IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, Taz said:

IMG_6367.jpeg.a3d69654b3ce7537c9fd3e5431d1576f.jpeg

...and then this. A limited run of 250!? Be innovative, be bold, stick it on all of them.

Serious question. Producing a version for blind people and then charging them a fiver extra for the shirt, isn't that a clear and obvious breach of the equalities act?

It's a wonderful gesture to bring attention to this cause but to be clear while there is no obligation for a replica shirt to cater to the visually impaired, once you've done so charging extra for access to it would seem to be in breach of Sections 15, 19 and no doubt others in the Equalities Act (2010).

It would be very sad if this PR backfires.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Olé said:

Serious question. Producing a version for blind people and then charging them a fiver extra for the shirt, isn't that a clear and obvious breach of the equalities act?

It's a wonderful gesture to bring attention to this cause but to be clear while there is no obligation for a replica shirt to cater to the visually impaired, once you've done so charging extra for access to it would seem to be in breach of Sections 15, 19 and no doubt others in the Equalities Act (2010).

I don't think they really go a lot on checking "rules and regulations" tbf. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

On 04/08/2023 at 13:28, Red-Robbo said:

I met him at a social event once and he was relaxed, humorous, self-depreciating, friendly.  We bantered over a beer, but there was no real dislike. When you live in the Bristol area, you end up with Gas mates, Gas workmates, sometimes Gas relatives. You can joke about it and take the piss, but ultimately, they are just fans of another team: some are nice people, some are utter throbbers - the same mixture as our own fanbase. 

It's the club I can't stand - not its supporters, deluded though many of them are. 

He's in the past been quite vocal of his hatred for 'da shit" in the press so when my mate bought him a pint of half cider & half piss it was no surprise that the true gashead drank half of it before realising what was the added ingredient. No love lost from me or my mate come to think of it!!!

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Olé said:

Very good point. It's probably being thought of as more of a "limited edition" and being charged at £5 more on that basis, however you raise a very good point - would only take 1 blind/visually impaired person to raise an issue. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

He's in the past been quite vocal of his hatred for 'da shit" in the press so when my mate bought him a pint of half cider & half piss it was no surprise that the true gashead drank half of it before realising what was the added ingredient. No love lost from me or my mate come to think of it!!!

I think that comes under the "showing off with his little mates" category. When I met him, he was at his brother-in-law's birthday.

15 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Few hours back from doing a couple of games in Dublin. Shamrock Rovers are well into building their latest stand behind the goal, going to hold around 3k. Permanent structure not pack up and move. Ground capacity bigger than the 6th richest club in England. Oh and Shamrock had planning before they started. ??

IMG_0571.jpeg

Might be wrong but it looks as though the 1st few rows are not under the roof?

Apart from that, very smart. Also smart getting it planned first.

18 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Few hours back from doing a couple of games in Dublin. Shamrock Rovers are well into building their latest stand behind the goal, going to hold around 3k. Permanent structure not pack up and move. Ground capacity bigger than the 6th richest club in England. Oh and Shamrock had planning before they started. ??

IMG_0571.jpeg

But does it have a concorpse ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Might be wrong but it looks as though the 1st few rows are not under the roof?

Apart from that, very smart. Also smart getting it planned first.

I would say first half dozen to be fair but people get wet in the front rows in all stadia nowadays mate

22 minutes ago, bert tann said:

But does it have a concorpse ?