IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

49 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is this idiot Sag trying to suggest that Rovers would sell out a stadium the size of the Emirates or Old Trafford based on 27k going to Wembley? 

????

The gift….

Apparently we’re the deluded ones.

Are we due yet another 'gas maths' lesson?

Gas 27000 =42000

City 42000 =27000

It's clearly obvious to them. ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Will they find anyone decent to erect the stand before Xmas, all the decent builders I know are booked up until the end of this year and some into next year.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had a builder lined up but it also wouldn't surprise me if same builder will be without staff until the new footy season whilst they go on holiday.

I suppose the club will need some netting behind the south goal otherwise the players will be knocking on the neighbours doors asking for the ball back from their gardens.

Could be a lot of added time in their home games.

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they had a builder lined up but it also wouldn't surprise me if same builder will be without staff until the new footy season whilst they go on holiday.

I suppose the club will need some netting behind the south goal otherwise the players will be knocking on the neighbours doors asking for the ball back from their gardens.

Could be a lot of added time in their home games.

If they cant build a stand maybe they would like to "go green" and plant a new hedgerow there - complete with these

Plantwatch: despite the stinging criticism, nettles are useful | Plants |  The Guardian

Edited by cityal

I expect they've had a quote from one of their handy retired tradesmen who has a B & Q card because he can get an OAP discount on Tuesdays.That new stand will only take a week to put up.  He's built the odd wall and can do the electrics and knows the difference between a left and right handed paint brush. It was he who dumped that left over championship ready tarmac at the ground. Bob the gateman recommended him. Cash only.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

At some point, will someone drag that pathetic excuse for a football club out of the 20th century?

There's no point in doing that, they don't want to.

The conversations I've had with sags tends to be "Holloway's coming back" or "it was great at Eastville, but can't remember the last time I went to a match", " I used to enjoy the derbies", " Geoff Bradford, he was a fantastic player" "that F A Cup run in the 50's what a team".

They don't seem to like it when they're brought back to reality when I tell them skeletor's not coming back, you got kicked out of Eastville as tenants years ago, you've played at two other grounds since. We haven't played you in a derby for years and because of the ever widening gap there's no point.  You're lamenting about someone who played for you over fifty years ago. That F A Cup run was approximately 70 years ago.

When it finally dawns on them that rovers are 5hit, I like to apply the coup de grace with a bit of history that Hitler saved the sags from re election in 1939. That tends to finish them off nicely.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, petehinton said:

God commanded Noah; This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.

That is, about 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high or about 135 meters long, 23 meters wide and 14 meters high and he did that in seven days.

Rovers; a precedent has been set!

Edited by 22A

12 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Looks like a section from the TV show Kick Start...if anyone remembers that.

Contestants have to scramble up the dirt pile, slalom through the scaffolding poles, and hop over the JCB bucket; Then it is on to the tented section, once through there they will splash through the pond of fake fanta  before the final, terrifying, leap over "Sanata's groto".

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, luke_bristol said:

A structure of dubious construction hurriedly thrown together by an amateur to accommodate a bunch of animals….are we still talking about Noah’s ark?

In future years, historians will be puzzled as despite many written words, they can find no physical trace. 

• Haha 1