IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

43 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Let's not start this 'our fans are better than yours' malarkey.

If you read this thread you will know we have videos and pictures aplenty to embarrass you and maybe you could quote some stories back but the amount of past material on here is huge and none of it would be complimented by any 3rd party.

You are just showing off now, aren’t you, ?, trying to demonstrate you know and understand the difference between ‘compliment’ and ‘complement’.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Did you mean complimentary?

If you are going to come on here and criticise people's grammar and try and use big words you don't understand, at least get them right!

You are not only very offensive with what you write, you are also showing yourself up as being something you clearly are not.

At the risk of incurring a further tutorial, would it not be be easier to say 'pretending to be something you are clearly not'? 

I have not written anything that is 'very offensive'. 

2 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Steve Evans

"You have to respect the manager, the opponents and you certainly have to respect the Bristol Rovers fans - they've given me plenty of stick over the years but they give brilliant backing to their team.

Steve Evans claims Gillingham silenced the Mem in draw with Bristol Rovers - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Derek Adams

“They are one of the bigger clubs, fan base wise it is excellent, and they always create a good atmosphere when you go there. 

Adams expecting strong opposition in Bristol Rovers - News - Morecambe (morecambefc.com)

Steve Evans

"You have to respect the manager, the opponents and you certainly have to respect the Bristol Rovers fans - they've given me plenty of stick over the years but they give brilliant backing to their team.

Steve Evans claims Gillingham silenced the Mem in draw with Bristol Rovers - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Derek Adams

“They are one of the bigger clubs, fan base wise it is excellent, and they always create a good atmosphere when you go there. 

Adams expecting strong opposition in Bristol Rovers - News - Morecambe (morecambefc.com)

What is this supposed to prove?

6 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

You seem awfully angry...is it me or is it actually the pile of steaming horse manure that your team dished up today? 

My team were absolutely awful today, but be under no illusion - it is you.

Amazing you are still here, the fool who can't see he's outstayed his welcome.

2 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

You can keep your comments from the Morecambe and Gillingham managers  thanks

“The incredible fans of Bristol,” Guardiola said on ITV. “I remember five years ago when we came here for the semi-final for our first title, our first Carabao Cup. We came here for the semi-final and the environment was amazing, I remember it perfectly.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

46 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

You seem awfully angry...is it me or is it actually the pile of steaming horse manure that your team dished up today? 

Can we just ban this ******* ***, why do we have to put up with his excrement, I wouldn't mind if he had something humorous or interesting (see Netty and Miah)  I don't think he's even an asshead, just a lonely little troll, sitting in his squalor in his mum and dads house and certainly never been laid !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Can we just ban this ******* ***, why do we have to put up with his excrement, I wouldn't mind if he had something humorous or interesting (see Netty and Miah)  I don't think he's even an asshead, just a lonely little troll, sitting in his squalor in his mum and dads house and certainly never been laid !

It does seem odd that our moderators haven’t shut him down. Clearly only here to wind people up. Mind you,there’s a couple of our own who get away with it so maybe acting like a **** doesn’t warrant retribution. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Not at all - a concentration of 'Hot Air' is expected to be moving into the OTIB forum in response to the suggestion that Birmingham fans responded to a lack of atmosphere by chanting 'is this a library'? during their 2-0 triumph. After this abject display, OTIB contributors can expect to experience a sustained depression and dark moods for the whole of next week, which will only be briefly alleviated by brief infusions of 'Hot Air'. 

Atmosphere was excellent at start of the game but fell flat - however, any other ground would have been the same watching such a thoroughly wretched display from the hosts.

I take it you didn’t read my post about comments from travelling fans at the Pisspoorial last season who said the place was like a crypt full of mimes. Even your own fans have commented on the shit atmosphere, particularly from the Blackthorn End. 

On 18/08/2023 at 19:25, Hot Air said:

Sweetheart, you've heard it said that the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference? 

