IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They've installed Premium terracing, where you get to stand in an unfinished car park and can't see the game. Expectations for ticket sales are high.

That end looks better than the shite couple of tents that were there previously. It seems like the more they knock down the better it will look... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just had a look at the current sentiment on Gas Chat (?)…, and bizarrely, they are primarily pointing fingers at the Green Party for the current predicament?!?! Unsurprisingly, little blame is being attributed to the management of the Club, which recklessly began operations without planning permission, disregarded the concerns of neighbouring residents,  submitted a subpar application with insufficient time, and even sold season tickets despite lacking a proper stand to accommodate them in for the opening fixtures. I can’t imagine that we would stand for that down here! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pedrowe said:

Just had a look at the current sentiment on Gas Chat (?)…, and bizarrely, they are primarily pointing fingers at the Green Party for the current predicament?!?! Unsurprisingly, little blame is being attributed to the management of the Club, which recklessly began operations without planning permission, disregarded the concerns of neighbouring residents,  submitted a subpar application with insufficient time, and even sold season tickets despite lacking a proper stand to accommodate them in for the opening fixtures. I can’t imagine that we would stand for that down here! 

As Tom said earlier…..always someone else’s fault. 
Always the victim.

• Like 1

They appear to have no netting, nor anything else, to prevent wayward shots from heading towards Temple Meads. Local kids will be delighted to receive their free gift although  it’ll only serve to damage the club’s relationship with their immediate neighbours. Hopefully. 

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They appear to have no netting, nor anything else, to prevent wayward shots from heading towards Temple Meads. Local kids will be delighted to receive their free gift although I doubt it’ll only serve to damage the club’s relationship with their immediate neighbours. Hopefully. 

Joey will be spending his Twitter money on chocolate.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

They’ve not even got a ‘Shed man’....how Tinpot! ?

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Allotment Alan is saving to buy a step ladder.

Well you say that, but they've got tracksuit bloke. Admittedly he lacks the style and charisma of our own shed man. Or a shed, for that matter. 

20230729_142735.jpg

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Well you say that, but they've got tracksuit bloke. Admittedly he lacks the style and charisma of our own shed man. Or a shed, for that matter. 

20230729_142735.jpg

Track suit man is actually wondering who has built an enormous clay chiminea where there should be a new stand. Did they get planning permission for that?

Edited by Open End Numb Legs

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That first post is absolutely delusional. 

Determined in "a maximum of 13 weeks" is utter nonsense. It's very well known that BCC are taking a minimum of 6 months to determine most applications at the moment. 

Their "agent" should have known this. As for the initial submission in April, one quick look and I can say with confidence that it was a sub-standard effort, which absolutely did NOT require anything close to the amount of information required. Hence, BCC are now requesting a host of additional documents. 

A few years ago I built a small raised deck (about 5 feet high)  at the back of my house and I had to supply more detailed information than the original Rovers submission to obtain planning permission. I even had a site visit from the council before I could start 

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

A few years ago I built a small raised deck (about 5 feet high)  at the back of my house and I had to supply more detailed information than the original Rovers submission to obtain planning permission. I even had a site visit from the council before I could start 

I think they feel that “We’re Bristol Rovers. We want to build a stand” should suffice. 

• Like 1

I noticed that someone on Gas Chat was questioning how Luton managed to construct their stand this summer. The answer lies in their professionalism as a club compared to their tinpot rag tag excuse of a club. Luton actually applied for planning permission for the new stand c12 months ago, anticipating the need for upgrades in case they secured promotion. 

Edited by Pedrowe
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So what happened to the best stadium in Bristol at the Fruit Market then?  Did it turn out to be a lemon after all?

I guess they couldn't steal the land or get it for free which probably ruined that plan.

They're entirely dependent on the company carrying out the wider development.

It is very possible that the FM is redeveloped without a football ground.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Its likely that they thought they could submit a planning application themselves, hence the comical "plans" submitted back in April. I would think an agent was hired late in the day once BCC asked for some proper documentation.

I'm pretty sure that a part of the problem is that things like this are done very differently in the Middle East and a few backhanders or 'deals' help 'smoothe through' the processes there.

It seems there's a culture at Bristol Rovers that nobody challenges things at all - from JBs communications, to signing criminals, to the owner saying the new stand can be designed and built in a couple of months.

Something similar to what was happening here during the LJ/MA on the playing side. Happily we got everything off the pitch pretty much spot-on since Ashton Vale was refused.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, City Rocker said:

20230729_142735.jpg

You’re not looking close enough. I’ve zoomed in on the chimneys in the foreground. They have two shed men!

IMG_0013.jpeg

• Haha 2