IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Yep he was massive in L2 for them, wasn't he? When they were in the bottom 2 after 3 months.

That season was basically the Anderson show from when he appeared in Jan. 6 months later he was playing in the Prem.

Is there some unwritten rule for the Gas (Possibly the "Tilson" rule) that they can't pay over £321k for player?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yep he was massive in L2 for them, wasn't he? When they were in the bottom 2 after 3 months.

That season was basically the Anderson show from when he appeared in Jan. 6 months later he was playing in the Prem.

Is there some unwritten rule for the Gas (Possibly the "Tilson" rule) that they can't pay over £321k for player?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-connor-taylor-bid-8645407

So less than a Tilson, and unlike their sprinkler system, deemed not Championship ready by his current manager.

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Not according to these wet wipes…...

IMG_7471.thumb.png.0104947923ea6a787337cd950c9c73ab.png

The other possibility is that they appeared to have disregarded is that this new investor couldn't afford to buy Bristol City.

I think some of them think the new investor is the Crown Prince of Jordan or something due to some speculative horseshit posted by a user yesterday?

24 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Just seen an interview in the Post with someone called Luke Thomas who signed for them this summer...praising the fan base "every time we travel its a sell out" ??? FFS..is it part of their contract that they become pathological liars ?

Waelter Mitty in charge, what else can you expect.

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Let me take you back to your childhood when you couldn't resist the temptation to bite into a piece of plasticine.

I fear the Children of Horfield are about to experience a similar taste sensation. 

Hmmm... so does this cryptic wordplay mean you're not coming for us again? I'm struggling to keep up, to be honest. 

On 31/07/2023 at 13:58, GreedyHarry said:

So you know how they use distraction techniques to hide really bad news like, look we’re getting a new stand, or look we’re getting a new ground. 

Well they must be getting ready to deliver some bad news as this little rumour has its own thread over there. Look there’s a new investor ?

New investor

DrFaustus Avatar
DrFaustus
Reserve Team
39 minutes ago
kernowtoteend, stuart1974, and 2 more like this
An 82er mate of mine reckons we may be getting new investors from the Middle East. Just passing on the message and he's normally bang on with stuff, so please don't shoot the messenger.

If the last investor in the jesters from the middle east is anything to go by, expect more tents, lots of riddles and more deafening silence when questions are being asked. Oh, and a nice watch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

2015 won't care.

As long as the Fruitihad is bigger than "Trashton", then they will all be happy.

It could be twice the size with a leather seat for every one of their plastic fans who suddenly come out of the woodwork but it’ll never be in their traditional heartland and it’ll never have the history that Ashton Gate has.

• Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It could be twice the size with a leather seat for every one of their plastic fans who suddenly come out of the woodwork but it’ll never be in their traditional heartland and it’ll never have the history that Ashton Gate has.

Was it Darlington that built a ground far too big for them, then became a white elephant which lead to bankruptcy as well as dodgy ownership 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Was it Darlington that built a ground far too big for them, then became a white elephant which lead to bankruptcy as well as dodgy ownership 

With my serious head on, they should stay at the Mem, embrace the history of the ground, engage with the area, develop the ground properly. We are a distraction that is driving the thoughts of their supporters and short termism. They would be better doing their own thing, at their own pace. Develop the squad as an asset to become a regular top end of L1 club.

These things, when done correctly, do actually take time! They aren't being done correctly though.

33 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

With my serious head on, they should stay at the Mem, embrace the history of the ground, engage with the area, develop the ground properly. We are a distraction that is driving the thoughts of their supporters and short termism. They would be better doing their own thing, at their own pace. Develop the squad as an asset to become a regular top end of L1 club.

These things, when done correctly, do actually take time! They aren't being done correctly though.

Oh I agree, and that's how we would treat things,

City's ambition is to be the best and finish top half of the prem

Rovers ambitions is to finish 1 place above city,

That's what hold them back, they care more about what we are doing and not about what idiot owners have done to their club,

It's that short termism that got them relegated from the football league

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Please tell me where there heartland is now ,

when I was growing up ( not that I have in my head only my age ) there heartland was probably 

fishponds , Hillfields , Cadbury heath , frampton cotterill, yate ,patchway , Filton 

a few 50/50s Southmead , shirehampton , Henbury possibly southmead 

ihonestly couldn’t say any of them places are now fully pledged gas strongholds

39 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As someone who lives close by, can I just say, this is bobbins.

The sooner they get some out of town ground the better - wonder if that site in Avonmouth is still viable?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As someone who lives close by, can I just say, this is bobbins.

The sooner they get some out of town ground the better - wonder if that site in Avonmouth is still viable?

That’s too close , somewhere near Newport would be good 

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

With my serious head on, I hope they go bust and disappear…..

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Newport, IoW please. 

As a resident of Southampton living very close to the Ferry terminal I cordially disagree.

Surely the USA has a perfectly servicable Newport? - Shouldnt affect their gates either "watch them from the pavements" and all that!

• Like 1