IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, readie14 said:

Very interested to see what they have to say now?

I don't think there is much they can say, other than they stand united with victims of violence.

They should have condemmed us after the Simpson signing and they should be removing any affiliation with Rovers as well.

If they don't, then their campaign - which is to be applauded - loses any credibility. 

I don't think anyone in their right mind would condone assault, I certainly don't, but we have courts and procedures to deal with those who break the law. Is it just footballers we think should lose their living as a result of a conviction, or is it everyone? Is it just assault on women that deserves the extra punishment, or should we extend it to assault on men as well, or on a certain age group? Is it just violent crime we want to apply extra sanctions to, or should we apply it to scammers as well who cause such heartbreak and ruin? Or drink drivers, or drug users?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would condone assault, I certainly don't, but we have courts and procedures to deal with those who break the law. Is it just footballers we think should lose their living as a result of a conviction, or is it everyone? Is it just assault on women that deserves the extra punishment, or should we extend it to assault on men as well, or on a certain age group? Is it just violent crime we want to apply extra sanctions to, or should we apply it to scammers as well who cause such heartbreak and ruin? Or drink drivers, or drug users?

Me personally if you hit a woman you’re a *** end of. Rovers City doesn’t matter. But a quote from Wally regarding the thug you have in charge was along the lines of 

but club president Wael Al Qadi wrote in an open letter that Rovers stood “firmly against any form of violence” and that “any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately”.

Well you’re new guy has been found guilty, but hey maybe you’re owner has had a change of heart.

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 5
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The point is,your club signed a man,who whilst with his previous club, had been accused of assault,rather than waiting for the outcome of the court case you signed him anyway.The company I work for wouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole, with that hanging over him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You seem to be trying very hard to convince yourself it's all ok because a court dealt with it, whilst saying you don't condone it, then asking a load of strange questions about a load of other stuff.

Do people think it is only footballers who should lose their living after pleading guilty to 2 assaults against a woman? Definitely not. 

Let's be fair here, footballers are meant to be role models for people to look up to, especially kids.

Your mob have signed a player who was still in the middle of all of this, and you (Barton/Wael) signed him because nobody else wanted him, and he was simply going cheap. 

Many would have thought slightly different if you did the same signing a year or two down the line and came out with all the rehabilitation rubbish, but no, not Barton, sign him when he has just pleaded guilty and with another charge hanging over him.

Family club my arse. The last couple of seasons will have you down as one of the most despised clubs in the UK. 

Your club deserves Barton and Barton deserves your club. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 4

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Me personally if you hit a woman you’re a *** end of. Rovers City doesn’t matter. But a quote from Wally regarding the thug you have in charge was along the lines of 

but club president Wael Al Qadi wrote in an open letter that Rovers stood “firmly against any form of violence” and that “any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately”.

Well you’re new guy has been found guilty, but hey maybe you’re owner has had a change of heart.

Looks like that link has now been removed….

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There are plenty of occupations where a criminal record, regardless of exactly what crime took place, would preclude you from working in that role. In recent years, those limitations have become widespread across more jobs than before.

It should be seen as a deterrent to doing bad things.

In this case there is extra focus, not by the law, but by public opinion because football is a high profile sport, the players are in the public eye.

Personally I think everyone deserves a 2nd chance. When it comes to violence though, my opinion becomes a lot less forgiving.

Hope that explains where I am.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I'm waiting........

waitingforyou-waiting.gif

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sounds as though you’re suggesting, Miah, that you feel that Jevani Brown is attracting somewhat unfair attention on here because a fit, professional male athlete when drunk, assaults not one but two women, which is no worse a crime than many others. I think that is known, these days, as “whataboutery”. 

I have never, would never, strike a woman, whatever the provocation. I despise any man who would; in my eyes they are the lowest of the low. Yes there are many other crimes worthy of punishment but that’s not at issue here.  The fact is that the club which you support has just signed a convicted criminal who has a recognised problem with alcohol. Whichever way you look at it, it’s not a good look for your club although you do seem to be taking on the commendable role of a halfway house for the rehabilitation of offenders. 

