IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Because they clearly have a man a the EFL they know who was able to confirm that....

If they're going to make stuff up, at least make it believable.

Presumably they asked the ‘shithead mole’ high up within their club to fax everything off and he deliberately waited until 4 seconds after the cut off to do it.

Bastard!!

6 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Genuine question and happy to be corrected - is JCH the player who received loads of abuse off you fans, resulting in him flicking you lot the bird when subbed once and then saying it was great to play in front of “proper fans” after he’d moved?

If so, why are you lot so desperate for him to come back and why would he want to come back?

Of course, if that wasn’t him ignore me it must have been someone else the “faithful and true” had a problem with

No. I believe you're confusing Jonson Clarke-Harris for Stefan Payne. Clarke-Harris and Rovers seem to have had a pretty good relationship since he joined.

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Because they clearly have a man a the EFL they know who was able to confirm that....

If they're going to make stuff up, at least make it believable.

I'm not sure this is necessarily non-believable. Apparently it came from Tom Gorringe, who of course would know how late it was. 

I could imagine EFL taking the view of "4 seconds late is just that. 4 seconds late. Had all summer to do this transfer, we set the deadline for a reason," which would make sense to me at least. Barton seemed to echo similar sentiments in his pre-match interview today. I think the timeline isn't contradictory and fits Ferguson's post-match comments today. And from memory all the stuff with JCH's agent seems plausible as I believe his agent was in prison when he was with us. Could be wrong though. Could be completely our fault or it could be Darragh's had us on toast.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

It’s all Boros fault for not accepting whatever Rovers offered!!

IMG_1989.png

DMAC seemed to be waiting out for a high bid up until the last minute. Offer from Rovers has been in place in principle it seems for a couple days. In my opinion, in terms of getting the deal done just seems a shambles all around.

1 minute ago, Boring Sag said:

DMAC seemed to be waiting out for a high bid up until the last minute. Offer from Rovers has been in place in principle it seems for a couple days. In my opinion, in terms of getting the deal done just seems a shambles all around.

He tried Bolton and Derby who weren't interested. No Championship club wanted him either.

Just now, chinapig said:

He tried Bolton and Derby who weren't interested. No Championship club wanted him either.

If this is sincerely the case. That literally no Championship or League One club wanted him other than Rovers, then surely Rovers might have a half-decent chance at the signing in January?

If there was no interest, I imagine it's because DMAC seemed to want to make a profit on him despite having a year of his contract left. 

Just now, Boring Sag said:

If this is sincerely the case. That literally no Championship or League One club wanted him other than Rovers, then surely Rovers might have a half-decent chance at the signing in January?

If there was no interest, I imagine it's because DMAC seemed to want to make a profit on him despite having a year of his contract left. 

It was reported in the local press there. Come January who knows? It's the window when some clubs panic so there may be competition for him.

But surely Joey will have you top of the table by then anyway??

Just now, chinapig said:

It was reported in the local press there. Come January who knows? It's the window when some clubs panic so there may be competition for him.

But surely Joey will have you top of the table by then anyway??

Listen, I know there's a lot of talk on the 'big' (relatively) signings for us, but frankly literally any improvement from last season I'd take. The more the better of course, but I think we're still a fair bit off the playoffs, especially if Collins continues to play poorly. Ryan Woods looked very good today though. Main issue throughout was the lack of a striker!

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Presumably they asked the ‘shithead mole’ high up within their club to fax everything off and he deliberately waited until 4 seconds after the cut off to do it.

Bastard!!

I heard that they had a retired office admin  who just wanted to keep there hand in do the paperwork but she had arthritis!

• Haha 4