You and your fellow contributors are quite clearly not indifferent to us. Your protestations notwithstanding, you are still deeply interested and even invested in us and our fate and fortune. 

Now, it is Friday evening. Let's leave it here for the weekend. 

I thought you we're leaving it there for the weekend? #obsessed

3 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Are they or are they not complementary about our fans? 

Jesus mate. If I go into Google and search for the right words I’ll be able to prove that AIDS is a cure for whooping cough and that Donald Trump is an excellent leader. 

But to be honest I’m still chuckling at your definition of gas. You absolute moron. ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 16/08/2023 at 23:13, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I think it's because we've consistently underachieved for a club playing in a city the size of Bristol, but miraculously they've managed to be consistently shitter than us , making them the most bitter football fans in the entire football league.

I've thought this many times. Lets face it, City have achieved the square root of fa in, what 130 years of existence and supporting them has been a largely unrewarding activity to say the least. For 95% of that time Rovers have been worse. It's no surprise at all then that their supporter base is so bitter.

Admin - I seem to recall that the last Rent Boy to infest this forum under the handle “Ashton Hero” was quickly rechristened “Deluded Sag”. Any chance “Hot Air” could undergo a similar head-swap op.? Suggested alter ego, “Inert Gas”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I can understand why a team would find the Mem off putting to play at. Not because of the fans or atmosphere but because it is not the sort of stadium they would be used to as professional footballers. A confusing mess of tents and now with a few bushes and back gardens at one end.

The radio commentators will be saying 'Rovers will play towards the patio end in this 1st half'.

We see this every season in the FA cup, a Prem side will go to a non league side with a ground like the Mem and struggle to switch on mentally and play their normal game.

????that line tickled me 

8 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

Morecambe and Stevenage ?

13 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Never heard it at the Mem. I have however heard opposition fans and managers repeatedly say that it is difficult place to play because of the home fans and the atmosphere they generate.

Collins does need to be given a rest. He has been out of form since the end of last season - he won best player in the league because of his pre-Christmas form. Bring in Sinclair and stick with Marquis upfront. 

Finley is struggling and replacing him with Bogarde for a few games seems a good decision.

Loft isn't useless but isn't a top-half L1 striker and needs to be moved on.

I see that your fans are calling for a new striker. Why not JCH? I'm surprised no championship club has taken a gamble on him yet. 

It’s probably due to the fact that every other song is about Bristol City, so I guess the opposition fans are confused as to who they are actually playing?

As the neutral Villa groundhoppers said “And the fans are dreadful, they’ve got one club anthem that they tried to get going but it’s just not got going and then every other song is about Bristol City, at least Bristol City have got that section in the corner”

Atmosphere = “Sheeeed’ead! Sheeeed’ead! Sheeeed’ead!”

Particularly enjoyed the Rovers fans support at the Torquay match a few years back. How did it go again? Oh yes, I remember, “BOO **** OFF ******* RUBBISH BOO ******* DOG SHIT!”

Colin Daniel and co didn’t find it a difficult place to play at, but then again, they were wearing Rovers shirts ?

Atmosphere second to none alright at the Tinpotteries

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

Two comments from two small time managers? Is that classified as “constantly complimented” or whatever you said (I don’t care enough to look back)

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Two comments from two small time managers? Is that classified as “constantly complimented” or whatever you said (I don’t care enough to look back)

Yeah, they pride themselves on the atmosphere at Membley being toxic….go figure?! ?

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Admin - I seem to recall that the last Rent Boy to infest this forum under the handle “Ashton Hero” was quickly rechristened “Deluded Sag”. Any chance “Hot Air” could undergo a similar head-swap op.? Suggested alter ego, “Inert Gas”.

For someone to come on, ignoring any valid questions in order to waffle rubbish is past tiresome. 

Mods it's time.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Hot Air said:Derek Adams

Derek Adams

But not quite as big as the mighty PETERBOROUGH