guilty charge, but if it's two guilty verdicts it may be too much?

Makes no sense from their point of view. I hope they aren't getting paid by Rovers as it looks a bit of a conflict of interest/brown envelope situation.

• Like 1