IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

They’re threatening each other now on AssChat like a pack of feral dogs and still blaming anyone other than their shambolic club ownership.

Tinpot

I do find it unbelievable that "nice man" Wael has appointed Barton and then let him sign that Exeter striker.

This has totally divided their fanbase and the rows keep flaring up between them, the damage from bringing those scumbags to Rovers is going to cast a long shadow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some scrapping between their own fans this season.

Intresting comment in bristol live. I suppose you could argue they packed the tent away..

"There has been no demolition work, a previous structure has been dismantled and the ground on which it stood has been levelled and prepared and a few bushes (not trees) have been removed."

Edited by Crackers Corner

20 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Intresting comment in bristol live. I suppose you could argue they packed the tent away..

"There has been no demolition work, a previous structure has been dismantled and the ground on which it stood has been levelled and prepared and a few bushes (not trees) have been removed."

Excellent, well I’m sure the law people will be all over it and hope they ask for the survey that proves no birds were killed or injured, no birds eggs were damaged and no birds nests were damaged or destroyed during nesting season (nesting season being exactly when they pulled the trees/bushes/shrubs down).

When they work this out I’m sure the trees that became just bushes will become Bonzai instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreedyHarry said:

Excellent, well I’m sure the law people will be all over it and hope they ask for the survey that proves no birds were killed or injured, no birds eggs were damaged and no birds nests were damaged or destroyed during nesting season (nesting season being exactly when they pulled the trees/bushes/shrubs down).

When they work this out I’m sure the trees that became just bushes will become Bonzai instead.

It's from a deluded fan, I think they are are trying Jedi mind tricks.

• Like 1

It's an interesting thing, a temporary stand. I was up at an open day at Brum Uni, just before the Commonwealth Games. The Uni was hosting the hockey, IIRC, and they had a huge temporary stand in place. It looked perfectly fine and was obviously OK to use.

However, it had no roof, no facilities, and was pretty ugly.

So it should fit right in at the Mem.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The letters of support have flooded in.

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00

In unrelated news...

Did #HerGameToo ever clarify their position on the Fewers after they signed that bloke?

None of them include a name or address and this one provides a really convincing argument despite claiming they live in Oxford 

IMG_2017.png

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

25EF22D5-DF03-40B9-87EA-2DB442242994.jpeg

Not quite sure The Saggies have got a full understanding of this planning malarkey.

Valid grounds in support of an application doesn’t include ‘give us a break for god sake’.

Does the Sag Official in charge of this project live in Oxford by any chance?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Not quite sure The Saggies have got a full understanding of this planning malarkey.

Valid grounds in support of an application doesn’t include ‘give us a break for god sake’.

Does the Sag Official in charge of this project live in Oxford by any chance?

Great for Bristol mind ?

This one too that seems to have forgotten that if you do your homework, take your time and follow the process you can build/rebuild a stadium in Bristol.

Screenshot_2023-07-31-08-31-40-99_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg.333b5230fff62d1e960e6e42cba9702e.jpg

The other thing is they keep referring to this as being a "temporary" structure, but that is presumably assuming that all will go well at the FM project, otherwise it will be as temporary as that flyover that used to be in front of St Mary Redcliffe church.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

This one too that seems to have forgotten that if you do your homework, take your time and follow the process you can build/rebuild a stadium in Bristol.

Screenshot_2023-07-31-08-31-40-99_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg.333b5230fff62d1e960e6e42cba9702e.jpg

The other thing is they keep referring to this as being a "temporary" structure, but that is presumably assuming that all will go well at the FM project, otherwise it will be as temporary as that flyover that used to be in front of St Mary Redcliffe church.

That flyover is sadly missed……

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Interesting……you’d think that 5 days before the season starts that they’d be very happy to share a progress report with their loyal and prowd supporters.   The cover up is in full flow though it seems.  Lovely.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The letters of support have flooded in.

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00

In unrelated news...

Did #HerGameToo ever clarify their position on the Fewers after they signed that bloke?

I had a look at the planning application site.  It seems as though there has been a campaign by Rovers fans to bombard the council with letters of support.  Unfortunately, most of them have missed the point - i.e. you've got to comment on planning grounds.  Most of the letters of support just say it will be a good thing for Bristol Rovers, which is totally irrelevant for a planning application

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

One of our friendly Rovers visitors explained that the ground at the Mem was originally built up at the south end with waste from south wales coal mines and locals have complained of noise and vibration so maybe piling works have been going on or will be needed at some point.

Slags is apposite then…

• Like 2

Thought these comments from the local councillor summed it up quite succinctly.

Stance: Customer made comments neither objecting to or supporting the Planning Application Comment Reasons: Comment:I am leaving my comment neutral as although I have grave concerns about this application, I believe that if the ground cease work as they have been advised by me and others, and spend time working on their application and proper community engagement and assessments, then they may be able to have an application worth granting. Like may residents have comment, there is no objection to a larger and improved stand, but there are many serious concerns about how the club has operated so far. Removing trees without an EIA, a poorly managed and unsafe building sight. Ignored calls to stop work while the proper impact assessments are carried out, not engaging with residents properly, not having the correct persons on sight, contractors working unsafely without PPE, concrete and detritus washing down residential streets. Working at antisocial hours. And not having the correct impact assessments and consultations in place before putting in the planning application or indeed starting work. I believe the club need time to sort all of this out and do this properly, If they can get this all in order and prove that they can build a safe stand with all considerations in mind then I will be supportive. However I must currently take into consideration what I have seen, and what residents in my ward have reported to me as well as their concerns. I believe this application is going to need a lot of attention from officers to make sure it is done correctly.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought these comments from the local councillor summed it up quite succinctly.

Stance: Customer made comments neither objecting to or supporting the Planning Application Comment Reasons: Comment:I am leaving my comment neutral as although I have grave concerns about this application, I believe that if the ground cease work as they have been advised by me and others, and spend time working on their application and proper community engagement and assessments, then they may be able to have an application worth granting. Like may residents have comment, there is no objection to a larger and improved stand, but there are many serious concerns about how the club has operated so far. Removing trees without an EIA, a poorly managed and unsafe building sight. Ignored calls to stop work while the proper impact assessments are carried out, not engaging with residents properly, not having the correct persons on sight, contractors working unsafely without PPE, concrete and detritus washing down residential streets. Working at antisocial hours. And not having the correct impact assessments and consultations in place before putting in the planning application or indeed starting work. I believe the club need time to sort all of this out and do this properly, If they can get this all in order and prove that they can build a safe stand with all considerations in mind then I will be supportive. However I must currently take into consideration what I have seen, and what residents in my ward have reported to me as well as their concerns. I believe this application is going to need a lot of attention from officers to make sure it is done correctly.

That is pretty brutal.

I'm not saying 'no' but you have to convince me and until then, you'll be getting nothing.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That is pretty brutal.

I'm not saying 'no' but you have to convince me and until then, you'll be getting nothing.

Exactly and it needed saying.

How tinpot can they get ? Everything done on the cheap and they've been called out on it this time.

This could rumble on for some time :yawn: