IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin
1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Provided the pitch is ready and the ground is safe what would be the reasons to postpone? They should give up home areas to allow as many away fans in as required with separation. If they lose revenue then tough.

Just keep plenty of balls in the dugout so the keepers don't have to knock on the neighbours doors.

It'll be difficult to move season ticket holders out of their seats 

Not releasing any seats for sale makes it easier for moving people about 

2 hours ago, PhilC said:

Not only that, Luton made that decision when they did to give the PL, and everyone else concerned for that matter, plenty of notice. If Rovers don't get an announcement out this week and then ask the EFL if they can postpone their game, they may not be so forgiving...

I'd piss myself if they get a point deduction for not being able to forfil there fixtures,

No doubt a waterlogged pitch will appear

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Have they even started to build it yet , there’s so many jokes about it I don’t know what to believe any more .

There’s a picture on their forum that reckons the materials for the new stand have started to be delivered. That suggests that, happily, no they haven’t started building it yet ?

Edited by GreedyHarry

6 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

There’s a picture on their forum that reckons the materials for the new stand have started to be delivered. That suggests that, happily, no they haven’t started building it yet ?

You could deliver gold plated seats, if they don't get planning permission then it's not happening, and if they build it anyway SAG won't allow it to be used, and if they use it anyway then they will be in massive trouble with the law the fa and the efl

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomF said:

Jesus Christ.  A player who played 17 PL games on loan last year, the subject of a 30m rejected bid this summer.. is going to take the step up to League 1 

This is the absolute best.

Brighton have been quoted £50m by Chelsea & Liverpool are said to be interested. 
You would think after signing the 34 year old James Wilson & George Friend who is even older that the penny would drop, absolute moron.

This is on a par with anyone suggesting Mbappe on here, which even though we have our share of the deluded, would not happen.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is the absolute best.

Brighton have been quoted £50m by Chelsea & Liverpool are said to be interested. 
You would think after signing the 34 year old James Wilson & George Friend who is even older that the penny would drop, absolute moron.

This is on a par with anyone suggesting Mbappe on here, which even though we have our share of the deluded, would not happen.

That's because Tommy Conway is better 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t know if I’ve understood this correctly, maybe someone can help?

Barton has set up a Twitter account that his own fans have to subscribe to if they want exclusive transfer info??

Exactly that and a lot of Gas are defending him, they really get what they deserve.

I assume it couldn’t be the case when I first saw the Subscription post. But he really is hiding Rovers transfer news behind a £5.99 paywall on Twitter, have you ever heard of a manager doing that?? That is definitely the first time in history, and the proceeds to himself, not the club.

Wael/that CEO don’t have half a backbone between them, absolute joke.

Oh and he said a “considerable amount” will be going to charity after he was quizzed on it, and never said that in his original post. The second excuse was to filter out the ‘hate’ posts, yet the only things behind the paywall are Gas related comments (which he never got hate on), and he’s still posting political rubbish in front of the wall, in which he still gets replies from anyone. Just getting that in there in case any Gas reply trying to defend him with broken logic.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t know if I’ve understood this correctly, maybe someone can help?

Barton has set up a Twitter account that his own fans have to subscribe to if they want exclusive transfer info??

That is correct.

Imagine it happening at any other club in the league. The manager forcing fans to subscribe to his personal Twitter to get club news. 

Basically, it shows that Wally is totally enamoured by Barton and he can do what he wants, when he wants. He’ll never be sacked and he’ll never leave - firstly because he’s not good enough to be wanted elsewhere and secondly because he’d never get the power he’s been given there at any other club. The nice man with a watch is totally starstruck, and can’t see through the bullshit.

So, the “people’s club” of Bristol is fully in the hands of a convicted felon and his friends, who have no experience of running a large organisation. The collapse is just beginning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
9 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

It’s been a while since I last went camping, but we always had our tent up by nightfall. They’ll be fine.

14 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Exactly that and a lot of Gas are defending him, they really get what they deserve.

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That is correct.

Imagine it happening at any other club in the league. The manager forcing fans to subscribe to his personal Twitter to get club news. 

So, the “people’s club” of Bristol is fully in the hands of a convicted felon and his friends, who have no experience of running a large organisation. The collapse is just beginning.

HAHAHA ******* idiots! ?

So fans who presumably already put their hard earned cash into the club have to pay the manager for exclusive Rovers related info, and they’re actually defending him for it ?

The gift..

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

13 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Provided the pitch is ready and the ground is safe what would be the reasons to postpone? They should give up home areas to allow as many away fans in as required with separation. If they lose revenue then tough.

Just keep plenty of balls in the dugout so the keepers don't have to knock on the neighbours doors.

To stage league games, there is a minimum number of seats that you need to have at your ground, they are currently below the threshold. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

When the transfer window closes, what sort of exclusive info are the few expecting?

"Great day training with the lads after we shifted the fox shite"

"Wife packed me salt and vinegar instead of cheese and onion, she's had it......"

...when I get home after a few glasses of wine......