I’m thankful, more than ever, that your club isn’t my club. 

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 17

44 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

There are plenty of occupations where a criminal record, regardless of exactly what crime took place, would preclude you from working in that role. In recent years, those limitations have become widespread across more jobs than before.

It should be seen as a deterrent to doing bad things.

In this case there is extra focus, not by the law, but by public opinion because football is a high profile sport, the players are in the public eye.

Personally I think everyone deserves a 2nd chance. When it comes to violence though, my opinion becomes a lot less forgiving.

Hope that explains where I am.

Exactly this.

There are also plenty of people working for companies that don’t require a clean record to hire you, but would deem being found guilty of a crime as bringing the company into disrepute and dismiss you for gross misconduct.

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This is so unlike Rovers.

Here they were celebrating a multiple woman murderer in 2017.

Bristol-Rovers-fan-accused-of-taking-Fre

And then the usual suspects finding some way of justifying it.

image.thumb.png.b36ef11b237d6f9419cff052357bcf48.png

https://gasheads.org/thread/6925/fred-west

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-rovers-fan-accused-taking-790420

This is the owner of the flag… 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/british-football-fan-stabbed-in-bratislava-after-england-world-cup-qualifier-a3337606.html

yeah yeah yeah but he’s “sound” & a memeber of their “gas hit squad” too though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

I agree, I'm sure he will say something along the lines of' I meant if they committed the offence while employed by us' We live in an age where when anything happens clubs feel the need to put out a meaningless corporate statemnen. That one was particularly strongly worded, but, like you say, he will wriggle out of it somehow.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I agree, I'm sure he will say something along the lines of' I meant if they committed the offence while employed by us' We live in an age where when anything happens clubs feel the need to put out a meaningless corporate statemnen. That one was particularly strongly worded, but, like you say, he will wriggle out of it somehow.

Fair reply. Hope you go down . :yes:

• Haha 3

A bit of a technical problem at the Mem :

Not sure how long the site has been like it, but at present you can not buy a S/T in the SW/South stand. Might be because the dots were all muddled up and needs sorting out.

Perhaps it would have been better to wait for the rows and seats to appear before getting "the dots" out and seats sold !

How inconvenient that everything posted on the web gets archived!

So shame on Wael Al Qadi for being a hypocritical scumbag and removing his original posting rather than standing by his word!

https://web.archive.org/web/20210728181132/https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2021/july/Wael-al-qadi-letter/

Club News

Club President's Open Letter to Fans...

27 July 2021

Large

Club President Wael Al Qadi has today penned an open letter to supporters...

Dear Gasheads, 

I have been here with you now for nearly five and a half years. I hope that through that time you have seen and felt my passion for this club, my openness with supporters and my understanding of the emotions that you feel on a day-to-day basis. 

We have a diverse fanbase, as was celebrated in our recent kit launch campaign and all supporters are welcome at The Mem to enjoy watching our club together.

However, the past four days have been tough for us all and I have seen first-hand that there is division within the fanbase which is not what we want heading into a new season.

Firstly, I think it is really important to confirm that as a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately. I understand the concerns expressed by a number of you. However, in line with the basic principles of British law, it is my view that you are innocent until proven guilty. 

I have seen and understand the response to the statement that was released last night. Given that this is a legal matter, what we can and can’t say as a club is heavily restricted. That said, I think it is important that some context is given to the comment regarding victimless crimes as I know that has caused some distress. The phrase is a legal term referring to cases in which the victim is either unknown or has not made a complaint/engaged with the police enquiries. We in no way meant to belittle charges of domestic abuse. 

I know that this may have been misinterpreted in the statement last night and I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone that was offended. 

