IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

From reading that article, aligns with what @Kid in the Riot has been saying and Wael is sick of finding it all himself, aka is running out of money. Wonder how much of it will be ‘true’ investment, and how much is just Wael wanting his debt repaid??

Either way unlucky da shit, they’re the richest club in the world now :( 

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

From reading that article, aligns with what @Kid in the Riot has been saying and Wael is sick of finding it all himself, aka is running out of money. Wonder how much of it will be ‘true’ investment, and how much is just Wael wanting his debt repaid??

Either way unlucky da shit, they’re the richest club in the world now :( 

Another KITR exclusive! Must have been months ago I said Wael was looking for a way out, and that new investment/owners were close.

OTIB > gAss Chat

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Another KITR exclusive! Must have been months ago I said Wael was looking for a way out, and that new investment/owners were close.

OTIB > gAss Chat

I heard from some mates a few months back that he'd got as far as having draft letters of engagement with a few legal firms with respect to a full sale. Never signed on for that project but yes he's been looking for a way out/someone else to come in for about 18 months now.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I heard from some mates a few months back that he'd got as far as having draft letters of engagement with a few legal firms with respect to a full sale. Never signed on for that project but yes he's been looking for a way out/someone else to come in for about 18 months now.

There were some Americans interested about 18 months ago but that went cold.

This new deal makes the fruit market stadium more likely, though I'd imagine Conygar are looking at the mess Rovers have created with trying to get permission for a temporary stand made out of scaffolding and tent poles, and thinking HTF are these guys gonna get permission for an actual whole stadium?

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Football is a money pit, so no great surprise he wants to split the liability. If success is immediate then there are a few coins to be made, Wally has taken them backwards and then recovered to the position they were in.

There's a part of me that imagines the board meeting going along the lines of...

'The new stand isn't going to be ready'

'Shit, really? We better get some good news out to gloss over that, tell them we have plans for a new stadium'

'Sir, I'm not sure we can get away with that one again'

'Okay, just say something about rich Arabs then, that should do it'

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

Haha, they will all be frantically trying to find out how much this guy is worth. Nobody has heard of him, the bank he works for, what his history as an investor is or his interests in football are.

Sold him the investment purely on the possibilty of a few quid to be made if they flog the Mem and the fruit market becomes a reality would be my guess. He's not going to be writing cheques all the way to the Prem!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chowie said:

Sounds similar to when Wael came in right?

Can't wait to see which watch this guy has, bet it's a Bobby Dazzler.

Actually no... a quick Google search of Wally was all it took for everyone to easily see that he didn't have a fraction of the money being spouted about.

I think it took anyone who'd care to look about half an hour to suss out they weren't actually the richest club in existence - whereas some of them still haven't worked it out.!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Actually no... a quick Google search of Wally was all it took for everyone to easily see that he didn't have a fraction of the money being spouted about.

I think it took anyone who'd care to look about half an hour to suss out they weren't actually the richest club in existence - whereas some of them still haven't worked it out.!

Very True 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There were some Americans interested about 18 months ago but that went cold.

This new deal makes the fruit market stadium more likely, though I'd imagine Conygar are looking at the mess Rovers have created with trying to get permission for a temporary stand made out of scaffolding and tent poles, and thinking HTF are these guys gonna get permission for an actual whole stadium?

All I know is that I pity the poor associate who has to draft the disclosure letter for any investment. So many **** ups to admit to ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

With the latest announcement I feel I should say a few words.

Unlucky da shit, we're coming for you etc. etc.

Short concise speech, well said! ?

It does make me think that this could help to explain the new stand fiasco? Rovers have taken their eye off the ball, been distracted by the prospect of offloading some ownership when their priority should have been abiding to planning process and making sure the paying fan has a useable ticket come the new season.

I used to see this at my work, the boss offloaded responsibility on the pretext of having something more important to do that was way above my pay grade (usually a jolly somewhere).

IMG_7468.thumb.jpeg.90b7f8f3db09ed87af11872cbd719ddf.jpeg

here they go, can’t help themselves can they. how long before the next ‘unlucky da 5hit’ meathead raises his head above the parapet.

Ironic that the ‘rumour’ of the investment originated from this ‘dedication thread’ long before the vast majority of their own fans knew anything