IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Hussain Al-Saeed outlines plans for Bristol Rovers infrastructure in first public interview - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

So the next "Messiah" speaks and what does he say? Well actually nothing really....

Apart from the fact that Rover's fans need to be patient and there is lots of things outside of their control, there was no promises of extra finance, merely that they need to improve the non-existent Academy and poor Training facilities.

Anybody thinking they've now got a Kuwaiti Billionaire to go along with the Jordanian one is going to be a bit disappointed.

Oh, and as for the Fruit Market, they're "Talking". Brilliant, good luck with all of that. ?

• Like 3

This bit is fairly impressive tbh; even if the rest is more of the "of course nothing's happen WRT a new stadium, but we will pretend that it is".

The debt was £7m over a year ago at the last accounts and maybe £9m now, usually people want it to stay as debt because then there is no tax liability from repaying it in full.

Good news for Rovers as a club but bad news for Wael's personal fortune. Though I'm sure that the Lansdowns would do similar for City in similar circumstances.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

Rovers also confirmed that as part of the takeover process, the debt owed to Dwane Sports will be capitalised. This means that apart from ordinary trade creditors the club is substantively debt free.

22 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Hussain Al-Saeed outlines plans for Bristol Rovers infrastructure in first public interview - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

So the next "Messiah" speaks and what does he say? Well actually nothing really....

Apart from the fact that Rover's fans need to be patient and there is lots of things outside of their control, there was no promises of extra finance, merely that they need to improve the non-existent Academy and poor Training facilities.

Anybody thinking they've now got a Kuwaiti Billionaire to go along with the Jordanian one is going to be a bit disappointed.

Oh, and as for the Fruit Market, they're "Talking". Brilliant, good luck with all of that. ?

I suggest they adopt These Things Take Time as the club motto. It would look classy in a Latin translation.

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I caught the interview Saturday pre game. **** me. Talk about uninspiring, the both of them. Couldn’t answer anything with a straight answer and both sounded incredibly awkward and shifty 

• Like 2

This bit about their new South Tent seems bizarre:

"We're hostage to events that are out of control in terms of just getting approvals or contractors and timelines. You can plan all you want to get what you want done in a month or two but in reality when you come to execute, things get delayed." 

We know they made a total pigs ear out of getting the planning permission but do we read from this that their contractor has told them to piss off due to the construction delay so they're now looking for someone to hammer the pegs in whenever the council finally get around to giving them permission to pitch it? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

"We're hostage to events that are out of control in terms of just getting approvals or contractors and timelines. You can plan all you want to get what you want done in a month or two but in reality when you come to execute, things get delayed." 

We know they made a total pigs ear out of getting the planning permission but do we read from this that their contractor has told them to piss off due to the construction delay so they're now looking for someone to hammer the pegs in whenever the council finally get around to giving them permission to pitch it? 

If only the interviewer had the balls to ask him why they demolished the stand in the first place. 

Geoff would’ve properly grilled them for stuff. Can already feel his loss covering both Bristol clubs on RB based on the first few interviews with people at both clubs 

• Like 9

Reading that interview, if I was a Rovers fan I would be disappointed and concerned. It is very PR speak.

As mentioned above, the builders won't just put the kettle on and wait weeks and months for permission to be granted. They will be off on their next projects, building elsewhere. They cannot afford to sit around and when permission is presumably granted, I would imagine there will be another delay before the physical work resumes as they are unlikely to drop what they are doing at that time.

This is costing me a fortune in popcorn! ?

• Like 7

They're still hoping the value of the land the Mem sits on is enough to pay for the construction of a new stadium at the Fruit Market. This also overlooks the fact that the stadium is designated a asset of community value which means that Wally can't just offer it up as a swap deal for a few bricks in new stadium. 

13 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

They're still hoping the value of the land the Mem sits on is enough to pay for the construction of a new stadium at the Fruit Market. This also overlooks the fact that the stadium is designated a asset of community value which means that Wally can't just offer it up as a swap deal for a few bricks in new stadium. 

Good point, maybe by knocking down the South Stand they're making it cheaper to clear the memorial ground when they sell up, as there isn't so much to demolish and clear away!! Lateral thinking, I like it ?

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

To paraphrase the interview, he says "We're coming for City, but very very slowly"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Any project plan should include an assessment of the risks and how you plan to mitigate them.

I suppose it's hard to mitigate the risk that the entire operation is incompetent though.

Edited by chinapig
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Any project plan should include an assessment of the risks and how you plan to mitigate them.

I suppose it's hard to mitigate the risk that the entire operation is incompetent though.

but .... they had bought the book before they started demolishing the stand, consulting with the neighbours & planning department, getting quotes from retired fans, tapping the Kuwaiti Sovereign Wealth Fund, punching a lucky horse, etc. etc. etc.

31469641441.jpg

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

It is indeed registered as an ACV by Bristol City Council.

https://memorialgroundbristol.wordpress.com/2015/11/09/an-asset-of-community-value/

Wally and his new friend will have to be careful how they verbalise the arrangements if/when its transferred to the Fruit Market developers, but it shouldn't make much difference.

But if that covenant as mentioned in the above article could be found/proven, they'd be royally ******.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

but .... they had bought the book before they started demolishing the stand, consulting with the neighbours & planning department, getting quotes from retired fans, tapping the Kuwaiti Sovereign Wealth Fund, punching a lucky horse, etc. etc. etc.

31469641441.jpg

Too advanced. I'm thinking Janet and John build a football stand.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

.........But if that covenant as mentioned in the above article could be found/proven, they'd be royally ******.

I hadn't read anything about a covenant before. Is that not a huge block to the FM deal?

Not easy to over turn I think, especially with the hugely sensitive nature of the background to it?

5 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

From Gaschat, politics on their side with voter numbers apparently:-

10000+ active Bristol Rovers fans (many based/voting in Bristol) and 40,000+ passive 'fans' based on Wembley attendances..

So the Fruit Bowl will need 50,000 seats just for home fans?

9 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

From Gaschat, politics on their side with voter numbers apparently:-

10000+ active Bristol Rovers fans (many based/voting in Bristol) and 40,000+ passive 'fans' based on Wembley attendances..

This is similar to when I told my bank that I'd be paying the mortgage with the passive pounds that were locked out of my bank account but would definitely turn up if I could just have a bigger account.

• Haha 13

28 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I hadn't read anything about a covenant before. Is that not a huge block to the FM deal?

Not easy to over turn I think, especially with the hugely sensitive nature of the background to it?

Covenant paperwork conveniently not able to be found at the time of the Sainsbury farce.

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This bit is fairly impressive tbh; even if the rest is more of the "of course nothing's happen WRT a new stadium, but we will pretend that it is".

The debt was £7m over a year ago at the last accounts and maybe £9m now, usually people want it to stay as debt because then there is no tax liability from repaying it in full.

Good news for Rovers as a club but bad news for Wael's personal fortune. Though I'm sure that the Lansdowns would do similar for City in similar circumstances.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

Rovers also confirmed that as part of the takeover process, the debt owed to Dwane Sports will be capitalised. This means that apart from ordinary trade creditors the club is substantively debt free.

You always seem to be the bearer of bad news !

• Haha 2