As has been well publicised we are partners with the team at HerGameToo and continue to play an active role in supporting that initiative. Furthermore, before we were aware of this issue we agreed last week to support a Domestic Violence campaign which we will continue to do heading into the new season. In addition, in 2018 we partnered with the Southmead Project who provide free counselling and support for survivors of abuse and addiction across Bristol and surrounding areas. All of these causes are at the heart of our football club and we will continue to do all we can to support those in need. 

This period will have undoubtedly strained relationships, however, I hope that we can retain your trust and confidence as we look to continue to build the club and support our wider community.  

I hope that you can all join me in getting behind the team this season, we need your support now more than ever.

FTG 

Wael

Club President

Bristol Rovers Football Club

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

So shame on Wael Al Qadi for being a hypocritical scumbag and removing his original posting rather than standing by his word!

https://web.archive.org/web/20210728181132/https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2021/july/Wael-al-qadi-letter/

Club News

27 July 2021

Large

Dear Gasheads, 

I have been here with you now for nearly five and a half years. I hope that through that time you have seen and felt my passion for this club, my openness with supporters and my understanding of the emotions that you feel on a day-to-day basis. 

We have a diverse fanbase, as was celebrated in our recent kit launch campaign and all supporters are welcome at The Mem to enjoy watching our club together.

However, the past four days have been tough for us all and I have seen first-hand that there is division within the fanbase which is not what we want heading into a new season.

Firstly, I think it is really important to confirm that as a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately. I understand the concerns expressed by a number of you. However, in line with the basic principles of British law, it is my view that you are innocent until proven guilty. 

I have seen and understand the response to the statement that was released last night. Given that this is a legal matter, what we can and can’t say as a club is heavily restricted. That said, I think it is important that some context is given to the comment regarding victimless crimes as I know that has caused some distress. The phrase is a legal term referring to cases in which the victim is either unknown or has not made a complaint/engaged with the police enquiries. We in no way meant to belittle charges of domestic abuse. 

I know that this may have been misinterpreted in the statement last night and I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone that was offended. 

As has been well publicised we are partners with the team at HerGameToo and continue to play an active role in supporting that initiative. Furthermore, before we were aware of this issue we agreed last week to support a Domestic Violence campaign which we will continue to do heading into the new season. In addition, in 2018 we partnered with the Southmead Project who provide free counselling and support for survivors of abuse and addiction across Bristol and surrounding areas. All of these causes are at the heart of our football club and we will continue to do all we can to support those in need. 

This period will have undoubtedly strained relationships, however, I hope that we can retain your trust and confidence as we look to continue to build the club and support our wider community.  

I hope that you can all join me in getting behind the team this season, we need your support now more than ever.

FTG 

Wael

Club President

Water tight contract from the billionaires 

6 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

"..........professional footballer you are a role model to one or two young people that are being forced to attend games by their elderly relatives and would rather be with their mates at Bristol City matches."

The judges summing up, typical out of touch stereotype as in       " and who exactly are these Beatles to whom you refer ?"

Edited for accuracy.

U REDS

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Absolutely true Lrrr but it's an excuse to take the piss out of the few and I couldn't resist the opportunity. ?

Apologies. 

Wasn't just you really a few people before as well making similar points

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Club News

27 July 2021

Large

Dear Gasheads, 

FTG 

Wael

Club President

Given recent events, he is in danger of some people interpreting him as being a hypocritical liar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Club News

27 July 2021

Large

Dear Gasheads, 

FTG 

Wael

Club President

Isn't Al Quidi a top top man with a nice watch who engages with the fans, I am sure if anyone asks him on Social Media what did he mean when he put out that statement originally he will reply with 100% honesty....

4 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Isn't Al Quidi a top top man with a nice watch who engages with the fans, I am sure if anyone asks him on Social Media what did he mean when he put out that statement originally he will reply with 100% honesty....

Of course he will.

Its not as if he's a hypocritical liar is it..