IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not sure how a conference stand can knock out championship (ready) sprinklers- that’s a massive cup upset

Right up there with Chesham.

It was great listening to the Wycombe commentary yesterday. They spent the entire first half pointing out everything at Rovers that was completely Tinpot.

Haven’t laughed so much since the Villa groundhoppers did the same whilst also pointing out just how obsessed they are with City.

It was interesting that the more Rovers fans got frustrated with the game yesterday the more aggressive they became with their ‘Sheeed’ead’ chants, resorting to throwing bottles and coins like Neanderthal goons.

You just knew that Joe Low scoring would trigger the **** out of them. Set the mood for the rest of the day. Now Joey is a Charlatan, Collins is shit, they need loads more players and they’re not going to be able to show their faces to gleeful Shitheads for a few days because of the humiliation of it all.

Win next week though, coupled with a defeat for City and they’ll be coming for us big time, singing the blues and all arrogant shitheads can **** off. ?

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 4
  • Robin 2

Just watched the highlights and fair play to joe Low when he scores he’s just about to wheel off and celebrate and then has a rethink and heads straight towards the blackthorn end and gives it to em big time . Also when he clears one close to the line near the end celebrates it like it’s a goal again right in front of the masked ranks ( ???) of the blackthorn end.

on another note after what old joey said about the ref not being fit he is a bit of a porker mind - oh well 

Barcelona 1 little old Wycombe 2

• Like 2

I just saw this exchange on their forum regarding the stand. They really don't like a debate do they?

A perfectly summary from someone trying to get them to understand the legitimate concerns the locals have, with the response that they are just trying to "gaslight" them.

Screenshot_2023-08-27-10-26-36-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.d7b612b1eaa0d55510229ec603eb2293.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-27-10-28-01-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I just saw this exchange on their forum regarding the stand. They really don't like a debate do they?

A perfectly summary from someone trying to get them to understand the legitimate concerns the locals have, with the response that they are just trying to "gaslight" them.

Screenshot_2023-08-27-10-26-36-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.d7b612b1eaa0d55510229ec603eb2293.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-27-10-28-01-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

They are just genuinely very thick on there. It’s like a bad car crash. I know I shouldn’t look but I’m just intrigued. Some of the stuff they really debate or believe is incredible. They do truly think it’s the Green Party who’ve stopped the whole stand rebuild process. Beggars belief!

**** me. Case, point. They were pushing top 2 when they signed Hunt last week. Now suddenly they need a final 104th signing of the window or else they’re doomed ??

3D5616C9-B04D-4F53-97C9-308C2AD77D9A.jpeg

Edited by petehinton

Just had a (very) quick look on their "forum" re their new meccano stand.

They're all on the bandwagon, with a couple of notable exceptions, against the Green party. Its all their fault apparently :laughcont:

They'll believe any scraps their tinpot little club throws at them, totally deluded, totally devoid of any understanding of the planning process, and totally blinkered when someone actually points out that maybe the club had something to do with the incompetent way it has been handled.

I can't believe that the vast majority of the people on that forum are so stupid.

Mind you, I have acquaintances who support them and they are completely normal - until the subject of their club comes up and they revert to forgetting they have a brain. Pointless talking to them about football, it always ends the same way.

Marvellous stuff, long may it continue.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They're all on the bandwagon, with a couple of notable exceptions, against the Green party. Its all their fault apparently :laughcont:

They'll believe any scraps their tinpot little club throws at them, totally deluded, totally devoid of any understanding of the planning process, and totally blinkered when someone actually points out that maybe the club had something to do with the incompetent way it has been handled.

I can't believe that the vast majority of the people on that forum are so stupid.

Mind you, I have acquaintances who support them and they are completely normal - until the subject of their club comes up and they revert to forgetting they have a brain. Pointless talking to them about football, it always ends the same way.

Unless (of course ) they go bust !

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The stuff regarding the Greens is weird, they seem convinced of the idea that you can either be a football fan or Green, but not both.  The Greens that are posting on there, are making the point that it's the way they have gone about things, rather than the final result that is the issue, but they are being dismissed of course. This despite one quoting Gorringe in their programme admitting that they have got things wrong in the process. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The stuff regarding the Greens is weird, they seem convinced of the idea that you can either be a football fan or Green, but not both.  The Greens that are posting on there, are making the point that it's the way they have gone about things, rather than the final result that is the issue, but they are being dismissed of course. This despite one quoting Gorringe in their programme admitting that they have got things wrong in the process. 

The point made there about them being shit at strategy is spot on.

There are now more Green Councillors in Bristol than Labour ones, once the current Mayoral system ends in May so does the Rees’ veto which has stopped significant decisions (like the infamous Arena one) being made by a majority vote.

There are “all in” (every ward) elections for all Councillors at the very same time, May ‘24.

Anyone who looks at this stuff in detail & thinks the Greens won’t be the biggest party in Bristol after that date is in a very small minority.

Basically therefore they are banking on a couple of major Labour Party figures who are also Rovers ST holders to see them right, but as has already been pointed out these people won’t be in post in less than 9 months time now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Well at least it's relevant to that part of the world, not stolen like 90% of everything else related to that club.

Agree with you, meant shite,but forgot glasses! People around me wondering why I went boooo when it finished and why my Mrs gave me a thump. :laugh:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

He makes Trump sound humble !

Stupid hair, messiah complex, treats women like dirt, nothing ever his fault, no money but pretends he’s loaded, runs an odious cult for gullible tossers, in trouble with the lawman - but enough about Joey Barton…

• Haha 8
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Given the thugs piss poor record, could he be binned imminently? He's spent a lot and done naff all tbh.

Hope they keep him as long as possible. He is a constant embarrassment to the club,divides the fan base and nevers seems to improve any of the players he signs.Doing a great job!

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

50 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Given the thugs piss poor record, could he be binned imminently? He's spent a lot and done naff all tbh.

And would probably get paid a lot to be binned. But why would we want him to go? Not developing any of their own youngsters to sell on, signing older players on what I would assume big contracts but the club let him get away with so much I doubt they'll let him go even if he loses 20 games in a row.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I think the “strategy” they are running with DEMANDS promotion this season. Failure will result in several loans going back, older players on half decent money seeing out their contracts and a lot of money spent by their standards. It’s a high risk way of doing things. You can’t bring in 12-15 players every season and build a football club imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Wally hasn`t got the balls to sack him, he`s terrified of him. That and the cost of getting rid along with his scouse mafia would be eye watering.

Yep, Joey probably can’t believe his luck that he’s found a chairman and support base that completely indulge him. He can’t lose.

• Like 1