IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

If they get to the Championship and have to start paying players triple the money just to have a shot at survival what do they think will happen to season ticket prices at the swamp?

Sorry, I stopped reading when you said “if they get to the Championship” there was no point in carrying on after nonsense like that.

”If I start going out with Monica Bellucci”, see? Equally ridiculous..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just seen that their loan signing from last season, Lewis Gibson, with whom they were far better in defence, has left Everton and signed for Plymouth.

Csnt wait to see Joeys reaction…

"Not in my plans for next season, the lad had a bad attitude, he didn't have the skill set for my vision of the future, and he refused to sing our anthem"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Magger1 said:

They now think their prices are much cheaper bearing in mind their shit facilities , their lower position in the league ( for last 23 years ) :laugh:

5ED52CD4-B6B2-4BC4-96F8-0D5C0409B279.jpeg

He, she, it means that it will still cost him a £5 to Bob the gateman to let it in

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

Blimey, drank the kool aid here ??

B404D6D7-1B76-4C33-AA4B-3C137DB42D54.jpeg

Er. . . Yes. I don't know of any professional organisation that would start to clear a site using an artists impression before any proper planning consultation was conducted. Not go out to tender to see how much this will all cost. Not notify the local residents or submit any formal plans to the council for planning permission.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Swede said:

Er. . . Yes. I don't know of any professional organisation that would start to clear a site using an artists impression before any proper planning consultation was conducted. Not go out to tender to see how much this will all cost. Not notify the local residents or submit any formal plans to the council for planning permission.

There was no artist involved in that impression. Unless he’s a piss artist 

• Haha 1

Is a big if, but if he joins them then Christ they’re really pushing themselves close to the edge financially I’d imagine. They were over budget last year as it is, and the players they seem to want to bring in will be on far far more than most of last years squad. 

They’ve clearly thought fucknit let’s try and go for it, but with no real footballing brain behind them or structure in place it’s a hell of a risk if it doesn’t pay off (which inevitably, it probably won’t). Clubs have their own echo chambers of course, but their business/squad is still way off a fair few others in league one. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Is a big if, but if he joins them then Christ they’re really pushing themselves close to the edge financially I’d imagine. They were over budget last year as it is, and the players they seem to want to bring in will be on far far more than most of last years squad. 

They’ve clearly thought fucknit let’s try and go for it, but with no real footballing brain behind them or structure in place it’s a hell of a risk if it doesn’t pay off (which inevitably, it probably won’t). Clubs have their own echo chambers of course, but their business/squad is still way off a fair few others in league one. 

Steve Lansdown however let himself be drawn into the hype surrounding Gary Johnson's promotion push and kept throwing money at it, culminating in losing to Hull in the play off final.

He admitted in interview to feeling "a bit silly" because he had blown £50m on this and it hadn't worked out. 

Sometimes owners lose the sense they were born with when they have a very persuasive manager of chief executive telling them that promotion's in the bag if they just spend "another few million".  And another few million.  And another few million.

The amount of money that Wael's shovelling towards Barton for players and employing his mates as staff (former taxi driver Peter Johnson should have been our "you're joking" moment) shows that Joey Barton seems to be Wael's cause for being "a bit silly".

I know that Wael is wealthy but I don't think that he's that wealthy, and promotion to the Championship just means that the annual loss jumps up rather than suddenly leaping into profit

I can them being up for sale again within five years.  Though I'm not saying that we won't be as well if the ITK people are correct. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The latest illusory gem from the Post.

the Gas are willing to match whatever he’s been offered by Gillingham but, crucially, can provide League One football and in a team that looks increasingly equipped for a promotion drive’

Just how are they? 

Indeed, baffling nonsense written by James Piercy, strangely lauded by some on here.

55 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Joey Barton ? Old footballers 

I’m sure we were linked with George Friend…about 15 years ago

Friend is 36 in October.

He only started 2 games last season, he came on sub in another 4.

Looks exactly the sort of signing a “Championship ready” side makes to me.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The latest illusory gem from the Post.

the Gas are willing to match whatever he’s been offered by Gillingham but, crucially, can provide League One football and in a team that looks increasingly equipped for a promotion drive’

Just how are they? 

I think we all know what it looks like when Rovers are equipped to go on a promotion drive ...

opentopbus.jpg.eaf4ec1f0bf80f37d6340fc847fff17c.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Indeed, baffling nonsense written by James Piercy, strangely lauded by some on here.

He’s absolutely excellent tbf. And gets some brilliant stuff out of Nige, clearly has a lot of respect from him that no other journos seem to have. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s absolutely excellent tbf. And gets some brilliant stuff out of Nige, clearly has a lot of respect from him that no other journos seem to have. 

He is really good on us.

I do wonder if in the interests of “balance” he has to be seen to be kind to the jailbird though? Can only explain some of the stuff that’s written about them.

Sign of the times for the media that the editor appears to be writing all the articles across the summer with both club’s reporters, Rich Forrester & Kim Jung Frost having left.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He is really good on us.

I do wonder if in the interests of “balance” he has to be seen to be kind to the jailbird though? Can only explain some of the stuff that’s written about them.

Sign of the times for the media that the editor appears to be writing all the articles across the summer with both club’s reporters, Rich Forrester & Kim Jung Frost having left.

Yes he’s doing two jobs atm, essentially. Believe the plan next season is he is covering us full time, and Rovers having their own reporter again too. Rather than him overseeing both clubs but both clubs then also having their own dedicated reporter. 

As you say, an element of balance in what he’s writing atm for sure. 

• Thanks 1