IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This is interesting, as with the pub, the developers were ordered to rebuild it as it was listed. Surely the old tent structure, demolished by Rovers, must have historical value, as it was unique across the entire football league. Perhaps Rovers should be ordered to reinstate it 

The Mem was less demolition, more breaking camp. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This is interesting, as with the pub, the developers were ordered to rebuild it as it was listed. Surely the old tent structure, demolished by Rovers, must have historical value, as it was unique across the entire football league. Perhaps Rovers should be ordered to reinstate it 

The first Grade 2 listed tent??

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Genuinely, their admin is tweeting with the coordinates for Eastville followed by a picture of an IKEA.

Because I’d like nothing more than to commemorate the fact I’d lost my traditional home and seen it replaced by a megastore.

And that more people attend said megastore than the stadium it replaced (and its successor) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

A lot of people are really underestimating the ability of Rovers to get things done. It took less than 6 months of detailed planning & project management from the directors and the entire management team to come up with this beauty, so surely the new stand is in good hands???

freshersfair.thumb.jpg.401651a606f3b33f8609fcd99e316c5f.jpg

The budget office whiteboard with wonky blue and white quarters is my favourite. Or the grotty stains on the floor. 

21 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

The budget office whiteboard with wonky blue and white quarters is my favourite. Or the grotty stains on the floor. 

Agree.

The whiteboard just about sums them up.

Tinpot they are not.

They’re worse. Far worse.

17 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

6 hour wait for that...

image.thumb.png.9de5976547b8217feee1dea8cf939e53.png

In fairness, that is possibly the first of their kits that hasn't made me laugh at them.

Disregard the quarters monstrosity & it's better than they usually produce.

I thought they were rebounding their badge a year or so ago though..?

Those will fly off the shelves & you'll see literally 10's of them dotted around the rehab centres of North Bristol.!

• Haha 2

Wael teased most the summer to ‘expect something different’ from this seasons kit. New Bristol live reporter for them said to expect a busy day today, and it’s seemingly just this and them giving a deal to a trialist who’s jumping up about 7 divisions. They can never escape the gift. 

All the comments I’ve seen are a mixture of “that’s a bangin kit” “six hour wait for that?” And many “I don’t get what it has to do with ikea”. 

i know they don’t have much, if any history but a lot don’t even seem to know their old stadium was located where Ikea is now ? I think it’s all a bit strange promoting it inside ikea though.

I don’t get how they can get excited over kit releases when they just copy and paste each season but with a different shade of blue. 

14 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

All the comments I’ve seen are a mixture of “that’s a bangin kit” “six hour wait for that?” And many “I don’t get what it has to do with ikea”. 

nothing to do with ikea, it was raining and they needed somewhere dry to do the photoshoot. 

correct me if im wrong but is this barbed wire  in front of the camera?

_130577329_rovers.png.webp

• Haha 1

I'm told that after "someone at the football club spoke to someone at the council" they were given the impression that because the proposed new structure is not as tall as the plans approved in 2008, the application process should be quick and straightforward. 

It seems they've now been assured that's not the case at all. The local councillor has requested that the application be referred to Development Committee rather than be determined by the officers. The club have belatedly engaged a planning consultant to gather the necessary additional documents for the application, but these are yet to be submitted. 

So it's all looking quite promising then. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1